NEurope
Retro_Link

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD

Pointless argument really. Sure Avengers costs more to make, but they expect a bigger return (same remark could be said about GTA, which you brought up in a similar way before).

Anyway no one is really bothered if they spend more and you get it for the same price (in fact that's a cool bargain). What some people don't like is when you spend more or the same and get less effort than usual. People have an expectation of how much a HD remake should cost, so it's unsurprising that a lot of people don't want to pay full price for it.

And lol @ trying to explain greed to me. It's quite clearly greed dude. They are charging inordinately for delivering the same game that cost them a fraction of what a new Zelda game costs to make. Sure, you can argue it's a great game and you don't mind paying, but quite a few people have mentioned now that they won't be buying it at this price. The price is a tad greedy I think.

Edited by Sheikah

Anyone order from Shopto? They usually have started the order process by now. I'm just wondering if there is an issue with my order or if everyone is still waiting.

Gonna bump this up in case it gets lost in the bickering.

I'm still in the 'too expensive' camp here myself. Cinema is a very a different business, so I'll completely ignore that argument. As for saying 'the effort justifies the price tag' - the exact point being made is that it doesn't. If a full price, brand new, freshly developed game which takes much more effort can be released and sold at £40 or even less, then a game that has still had some effort, but less - should cost less too. The effort justifies the price tag, no?

However, it's all choice and cost. It's a shame that so many fans of the original won't actually pick this up; but then again I don't think that's the entirety of their expectation with it anyway.

But this isn't the same upressing an old game and knocking it out is it?! Bloody hell how many times do we have to go through this. Where's Serebii when you need him :)

If Nintendo just upressed Wind Waker GC people would have bitched, they've actually put effort in and people want a Sony style upres. AWESOME!!!!

And you'll be waiting a long time if you think this will drop to £20

I understand that but like it or not its still a remake of game which came out 10 years ago. The price cant be justified.

They could easily sell this for £30 and easily get back the development costs and more.

I wouldnt call it greed I would just say its unrealistic but we will see once the numbers are out how many people are happy to pay £40+? I'm sure there will be plenty that will buy the game but me personally cant pay that much for the game even though I am a big fan.

Edited by liger05

Mine hasn't. Came here to ask that.

New site and forum headers (i.e. they're different so check both)!

Watching the GT review of this highlighted just how little I actually remember about the game.. :eek:

I don't understand how people can dismiss the other entertainment argument? Why? Why is it okay to rerelease Jaws on bluray and charge full price, but rereleasing wind waker is wrong. Not just that, they've actually changed the game and added new functionality. It's a valid argument whether you want to pay full price or not; shouldn't just dismiss it.

If people are happy with the cube version and don't feel it's enough to buy, fine, in the same way most people are happy to stick with dvds.

Though I take full responsibility for this restarting :D Just fed up with the constant bitching I guess.

ANYWAYS!!! Mines been shipped from Game, can't wait to play this again tomrorow night (and I paid £54 for the SE, what a fool I am)

Who said it was OK? I'd say the same thing about that too. If I cared about it.

I can't wait to play this stunning game once again, no word from ShopTo yet so the waiting game continues! :)

No news is good news, isn't it.

Bring on Friday, 3 day weekend to enjoy the game once again.

Why does it seem impossible for us to have a thread that doesn't decend into pointless bickering and back and forths?

If people want to pay for the game and play it, good for them, I hope they enjoy it.

If you feel the price is too steep, then good for you, too.

Can we actually have a thread that is about a game be about the game please.

Granted it is not out yet but I'm sure those who ordered online will prolly start getting it tomorrow (if not already got it today?...Anyone?) so I do hope once those who are getting start playing we can actually discuss the game like gamers.

Also on a personal side note, does anyone know exactly at what point the Fast Sail becomes available as I'm aware the game doesn't prompt you when it appears and I want to make sure I get it as soon as it is there to be had :D

New site and forum headers (i.e. they're different so check both)!

The home page still has the same W101 header.

My console bundle was shipped today from shopto, i guess the games will go out later too hopefully.

The home page still has the same W101 header.

Refresh :wink:

I got no shipping confirmation.

Looks like it's coming on release day. :<

No shipping info from ShopTo, it's after 5pm which means, no early Wind Waker for me... but then I have Sonic so no reason to complain. :grin:

I did however up the delivery to recorded, yes it's extra but I'm not having this beauty of a game - or my free metal keyring - going missing ;) it's fine though, I also opted to part-pay with points.

Plenty to do before it arrives anyway. :D

-----------------------------------

Scratch that, it has just been shipped! :o

Only £27.03 after I used my site credit on it. :)

Edited by S.C.G

I don't understand how people can dismiss the other entertainment argument? Why? Why is it okay to rerelease Jaws on bluray and charge full price, but rereleasing wind waker is wrong. Not just that, they've actually changed the game and added new functionality. It's a valid argument whether you want to pay full price or not; shouldn't just dismiss it.

I would say two things to this; first of all, I rarely see Blu-Rays of old movies at new release prices. Perusing amazon's pre-orders briefly shows the likes of Carrie and The Adams Family for under £8 (HD versions of movies previously released in SD) and things like a 35th Anniversary edition of Halloween with extras and in steelbook packaging for £15. Whereas The Purge is £15, The Conjuring is £13 and so on.

Also, I think you have to take into account the price. £15 is not a huge sum of money. £40 is.

I do think this particular argument is pretty silly, but I just felt like I need to point out those few bits.

I personally think the price point is...

display.php?area=news&id=376&size=full

I've never played WW. So I have no issues with the price. Really looking forward to it actually!

I ordered from ShopTo and looks like mine will be comin Friday - which is unusual for ShopTo!

This bickering is annoying me as well, if you don't want to get it based on the price then fair enough. That is your own choice, and i'm not going to pursuade you otherwise. Heck, i'm not too happy with it, but i've got a £20 gift card so i don't mind it's only going to cost me £20 for the game.

If you do get the game, fair enough as well. Let's enjoy it once more.

Just got an account charge and order receipt email from shop to. No dispatch email though.

I have a weekend of doing nothing so this has come at the right time! Can't wait to get my wind Waker on!!

WW advert on Pick TV. :) Good to see - these are the sort of dark autumn/winter nights for some Nintendo magic. The line up is looking good for both Wii U and 3DS.

Why does it seem impossible for us to have a thread that doesn't decend into pointless bickering and back and forths?

This bickering is annoying me as well

Is it bickering? It looks very much like discussion... on a discussion forum. Or is price and worth too trivial an issue for debate? No one is really trying to persuade/dissuade others into/out of purchases but it should be clear to most that this HD remix has cost relatively little to produce yet is being sold at a standard price.

In the end I have decided to get the game despite originally moaning at the price.

Thing that swung if for me was I realised I could let me kids play the normal mode (on what I remember as a very easy Zelda) and I will play on hard mode.

Anyone else on here planning to start playing on hard mode?

Edit: I mean hero mode.