NEurope
Serebii

Resident Evil Revelations Wii U

Well as I don't own a 3DS I'll probably get this day one! I'm actually really looking forward to it, and I'm happy it's full retail as I prefer disks and boxes :)

Indeed, for anyone who has not got a 3DS and not played this yet I fully recommend you get this version if you are a fan of RE and survival horror in general..... it'll also help to wash out the bad taste of RE6 if you played that (which I'd rather not see on the Wii U unless they gave it a massive overhaul....or you know just give us a brand new game altogether and forget 6)

Isn't 'reveliations' Nintendo published on the 3DS. Part of the unveil afterall?

This was going to be my next 3DS purchase for the coming wintery months too, may hold out to hear if the new features are worth going for the Wii U version as opposed to a cheaper 3DS original!

lol @ the £40 price.

I wont be buying this again till it hits the bomba bin!!

The only shit thing about this port is I'm betting it will be lazy and that CAPCOM won't bother doing Wii Remote controls so we won't be getting cool RE4 style pointer aiming, but instead shitty dual analog aiming as a standard. I hope I'm wrong!

The only shit thing about this port is I'm betting it will be lazy and that CAPCOM won't bother doing Wii Remote controls so we won't be getting cool RE4 style pointer aiming, but instead shitty dual analog aiming as a standard. I hope I'm wrong!

You might be right there actually.

They'll prolly set up the gamepad controls very similar to the 3DS and say the Wii U version is truely like taking the handheld to the big screen or something, and forget about an option for Wiimotes...we'll prolly see later this afetrnoon.

That said I had no issues with controls on the 3DS....and I didn't have the CPP

Awesome! i'll buy this, but maybe when its less than £40, really Capcom should have announced this for PC,Ps3 and 360, and for Wiiu Resident Evil 6/Revelations double pack

It should have gyro controls for aiming though... They were pretty damn awesome in the 3DS version!

for Wiiu Resident Evil 6/Revelations double pack

The Wii U is probably better off with just Revelations.

The Wii U is probably better off with just Revelations.

The WORLD was better off with just Revelations. RE6 was...just...oh... It was like someone had dug up your favourite deceased pet and was using them in a ventriloquist act.

Horribly, horribly disrespectful but in some mesmerising way, you just couldn't tear yourself away from the bastardisation of the thing you loved so well.

It was marginally better than 5, however.

Ha ha ha maybe you are right i'm yet to buy it as i hear its so bad, might wait for it to be free on psn, it might be worth that price

It should have gyro controls for aiming though... They were pretty damn awesome in the 3DS version!

It should have Wii Remote controls too, unless they can't be arsed to do it properly. The Wii version of RE4 was the best by a mile because of the amazing controls, I want to see those controls again.

Also, RE5 was OK, I played it on PC. It certainly wasn't a survival horror title though, there was no ammo conservation or anything, it was just an action title with a small amount of horror and RE characters. Also, the whole pacing of the game and felt like it was just trying to be a re-skinned RE4.

I would have loved to see RE6 on Wii U, providing it had the pointer controls. If not I'll just cross my fingers for an eventual PC port.

One word, people:

Maaaaaaayyydaaayyyyyyy.

Or two words....

FOUND YOOOOUUUU

I was planning to get this on 3DS at some point but ill just pick up the WiiU edition instead, i have to imagine after the Wii edition of Resident Evil 4 there is some pressure on them adding motion controls, they have to at least have a template to work with from that game. I hope they add in stereoscopic 3d too, so far the only WiiU game to have it is ACIII, would love to see it in this game too.

I was planning to get this on 3DS at some point but ill just pick up the WiiU edition instead, i have to imagine after the Wii edition of Resident Evil 4 there is some pressure on them adding motion controls, they have to at least have a template to work with from that game. I hope they add in stereoscopic 3d too, so far the only WiiU game to have it is ACIII, would love to see it in this game too.

Fingers crossed mate! My big worry with the gamepad as the primary controller is that all of the cool things that the Wii remote brought to gaming will be forgotten and replaced with on screen menus and the odd styles motion.

Available in Japan:

screenshot_51898_thumb_wide930.jpg

Premium Set for the princely sum of 42,000 Yen (293 British Pounds).

...I don't really understand the point in this game. Is it literally just a port of the 3DS game, or is there more to it than that?

Just shows Capcom's mentality these days. Bleed something dry.

...I don't really understand the point in this game. Is it literally just a port of the 3DS game, or is there more to it than that?

It's pretty much a straight port. There's a couple of additions like a new enemy, changing enemy location layouts and adding a new difficulty. Yes they should change their name to Portcom. Thanks for our 2 Wii U ports of 3DS games.

I'm really looking forward to this! What's more, at that price it's a steal. I wonder if we'll get any special edition? With this, MH3U, Aliens and Pikmin this year there's already quite a lot to keep me busy!

It's a very good RE game.

I haven't heard much info on this at all, but I think there would be more to this game, perhaps they'll include things they couldn't add before.

But also... the ability for both players to enter through the SAME door at the SAME time instead of taking turns.

Available in Japan:

screenshot_51898_thumb_wide930.jpg

Premium Set for the princely sum of 42,000 Yen (293 British Pounds).

No Umbrella watch, no deal, yeah i know Umbrella is no longer a thing but i like the logo.