NEurope
Retro_Link

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/01/23/zelda-wind-waker-getting-wii-u-remake

As officially confirmed during today’s Nintendo Direct broadcast, an HD remake of GameCube classic The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker is coming to Wii U this Fall. Nintendo president Satoru Iwata noted that the game was meant to help ease the wait for the next big Zelda game (which was also revealed today and has no release estimate in sight).

The game will give players the option to play entirely on the GamePad, and will feature both upgraded graphics and Miiverse integration. Nintendo also plans to tune up the original experience, though precisely what changes that might entail is a mystery at this point. On the visual side of things, the game definitely retains its core visual style, but with the addition of some noticeable visual flourishes (such as enhanced lighting to lend the cel-shading a more vibrant, dynamic look).

Will update with info

Edited by Retro_Link

The bomb has been dropped at ND. It's coming out this fall and has Miiverse integration and off screen play.

OK, when I read "HD" I thought they meant the usual "same graphics displayed in a HD resolution", and my excitement was based on that.

But they've actually improved the graphics? That's amazing.

Tbf though these look like little more than paintings/stills with a lot of lighting effects, but still if the final thing resembles this... grabbing the other images now.

Looks great, Nintendo showing how a proper HD update is done. I wonder how much extra content will be added. Wasn't there rumours of dungeons being cut because of time constraints?

My only minor complaint looking at the comparison shots, the characteristic colour pallet seems lost in the update.

vr6rpSg.png

Finding the a killer Bees again should be great! :love:

Also: makes the original look dire! I now feel old!

My favourite Zelda game. Incredible news, and will more than make the wait for a proper Wii U Zelda worth it.

I wonder what they meant about tweaking the gameplay. I suppose adding in the missing dungeons would be too much to ask for.

Hope they include GamePad Tingle Tuner! :D

oh wow, I'd forgotten about that. That would be perfect.

Something about it just doesn't quite look right..

Is there something wrong with me..? :weep:

No, at the moment it does look very Bloomy, and as though they've just upped the contrast to maximum on everything!

But I think this is very must just work in progress; it's bound to look great.

@Shorty, video in opening post if you wanna get that on the main site.

I think some of the unique colour pallet has been lost in the extreme lighting, but I can't wait to see Forbidden Fortress.

It'd be nice if they expanded the Great Sea and made some new, bigger islands to explore.

Wind Waker is my favourite game ever, but I'm more anxious than excited about this remake.

The lighting is ridiculously OTT and they seem to have gone for a halfway point between the original Wind Waker and Skyward Sword in terms of visuals/textures. Still looks great IMO

@Shorty, video in opening post if you wanna get that on the main site.

Naw I'd just break it. Passed it on to the people who know what they're doing :p

I didn't buy Wind Waker first time around out of sheer protest. And by the time Twilight Princess was out and Nintendo thereby had made amends for their sins, I couldn't get a copy of WW. So, atless Nintendo make the next Zelda toony, I'll buy this. But if the next Zelda IS toony, I'll buy neither of them, yet again out of protest.

But yeah, this looks quite good. Kinda feels like some Nintendo employee saw Vice City Rage and said: "let's do that":