NEurope
Cube

Xbox One Console Discussion

You Will Be Able To Trade Xbox One Games Online, Microsoft Says

Why make it more difficult?

Games are a tertiary concern, behind TV/Movies and internet

That's the feeling that I got. What happened to next-gen? Where's the innovation in game design?

We'll have to wait and see at E3. At this rate I won't be surprised if those 8 new IP's are Kinect titles.

We'll have to wait and see at E3. At this rate I won't be surprised if those 8 new IP's are Kinect titles.

Most likely that 4 of them are Uncharted or COD clones, while the other 4 are Kinect shovelware.

Hang on, Nintendo allow Wii games to be played on the U. But both Sony and Microsoft so far are not allowing this to occur with PS3 and 360 titles on their new consoles. I swear they are going backwards and forcing us to use the new stuff. Without backward compatibility equals no sale for me.

Hang on, Nintendo allow Wii games to be played on the U. But both Sony and Microsoft so far are not allowing this to occur with PS3 and 360 titles on their new consoles. I swear they are going backwards and forcing us to use the new stuff. Without backward compatibility equals no sale for me.

For all the crap people give Nintendo about their online systems, they're the only company who have allowed you to transfer your entire digital library to your future machines with a 100% flawless record.

Microsoft have now failed TWICE to do this and Sony only managed to partially do this with the Vita (which only plays a small selection of your PSP/PS1 games), while completely failing with the PS4. To those who laughed at people who chose to buy from Nintendo's online shops, who's laughing now? :laughing:

Apparently the power block is contained within the console.

Its not. Its big and external.

For all the crap people give Nintendo about their online systems, they're the only company who have allowed you to transfer your entire digital library to your future machines with a 100% flawless record.

Yeah bu bu bu but unified accounts before I buy eShop games, man!!

Its not. Its big and external.

According to Gamespot's stream after the Xbox1 unveiling they said that the power block is contained within the housing of the console. I know, I find it a strange decision if true but it wouldn't surprise me as you could fit an elephant in there.

For everyone saying the Xbox One plays VHS... That's rather offensive, don't you think? No need to insult such a respectable device like the VHS Player.

Lol, Microsoft, just... What.

yeah so far most of what I've heard about this console has been pretty bad.

According to Gamespot's stream after the Xbox1 unveiling they said that the power block is contained within the housing of the console. I know, I find it a strange decision if true but it wouldn't surprise me as you could fit an elephant in there.

Not according to the teardown pictures...

20130514-XBOX-ONE-TEARDOWN-015-660x440.jpg

20130514-XBOX-ONE-TEARDOWN-014-660x440.jpg

Not to mention that there is an image of the external power brick itself...

screenshot2013-05-21a79skj.png

So it looks like it is indeed external...

Alright, I was only going by what Gamespot said though that looks small and white?

BTW it has been confirmed that an internet connection is required for the console to function. It needs to be able to connect online once every 24 hours or the console will not work...

http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-does-require-internet-connection-cant-play-o-509164109

Kotaku: If I’m playing a single player game, do I have to be online at least once per hour or something like that? Or can I go weeks and weeks?

Harrison: I believe it’s 24 hours.

Kotaku: I’d have to connect online once every day.

Harrison: Correct.

So that's that...

3tpm9x.jpg

This Harrison dude is saying a lot of things he doesn't seem to be able to give a straight answer. I believe this I believe that. He should probably keep quiet and stop digging a big hole for himself.

ZUfiTxQ.png

It really seems like Microsoft expected the conference to be so good that nobody would notice the bad shit that followed

It's a shame, I have 44 games for my 360. I got good use out of it and was hoping Xbox One would continue that awesomeness

This has slipped under the old radar...

"Speaking to Polygon, Microsoft Studios corporate vice president Phil Spencer said “fans of Rare and Rare IP I think will be pleased with what we're going to show at E3. We had a limited amount of time today and a lot of story to tell. But Rare remains an incredibly important part of our development capability. That historic IP that they've built I think can play a real important role on Xbox One."

Oh, and indies can't self publish on the Xbox One like they can on the Wii U and PS4.

Wow Microsoft, it's like you had a list of things not to do for a console, but thought it was the list of what do

This has slipped under the old radar...

"Speaking to Polygon, Microsoft Studios corporate vice president Phil Spencer said “fans of Rare and Rare IP I think will be pleased with what we're going to show at E3. We had a limited amount of time today and a lot of story to tell. But Rare remains an incredibly important part of our development capability. That historic IP that they've built I think can play a real important role on Xbox One."

Would be nice, but much of Rare's talent left since MS got it

Yeah true, if its BK or PD would certainly peak my interest, but in my heart I know they are not what they once were. Still, can but dream :)

Wow, you can't replace the HDD. That truly is fucking shitty. Really hope it's not the same with the PS4.

Wow, you can't replace the HDD. That truly is fucking shitty. Really hope it's not the same with the PS4.

What the hell...

This is ridiculous

Microsoft PR in a "We don't know how specs actually work" scenario

Similarly, the company claimed that there was more than 200GB of bandwidth within the system. Again, the number had no context or clarification and if rumors are to be believed, it suggests some rather creative accounting: 68 GB main memory bandwidth, 102GB bandwidth to an embedded SRAM buffer for the GPU, and 30GB bandwidth between the CPU and GPU. While that does add up to 200GB, there are no two parts of the SoC that can communicate with each other at 200 GB/s. The fastest link is believed to be the GPU read performance, which can aggregate across the main memory and SRAM buffer for 170 GB total.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/05/microsoft-talks-about-xbox-ones-internals-while-disclosing-nothing/

Well it's just like the Wii U. You can use an external HDD. I just prefer less boxes under my TV.

Well it's just like the Wii U. You can use an external HDD. I just prefer less boxes under my TV.

Well, that's somewhat acceptable. However, considering they're using a SATA hard drive and not flash memory like Wii U, it doesn't seem acceptable

I really thought these reveals would put me in one corner or the other, but I'm starting to find myself doubting the entire generation. The Wii U is underpowered and gimmicky, the PS4 is centring around some share bullshit I don't care about and has stupid lights on the controller and the Xbox One... cares more about NFL than games.

The idea of trading online is nice, if it works out that way. The idea of controlling all my media through the Xbox is nice, if it works out that way. And it probably won't. The sport bullshit, I just could not care less about.

Strangely, the mainstream media are reacting very positively to this

Strangely, the mainstream media are reacting very positively to this

Considering it was geared towards the mainstream i'm not surprised.

The fallout from this conference has been amazing. It will probably take me a week to get through all the gifs in the various threads on gaf. :D