NEurope
Serebii

Resident Evil Revelations Wii U

Hmmm, becoming more and more temoting... Sure I saw it for £26 somewhere the other day too!!!

The Wii U is so good it's annoying all games aren't coming over so they can take advantage of miiverse and the gamepad... grumblegrumblegrumble

Gods damnit Capcom stop making want to double dip...STOP IT *twitches*

Goodbye Wiimote, it was nice knowing you.

Yeah, it's a real shame that they didn't add the option in. I suppose that they wanted a level playing field for Raid Mode - that and the fact that adding it in would take a bit of effort, clearly too much to ask :blank:

Ah shite I forgot about that.

Yeah you'd think after using it for RE4 Wii Edition it wouldn't be that much of an ask for them to port/upgrade those controls for this :mad:

Actually I set a challenge to Capcom. If they add Wiimote controlls to this then I will certainly and gladly double dip on this one :heh:

Yeah, it's a real shame that they didn't add the option in. I suppose that they wanted a level playing field for Raid Mode - that and the fact that adding it in would take a bit of effort, clearly too much to ask :blank:

Well they used it for RE4 Wii Edition, so I doubt it would take that much effort.

I also don't think they would be worried about the difference between Wiimote players and Gamepad/Pro Controller players. RAID is a co-op game so having someone with better accuracy and fast aiming would be helpful to dual stick players.

Plus if your saying they did this cause they thought a Wiimote player would have too much advantage.... I can't see the logic in them saying "well this control scheme is actually the best one...but lets not use it"

But then again stranger things.....:heh:

No local co-op play confirmed though, come on Capcom, one on the Gamepad, one on the Pro Controller. If BLOPS2 could do it, surely you can.

This is a major omission...

No local co-op play confirmed though, come on Capcom, one on the Gamepad, one on the Pro Controller. If BLOPS2 could do it, surely you can.

and this is lazy too.

I'll still be getting this as I don't own a 3DS, but Capcom really don't give about quality in RE any more.

What a difference a generation makes. This time last generation the Wii got the DEFINITIVE version of RE4 with multiple control schemes (GC pad, Classic Controller and Wii remote), improve graphics and all the added material. It was amazing and sold over 2 million copies - not bad for a game already released on GC and PS2.

At least they gave us the love with MH3U...

Yeah, if they'd added in Wiimote aiming I'd have double dipped on this. It's a shame really because, without having any knowledge of how their engine works, it would have probably just been a matter of mapping it like the mouse on the PC version.

We should expect a Wii U Demo soon.

"Capcom wants to show us what we have to look forward to with a demo, which is apparently coming to the Wii U eShop pretty soon; no firm release date has been given. It sounds like it'll cover the very start of the game, as Jill Valentine and her well-bearded colleague — so memorable that his name doesn't immediately spring to mind — arrive at the spooky Queen Zenobia, a large luxury cruise-liner that is delightfully reminiscent of a mansion when on board."

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/04/resident_evil_revelations_demo_to_sneak_up_on_the_wii_u_eshop

They don't really looked to have improved this at all visually. For a console version, the beach scene looks laughable.

3DS version all the way.

They don't really looked to have improved this at all visually. For a console version, the beach scene looks laughable.

3DS version all the way.

I know, I just cancelled my 25 quid preorder, too busy with MH3 and FE now to bother playing this again without some substantial additions.

demo is up.

Just finished the demo and I enjoyed it. Nice clean crisp visuals, the demo is short as hell.

I did have to turn the aiming sensitivity down though, it seemed a touch to sensitive. I'll pick it up for 20 quid as I'd quite like to play it on the big screen.

demo is up.

Just finished the demo and I enjoyed it. Nice clean crisp visuals, the demo is short as hell.

I did have to turn the aiming sensitivity down though, it seemed a touch to sensitive. I'll pick it up for 20 quid as I'd quite like to play it on the big screen.

Yeah, I was reading your impressions of it on Neogaf. I see some people are having issues with it though.

Yeah, I was reading your impressions of it on Neogaf. I see some people are having issues with it though.

I played the demo and have some issues with it myself. The 3DS version nailed the atmosphere, it was dark and nerve-racking around every corner. I remember the Ooze being surprising difficult to kill the first time encountered due to the power of the handgun. This, Wii U, version however, seems to totally lack the same sense of danger in two respects. The visuals in HD are too light and clear. Sure it looks crisp and Jill's arse is still perfectly rendered, but there is no impending feeling of horror due to some fault in their choice of lighting the level. I don't know if this is also related to having played through it before. The second issue was that the Ooze dropped too easy. Get to the room where you meet dead Rachael, in the 3DS version, and the 2 Ooze were difficult to kill and made you have to dodge because there was no time to kill them before they reached you. The Wii U version, however, I killed both Ooze befoire they even made it around to my side of the central table. This was on Normal difficulty.

The demo, therefore, felt more like a run and gun version (Raid Mode) rather than the far superior Horror version of the 3DS.

Overall it feels like a great port. The visuals hold up really nicely, with high res textures and some nice motion blur. Looks great, but most importantly it sounds great! The audio upgrades are MASSIVE! There are far more ambient sounds in play, much higher quality sounds/voices, meaty gunshot sounds that actually feel very satisfying (my number 1 pet peeve with the 3DS original in terms of sound), great audio seperation and a quality soundscape. The bass is also just right, nice and thumping, but not too overwhelming. The game has a fantastic soundtrack and the Wii U version truly does it justice! :D

Controls are also fine, aside from the bizzare decision to not have the Genesis scanner controlled ZombiU style (especially confusing when you consider that the original 3DS version had support for gyro controls to begin with!)

Also... yes I would kill for RE4 Wii controls. I'm gonna keep at it on Miiverse until they listen! (though I want to be able to use it in conjunction with the Gamepad for inventory management, like how Pikmin 3 uses the Wiimote & Chuck alongside the Gamepad on the stand!)

Played the Demo and liked it, will pick this up shortly after release.

The second issue was that the Ooze dropped too easy. Get to the room where you meet dead Rachael, in the 3DS version, and the 2 Ooze were difficult to kill and made you have to dodge because there was no time to kill them before they reached you. The Wii U version, however, I killed both Ooze befoire they even made it around to my side of the central table. This was on Normal difficulty.

That could just be for the demo. Either that they altered the difficulty due to the new difficulty modes?

Downloading this now. It's taken over half an hour.

Almost too tired to play it lol. I will post impressions once played though I can't see me wanting to play this version over the 3DS?!

I'm not even gay, but I may have to make an exception for Chris! Hubba hubba! :o

Haha Dcubed. I lol'd.

And I love the sailor outfit.

I played the demo last night. I thought it looked nice to be honest. Certainly looks like it's been updated well.

I just didn't really like the second control stick after playing the 3ds. I was in the minority who preferred it without the CPP, so this was a bit strange at first.

I am really on the fence with it. Either buy it on the 3ds eShop, or buy it for Wii U?! Depends on price of Wii U one I guess.

So... am I the only one re-buying this game on release then?* :blank:

I was mainly getting it for the sake of being able to play Raid Mode online with other people on the Wii U as it has a better online infrastructure but if no one else is buying then... :p

*actually getting it for 'free' with ShopTo site credit

How much is it S.C.G?

I am interested in buying - I might download it though but it depends on the price!

I do have some ShopTo credit myself so could use that too I guess!

So... am I the only one re-buying this game on release then?* :blank:

I was mainly getting it for the sake of being able to play Raid Mode online with other people on the Wii U as it has a better online infrastructure but if no one else is buying then... :p

*actually getting it for 'free' with ShopTo site credit

I'm rebuying it, but on the 360 instead of the Wii U.