NEurope
Serebii

Resident Evil Revelations Wii U

Woohoo! 360 version here I come!

Hopefully the loading times will be greatly improved over the 3DS version.

Complete with high quality HD visuals, enhanced lighting effects and an immersive sound experience, the fear that was originally brought to players in Resident Evil Revelations on the Nintendo 3DS™ system returns redefined for home consoles. Furthermore, the home console version will deliver additional content including a terrifying new enemy, extra difficulty mode and improvements to Raid Mode such as new weapons, skill sets and the opportunity to play as Hunk and other characters from the series. Raid Mode, which was first introduced to the series in the original version of Resident Evil Revelations, sees gamers play online in co-op mode or alone in single player, taking on the hordes of enemies across a variety of missions whilst levelling up characters and earning weapon upgrades.

Franklin will be happy with the new difficulty. :D

Trailer

Had hoped it would be something else. Don't know if I'd bother with it having played the hell out of the 3DS version.

Not sure if it would translate well to a console too, the way the game is set out and teh whole episodic style of teh story fits a handheld so well for shorter play sessions.

The game as a whole actually feels perfect on a handheld. Unless they add some new content and extra episodes or more to the story to make it fit a console better.

Woohoo! 360 version here I come!

Hopefully the loading times will be greatly improved over the 3DS version.

Why not get the Wii U version? Surely with the gamepad I'm sure it'll have the extra touch controls the 3DS had for switching weapons and some other bits that used the screen on the 3DS.

Why not get the Wii U version? Surely with the gamepad I'm sure it'll have the extra touch controls the 3DS had for switching weapons and some other bits that used the screen on the 3DS.

I've got Resident Evil 5,6 and OC on that console, so it will be getting added to that collection. Also my brother, nephew and mates all have a 360 and will make for some good co-op action on raid, especially as voice chat is as standard on the 360. :D

I'm guessing "achievements".

Lols.

Well if I do get a version it'll be the Wii U what with having the second screen.

The way it's meant to be played. : peace:

Oh and Capcom can go fcuk themselves if they think I'm paying £40.

I'll double dip when it goes to £25 max

I'm guessing "achievements".

That as well but mainly for the reasons I stated before.

Why is me wanting to play on a console with achievements a bad thing? This isn't the first time some one has took a cheap jab at me for picking a 360 version over another one. Does it have any effect you whether I play on a console that supports achievements or not? Didn't think so.

Already have it on 3DS, but if the sequel is multi format straight away, think I'd rather get it on 360 or Wii U. Unless Nintendo brings out a new 3DS model with dual analogues by then. :indeed:

Meh. :zzz:

Revelations is a great game, I got 80+ hours out of it on 3DS (mainly 'cos of Raid Mode), but I'm not interested in playing through it again just for HD and a new terrifying enemy etc... :blank:

They should have just ported it to 360 and PS3, and given Wii U Revelations 2. ;)

Franklin will be happy with the new difficulty. :D

New Difficulty you say?

:bouncy:

Well that does interest me, haha. That's like Capcom knew I did it every difficulty possible on the 3DS and made a new one just for me :D

New enemy type also intrigues me.

Depending on price I might be tempted to double dip so. It all hangs on the price. (You should get a discount for having bought the 3DS game)

I've got Resident Evil 5,6 and OC on that console, so it will be getting added to that collection. Also my brother, nephew and mates all have a 360 and will make for some good co-op action on raid, especially as voice chat is as standard on the 360. :D

Well if MH3U gets voice chat I'm sure this will too....and you could play with N-E peeps then, we're much more interesting that your family :wink:

As for achievements if it anything like the 3DS game it'll prolly have it's own "built in" achievements too.... like the No-Herb run, that was the only reason I did that, cause the game DARED ME TO DO IT!

Did you get the 3DS game?

Meh. :zzz:

Revelations is a great game, I got 80+ hours out of it on 3DS (mainly 'cos of Raid Mode), but I'm not interested in playing through it again just for HD and a new terrifying enemy etc... :blank:

They should have just ported it to 360 and PS3, and given Wii U Revelations 2. ;)

Now that I'll agree with :D

Unless it comes out at a good price I prolly won't get day one.

But the OCD in me will want to try that new difficulty mode (hopefully all difficulties will be available to pick from from teh start) so I may get it later if I see a good price.

But I'm sure come May I'll still be well stuck into MH3U anyway, I won't be craving much in teh way of new games for a long time once I get that :D

Hope this isn't one of the bombshells in tomorrow's Nintendo Direct, as It's not really along the lines of hype I'm hoping for.

CAPCOM CONFIRMS RESIDENT EVIL™ REVELATIONS FOR HOME CONSOLE RELEASE IN MAY 2013

London, UK. — January 22nd, 2013 — Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today confirmed that Resident Evil™ Revelations will release at retail for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft®, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Windows® PC and Nintendo’s Wii U™ console across North America on May 21st and Europe on May 24th 2013. The title will also be available to download digitally from the same dates on PlayStation®3 for €49.99 and Windows®PC for €39.99 with details on digital versions for Xbox 360® and Nintendo’s Wii U™ console to follow.

Complete with high quality HD visuals, enhanced lighting effects and an immersive sound experience, the fear that was originally brought to players in Resident Evil Revelations on the Nintendo 3DS™ system returns redefined for home consoles. Furthermore, the home console version will deliver additional content including a terrifying new enemy, extra difficulty mode and improvements to Raid Mode such as new weapons, skill sets and the opportunity to play as Hunk and other characters from the series. Raid Mode, which was first introduced to the series in the original version of Resident Evil Revelations, sees gamers play online in co-op mode or alone in single player, taking on the hordes of enemies across a variety of missions whilst levelling up characters and earning weapon upgrades.

The critically acclaimed survival horror title takes players back to the events that took place between Resident Evil™ 4 and Resident Evil™ 5 and reveals the truth about the T-Abyss virus. Resident Evil Revelations features series favourites Jill Valentine and Chris Redfield, plus respective BSAA partners – Parker Luciani and Jessica Sherawat. The action begins on board a supposedly abandoned cruise ship, the ‘Queen Zenobia’, where horrors lurk around every corner, before players head for the mainland and the devastated city of Terragrigia. With limited ammo and weapons available the race is on to survive the horror of Resident Evil Revelations.

Resident Evil Revelations will take full advantage of Residentevil.net with content available to users once the game launches. Players can pre-register on the service from January 24th to gain early access to Resident Evil Revelations themed content with further information about online events to be revealed closer to launch.

Capcom are Jokers.

Depending on price I might be tempted to double dip so. It all hangs on the price. (You should get a discount for having bought the 3DS game)

Did you get the 3DS game?

The price is supposed to be £40. Nice one, Capcom. :angry:

Yeah, I played the 3DS game but I was never a fan of the controls. I would much prefer to play it on a proper pad, which is where this version comes in. :D

The game was alright, nothing special and with me not having wireless ( Yup, still not sorted ) I couldn't be bothered to hook up my laptop and dongle to play online. Again, this version will make it much easier to hook up to the interwebs.

Why is me wanting to play on a console with achievements a bad thing?

It's not. If done well, it gives you extra challenges and encourages you to play the game in a different way.

Well as I don't own a 3DS I'll probably get this day one! I'm actually really looking forward to it, and I'm happy it's full retail as I prefer disks and boxes :)

Nowehere near enough new stuff to make me buy it again! Still need to play through 3DS raid mode, stick with that!

Man the 3DS really did a great job with this game!!...

Because if I didn't know better I'd probably think that was just a trailer from the original game, doesn't really look all that improved.

I know I certainly don't feel compelled to play through the game again, so not at all interested in this, but nice for those who haven't maybe... though it probably plays better and is cheaper on 3DS!

Really if the 360/PS3 are getting this... then as bad as the game is, the Wii U announcement should really have been RE6.

In fact a RE6/Revelations combo pack for £40 would have been decent.

Well that's one of the Nintendo Direct announcements ruined!

Glad to see that it's getting a Wii U version after all. It's the only platform where a port actually makes sense (since it's the only console that can properly replicate the controls)

Very good news :)

Man the 3DS really did a great job with this game!!...

Because if I didn't know better I'd probably think that was just a trailer from the original game, doesn't really look all that improved.

I know I certainly don't feel compelled to play through the game again, so not at all interested in this, but nice for those who haven't maybe... though it probably plays better and is cheaper on 3DS!

Really if the 360/PS3 are getting this... then as bad as the game is, the Wii U announcement should really have been RE6.

In fact a RE6/Revelations combo pack for £40 would have been decent.

So true! If Capcom can make the effort to port a game designed for 2 screens then they can give us RE6. It would also give an extra incentive to Wii U owners many of whom have the 3DS version already. That and it would be an olive branch to resentful Nintendo console owners.

I thought this would be a cheap downloadable port, but they're actually going to charge €50 for it? Sarcasm.gif