NEurope
Fused King

A Positive NINTENDO

One of the best things Nintendo ever did was to own Rare. True story!

true...

i miss killerinstinct the best fighting game from nintendo and rare.

02316852-photo-cammie-dunaway.jpg

Whatever, i liked her

Oh man, I thought she was hilarious, couldn't believe all the hate she got. I think it was all meant to be tongue in cheek anyway, but I guess it shows what kind of an industry this is.

And Shibata is awesome.

Just one of the many awesome things hidden in the GameBoy Camera.

What a birthday!

Will Turnbow, a dedicated Zelda fan, and his wife made an absolutely amazing animated Skyward Sword cake for their daughter’s tenth birthday. The cake features Skyloft, the Sealed Grounds, the Faron Woods, as well as other elements from the Wii title.

“The Temple entrance is 6 batches of Rice Krispies and the backside of the temple is 9 cakes stacked as high as we could make it. The small tower on either side are styrofoam wrapped with fondant. My wife made and painted all of the characters out of clay except for Link (I was able to use my Figma Link).”

Wow, truly one awesome 'cake' and that's no lie! ;)

This may have been posted elsewhere, but I thought it fits in this thread.

I wouldn't have found that had it not been for Jimmy Fallon and uh... Selena Gomez (never heard of her before):

EDIT:

I was re-watching last years E3 and Miyamoto's entrance was just as amazing as I had originally thought. I don't know how to explain it but it left me with an awe-inspiring feeling.

This guy is special.

Edited by -Dem0-

Sweet thread.

- 4 Player WarioWare (Mega Party Game$) - especially Wobbly Bobbly, that shit cray

-

Toy Tower level with the dominoes, one of the most creative levels you could imagine, and the platforming kept to the promise of the title. Loved all of the secret puzzle rooms in this game. Great track:

Creepy boss designs:

warioland4_spoiledrotten_488.png

463611-warioland-4-game-boy-advance-screenshot-catbat-one-of-the.png

0.jpg

-

What could be more charming? A chance to revisit all of the levels and characters after your arduous quest, with music that reassures you the fun will never really be over. A sort of cute 4th wall break with Mario & Co. (i.e. the developers) congratulating and thanking you. A rotting tradition.

Also, brooding theme for Bowser's abstract levels, which were always the most exciting playgrounds.

Agreement with whoever mentioned the file music - good spot

-

Saria's infectious tune induces Goron fit

-

Talon IV - arriving to this luscious planet with the Overworld tune in the background: perfection

Samus' finest suit - the Phazon Suit

Phazon_Suit.jpg

/the whole game. Bar the Chozo Ghosts and having to panic your way through the room multiple times as they respawned when backtracking

-

The concepts/designs for the wrestling tournament/puni tree/twilight world/train level were all very unorthodox for Mario games. The franchise should diverge in this way more often. Also, Atomic Boo.

-

Awesome mission. Complete with inspiring opening dialogue exchange.

- Searching for balloons in Diddy Kong Racing's adventure mode and throwing the controller at this odious critter after he's shat one too-many water mines at you:

250px-BubblerDS.png

-

I concur with the chap who posted the Melee opening. However, of note in Brawl were these things:

After a crap story mode, the rad song + translation made up for it

This fmv ('The Great Invasion'). Not only visually awesome, but it shows Kirby, the tiny pink blob, single-handedly obliterating a gigaton ship/aircraft/cannon bastard-child. Olimar totters in late.

Edited by dwarf

Are you supposed to be able to see Yoshi on the roof at 0:12 (and at 4:40 too)!!?

I always thought it was meant to come about as a complete surprise upon getting 120 stars. I certainly never did!

Edited by Retro_Link

Yoshi's appearance in that vid might be explained by way of referencing the star colours. If you have not collected a star, it will remain yellow in the ending cinematic, likewise if you have collected it, it remains blue.

Was watching some SSBB videos and came across some taunt songs again.

This isn't a taunt song but is just an example of how Captain Falcons fight against each other.

Saw this on Gaf.

Wasn't sure where to post this, so I thought I'd return to this safe haven.

4BIbsyF.png

From Chapter 6 in Super Paper Mario :laughing:

This part of my favourite game of all time is pretty special to me:

(just make sure you hit stop after a minute and a half!).

Just beautifully put together.

Seeing it play out in the HD version after going through the whole game is sure to bring a lump to my throat, again.

@Ronnie

Thank you. Thank you for that :D

That's one thing I have noticed over the years of being a NINTENDO gamer and especially as of late: NINTENDO does godly things when it comes to their OSTs.

Even in games such as Paper Mario: Sticker Star (:laughing:) their music can almost save the game's suckiness.

I especially love this one:

and this one

But let's not turn this into 'best videogame music ever' thread.

@Ronnie

Thank you. Thank you for that :D

That's one thing I have noticed over the years of being a NINTENDO gamer and especially as of late: NINTENDO does godly things when it comes to their OSTs.

Even in games such as Paper Mario: Sticker Star (:laughing:) their music can almost save the game's suckiness.

I especially love this one:

and this one

But let's not turn this into 'best videogame music ever' thread.

Hell, even Pokémon Typing Adventure has epic music (though not strictly Nintendo)

Completely agree. The only exception, and a rather bizarre one at that, was Skyward Sword. It's a mystery how that game ended up with such bland, forgettable tracks IMO ::shrug:

Mario Galaxy however, wow. As if the game wasn't already a masterpiece without the unbelievable soundtrack!

Edited by Ronnie

Completely agree. The only exception, and a rather bizarre one at that, was Skyward Sword. It's a mystery how that game ended up with such bland, forgettable tracks IMO ::shrug:

Yeah, I forgot to add that to my post.

The Skyward Sword theme is absolutely genius, but there were only a handful of other tracks in Skyward Sword that remained in my head and were given the honour of me whistling them :laughing:

I thought I read somewhere that the OST was created by someone somewhat new to the industry.

Still, I thought the tracks were very fitting on the atmospheric level, it just lacked memorable tunes like Gerudo Valley, Overworld music from Spirit Tracks or every song in the WindWaker.

I was just sitting watching some of my fav Nintendo videos last night and forgot all about this one.

Fantastic.