NEurope
Fused King

A Positive NINTENDO

That was quite simply awesome! ;p

Love how they kept it fast paced. So many references and epic music! Who was the death star commander supposed to be?

The times I've played Mario Party with my siblings/group of friends. That series has provided some classic moments for myself over the years. There's a reason why this franchise was getting yearly releases at one stage, there's really nothing quite like Mario Party in the Video game medium. People have tried (Hudson Soft also developed Sonic Shuffle) but they all seem to lack the Nintendo polish and characteristics that make it a great series to play with friends.

Overall Nintendo are probably the key reason why I'm still fully engaged with Video games. The 64 was the console that first got me interested in gaming and titles such as Skyward Sword and Xenoblade are the reasons why I returned to console gaming after a stint of playing WoW. They produce so many quality titles that really encapsulates the spirit of local multiplayer, something that most developers have moved away from since the rise of online gaming.

Yeah the song of storms was epic, what a tunes.

(That won't be her real violin then in all that rain.)

Michael Pachter:

"I think my “fondest” memory of Nintendo came during Super Mario Galaxy 1. I had played Nintendo games for over 20 years (including Donkey Kong in arcades), and although there were many Nintendo games I didn’t finish, the reason was largely frustration or boredom if I didn’t finish. The ones I did finish were fun, but until Super Mario Galaxy, I don’t think I ever felt compelled to not only finish the game, but to capture all of the big trophies in the game; in this case, it was the green stars. I remember getting to the end of the game, and having only two green stars. That caused me to go back to every level with a question mark and replay the level, and even then, although I knew which level contained the elusive star (I think it was the second star), I couldn’t complete the level without actually resorting to a walk-through guide.

It was that day that I realized the phenomenal level of detail Nintendo puts into its games, while keeping all of them approachable for a large audience. I had finished several before, but had never felt compelled to “cheat”, and although I had “cheated” before by using a walk through for games like GTA, I had never done so with a Nintendo game.

I write and speak a lot about Nintendo. Although I have been consistently critical of their hardware strategy, I have never criticized their games, and I don’t think I ever will."

@Hero\-of\-Time's mention of PunchOut Wii made me youtube the game, and I refound this quality trailer! :D

Compared to the music in Galaxy, 3D World wasn't quite as good... until this:

Good lord, possibly the best VG music I've heard in the last 10 years.

Gametrailers Pop Facts - Zelda's Magic Whilstle

I didn't realise or appreciate this same melody appeared in quite so many Zelda games!! especially the OOT intro!

Edited by Retro_Link

Gametrailers Pop Facts - Zelda's Magic Whilstle

I didn't realise or appreciate this same melody appeared in quite so many Zelda games!! especially the OOT intro!

I now have an intense urge to go and play Ocarina of Time.

I didn't know it had been sampled for WW and MC, but I noticed the other usages. It's one of those "Zelda-y" sounds, and I could swear I heard it in more games beyond LoZ, SMB3 and OoT.

I now have an intense urge to go and play Ocarina of Time.

Watch. Relax. Remember.

I will never, ever, forget that opening or that melody. Never. This game put the Legend into the name.

Watch. Relax. Remember.

I will never, ever, forget that opening or that melody. Never. This game put the Legend into the name.

cry-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1058.gif