NEurope
Retro_Link

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD

How are they going to to the wand music, unless it's touched-base on the tablet.

Still, will be nice to replay this in all it's HD glory

How are they going to to the wand music, unless it's touched-base on the tablet.

Still, will be nice to replay this in all it's HD glory

You used the two analog sticks in the Gamecube version so presumably it'll be the same here on the Gamepad.

You used the two analog sticks in the Gamecube version so presumably it'll be the same here on the Gamepad.

I'm hoping for a shortcut button on the GamePad that when pressed will play the song without the need of faffing on with the stick movements.

I'm hoping for a shortcut button on the GamePad that when pressed will play the song without the need of faffing on with the stick movements.

Wouldn't that be easier, but i reckon with Nintendo they could make it touch-based on the tablet instead of with the sticks. Would be more interesting, and more frustrating for some.

I thought this looked absolutely brilliant. What impressed me most is that they've made the lighting so much more sophisticated, and yet it retains the charm of the original. Now I've seen it running, it's clear the cel-shading is just as good (and the whole game is much sharper, obviously). I for one am looking forward to playing Wind Waker in 1080p.

I for one am looking forward to playing Wind Waker in 1080p.

Have they said it will be 1080p??

Personally I am a bit disappointed, apart from some of the grass models and lighting it doesn't look much better than the existing game does upscaled to HD on an emulator. There's also way too much bloom effects, softening the tidy crisp visuals. From the early artwork I thought a bit more time was going to be spent improving it. I thought "I need a Wii U" for this when I first saw it, now not so sure.

Edited by Shorty

Pleased to hear it's 1080p, but a shame they are still being tight lipped about new content/features.

I'm completely underwhelmed because I thought this was going to be a worthwhile HD upgrade!... but really what has been the point of this game other than wasted development time taken from other projects.

Personally I'm glad the style is like the first game, was a bit worried from the concept art they would change it too much but doesn't look like they have. the GC version looks terrible on a HD TV.

Agree, from the renders I really thought they'd ruined it. The bloom is still a little strong, but the charm is still there and it looks stunning. Will look amazing in 1080p and the 'message in a bottle' feature is very clever

Well, maybe you need to see them running side by side, but 1080p seemed to add nothing. It's cell shaded so it's not like textures were ever going to look any different, but I expected a new lighting engine or something! Just looks exactly like the Cube version.

In some parts it looks pretty much the same and in other parts it looks stunning, I don't know how i feel about the game but if they can add the missing dungeons, stop those stupid fetch quests and make everything a bit swisher then i suppose it'll do for me. The online element sounds interesting too.

If they were going to add extra dungeons they'd have said so by now surely. Given how half arsed so many of their other games are, I can't see it happen.

The only complaint I have about this is the HUD, so cluttered and messy, does there need to be so much on the screen at once?

This game looks pretty bogging to me to be honest. The bloom is nasty and there's something off about the lighting on the models.

The original's visual style is tightly refined. It's basically perfect. You don't take something so finely tuned and just go whizz bang look guys shit be glowing now.

This looks just like the GC version. I love that game, I really do and will get this but maybe its just my eyes but it looked very similar to the Cube game.

I'd totally bite if I didn't have this on Dolphin already. As it stands, color me uninterested.

This looks just like the GC version. I love that game, I really do and will get this but maybe its just my eyes but it looked very similar to the Cube game.

I'd agree, but when you see older games they can seem awful. We really need a side by side comparison to really see the difference.

BTW at least it'll be in 16:9!

Supposedly you can use the Gamepad's touch screen to control the baton. Cool!

Would rather have Wii Remote motion controls for it though ;)

Art looks to have lost some simplicity in place of complexity('utilised shading'?) - totally detracts from the charm for me. Not buying until £25 or sub that, I can easily bust out a GC and WW and just play that instead tbh.