NEurope
Cube

Xbox One Console Discussion

This is just one big clusterfuck. If the presentation wasn't bad enough, the stuff coming after is just bad

Surely it would mean that the Kinect is bundled with every console then?

It is. However, my room is barely big enough for Kinect to be functional, and many players have a smaller room, so...

nothing - not even Banjo-Kazooie, Blast Corps, Jet Force Gemini and Perfect Dark - would convince me to get the console.

Christ, putting any of them on that brick would be like an American insulting our Queen.

I think toying with apps and menus while watching films or dramas is actually disrespectful to the people creating them. Not appealing in the slightest.

What's the crack with used games on PS4?

Totally agree. If I'm watching Star Trek, I'm watching fucking Star Trek, not Googling about Into Darkness. If I want to know something about Into Darkness I'll Google it fucking after the movie.

I can imagine this tosser rocked up in the cinema, watching Into Darkness, on his phone (Nokia Windows phone), typing "Star Trek 3" into Bing.

Prick.

I'm assuming that once the game is installed on the 2nd box that the original user is locked out from playing.

It is. However, my room is barely big enough for Kinect to be functional, and many players have a smaller room, so...

Plus it's on when the console is "off", which is beyond creepy.

Kinect will always be watching you Cube.. Yes, even then. :shakehead

Well I hate Microsoft so I for one am delighted with that conference.

Should have called it XBox 1984...

I think we can safely assume from the box/Kinect size that MS have resigned themselves to never capturing the Eastern market.

Surely it would mean that the Kinect is bundled with every console then?

Yep they confirmed that during the conference.

I genuinely worry about the future of this industry after reading up on some of the things that Microsoft are pushing. I don't like how they're pushing Kinect, and I've bought a lot of second hand games this generation...don't particularly like the sound of these changes.

Wasn't going to get the next Xbox anyway, but this further cements my decision not to do so. Can't believe my facebook feed is full of people praising Microsoft for what they've just seen. :blank:

The crash is coming, this "next generation" of video game consoles seem to be too big of a push in the wrong direction.

I really hope people think twice about buying this stuff. I'm pretty confident Sony have given into the pressure of the likes of EA with the used game fees etc, so I'm expecting the same crap on PS4.

I genuinely worry about the future of this industry after reading up on some of the things that Microsoft are pushing. I don't like how they're pushing Kinect, and I've bought a lot of second hand games this generation...don't particularly like the sound of these changes.

Wasn't going to get the next Xbox anyway, but this further cements my decision not to do so. Can't believe my facebook feed is full of people praising Microsoft for what they've just seen. :blank:

What? Really?? Who on earth can praise this

I'd be fucked off if Microsoft's policy on used games tempts third-party publishers to adopt the same policy for used multiplatform PS4 games.

I can see why the Ouya might gain some cult backing now.

Adam SesslerVerified account‏@AdamSessler

The cheering in the audience is not coming from the press...

Oh god

What? Really?? Who on earth can praise this

Microsoft.

Yeah, that cheering was canned. It cut off bluntly at one point.

This smells like the 3DO all over again...

Well I hate Microsoft so I for one am delighted with that conference.

I wasn't happy. I thought this was a next-gen console. Where's the innovation in games design? scratch that, why not show some games?

They spent the majority of time on entertainment and hardly anything on what really matters. Video games.

Oh god

It was obvious. I said it a few times in the chat sounded like cheerleaders.

You mean to tell me I couldn't take my copy of COD: Ghosts to a mates house and play it with him unless he paid for it in some sort of half baked money making scheme? Utter guff!

"fancy a game of FIFA tonight?"

"yeah cool, though I've got to stay in so can bring it to mine if you like?"

"yeah no worries mate will be there in 30 minutes, by the way get your debit card ready as you'll have to pay £5 to use it on your console..."

"What? But we usually play it at yours? Can't we just play it for once at mine tonight?"

"yeah, but only if you pay £5 for it on your console to unlock it."

"I HATE YOU!"

Did they say 15 exclusive titles in first year with 8 new IP's?

Did they say 15 exclusive titles in first year with 8 new IP's?

That's what they said.

Oh god

I was thinking, what sad, sad, sad man is wooping and hollering to this crap... I actually gave MS credit it wouldn't be stooges.

Everyone probably knows the live demo was some guy backstage pressing buttons, right?

Notice his really obvious gestures when he was pretending to use his phone as a control.

Well I guess the days of my dad and I borrowing each others games are over for Xbox consoles.

Edited by bryanee