NEurope
Retro_Link

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD

So, deku leaf brought back for future Zeldas yay or nay?

Yay x a million IMO

More than anything else, I want the Ball & Chain back but with actual 1-1 Motionplus controls & physics!

Twilight Princess was such a goddamn tease! (And Skyward Sword disappointed me by not having it :( ). Dammit! It would feel amazingly fun to use! :D

Yes to both! Deku leaf and Ball & Chain AND also add to that my proposition for the spinner too - along with lots of places to actually use it.

You only had to do 20 floors IIRC. The 50 floors was for a piece of heart I believe.

BTW, that's gonna be hard as hell on Hero Mode! :D

Ahhh, I remember doing that place before I had the mirror shield. Sad times going through it twice over!

I've never played Master Quest, anyone comment on how that went?

Iirc, every time I've played it it's only been upto just before the Water Temple. It's essentially the exact same game all round - the inside of the dungeons are physically/geographically the same BUT the content is completely different so you'll find yourself going through in a different order/path to what you're maybe used to. Getting items at different times etc. Cows in the walls in JabuJabu(major lol for me). One day I'll actually get my copy of OoT 3D back and try it out. The overworld and progression is mostly the same though.

Edited by Rummy
Automerged Doublepost

Does anyone know if the figurine sidequest has been made more streamlined/improved in any way? It was fun and yet frustrating at the same time.

Iirc, every time I've played it it's only been upto just before the Water Temple. It's essentially the exact same game all round - the inside of the dungeons are physically/geographically the same BUT the content is completely different so you'll find yourself going through in a different order/path to what you're maybe used to. Getting items at different times etc. Cows in the walls in JabuJabu(major lol for me). One day I'll actually get my copy of OoT 3D back and try it out. The overworld and progression is mostly the same though.

I have still got my GameCube copy of this, from launch day in mint condition (obviously opened though). Had a massive session playing the Ocarina of Time disc a few years back doing master quest, got drunk while playing and ruined my my copy of the game (whatever it may be worth in the future) by scribing in the back of the manual in pen "I don't know why there are cows inside Jabu Jabu".

Master Quest was enjoyable as I knew the game backwards, so to play it all again but have the dungeons present another challenge kept it fresh, really recommend it! :)

Does anyone know if the figurine sidequest has been made more streamlined/improved in any way? It was fun and yet frustrating at the same time.

Well you can store more photos (12?), but that's all I'm aware of.

Found out one improvement while reading through the US Miiverse community. The Pictobox will show an icon if the photo is suitable for making a figure with, which is handy I guess. Hopefully it works with bosses.

Can't believe NoE aren't doing an early digital release. :(

Found out one improvement while reading through the US Miiverse community. The Pictobox will show an icon if the photo is suitable for making a figure with, which is handy I guess. Hopefully it works with bosses.

Can't believe NoE aren't doing an early digital release. :(

Considering that they're struggling to keep the Wii U on store shelves over here, the last thing NOE would want to do right now is piss off the retailers (Wii Fit U's early digital release makes sense because retailers get to make money off of the sales of the Activity Meters).

So when everyone was saying (well, maybe not everyone) that they couldn't go back to traditional button presses to swing the sword after Skyward Sword... I wonder, how does it feel to go back to traditional button presses??

Not really heard any mention of that.

The fighting was never good in Wind Waker anyway. It's an amazing game, but the "press A to win" combat is rather lame. Somehow, the boss battle is one of the best in gaming, but the actual gameplay of it is quite terrible.

Still not ready to buy into the concept of a HD re-release, but I'll be damned if this screenshot isn't coming close to selling me on WW:HD, christ

zlCfzRIkS9I14BRtXK

Had a dream I'd somehow totally bought this along with everyone else the other day, indifferent to both the game and my previous opinion of not buying it. However it was exceeding expectations.

Was thoroughly confused just now when I realised this still hasn't 'happened'. I'm still definitely indifferent, but if I'm dreaming about it I can't help but wonder...

BitBlock Review:

Hmm. Speedier sailing does look good/solving quite a tedious problem - though I'm slightly counter on the triforce quest simplification. I actually liked doing the whole triforce chart/decipher/locate thing as it lead to a lot of exploration imo. Is there any option to do that all like the old way?

Anyone thinking of getting the box set for the collectors guides ? It looks like the wind Waker hd light green book is included ? I may be wrong ?

Edited by yesteryeargames

Does anyone know if the wii u console pack has the game pre installed ? or a download code leaflet?

Is the console that comes with it the same as a black launch console ?

I was hoping to keep my currect console and put it with the zelda pack,

and then sell my zombie u pack with the new zelda console unit only and the old cables ect.

Does anyone know if the wii u console pack has the game pre installed ? or a download code leaflet?

Is the console that comes with it the same as a black launch console ?

I was hoping to keep my currect console and put it with the zelda pack,

and then sell my zombie u pack with the new zelda console unit only and the old cables ect.

It's a digital download code inside the box, the only difference will be the tablet design.

Just saw a TV advert for this. Awww yeah

What channel?

I just seen an ad on Disney Junior while my son was watchin Jake and Neverland Pirates.

I hope to frak they wilk have it on more mainstrem channels like Sky One and such too

Does anyone know of any cheaper stores that are offering a pre-order for this game? Most online stores seem to be selling it for a full £40 price tag. I have a lot of my funds this month directing to other matters, so I would appreciate finding the game cheaper than the current price tag.

Has anyone seen any better deals, or should I wait until after release?

Does anyone know of any cheaper stores that are offering a pre-order for this game? Most online stores seem to be selling it for a full £40 price tag. I have a lot of my funds this month directing to other matters, so I would appreciate finding the game cheaper than the current price tag.

Has anyone seen any better deals, or should I wait until after release?

just noticed my pre-order is £44.99 with amazon.

Not paying that so order canceled. I am busy with GTA and Rayman plus Pokemon next week so Zelda can wait.