NEurope
Cube

Xbox One Console Discussion

Disappointed with the direction they've chosen to go down.

CODthe multiplatform game was the best bit about that,

how will the tv integration work HDMI in is fine, but surely content provider support will be required globally, and look how thats worked in the past....

and all the sports.... i'm surprised beer pong pro wasn't a launch game, its more casual than the wii but with HD graphics

I'm not sure where I stand now. To be honest I love the ideas they showed off at first, the name is neither here nor there and the controller looks fine, from there on it just kinda fell flat. Ghosts actually looks really great but is not a deciding factor in any way.

I think I expected to come away from this either really excited or certain that I'd be getting a PS4 instead, but actually they don't seem to have much to show for us gamers. If you love NFL (and let's face it, a heck of a lot of people do) I bet that was amazing but for us game-focused types.... Bring on E3, I guess.

I'd have liked to have seen some more games but as far as the console itself, it's looking to be a great machine! Looking forward to E3 and seeing the games!

For the games why bother with COD and Fifa so much? Who in the world uses these games to show off new hardware?

What was interesting was the lack of tech specs and over use of buzzwords. For all the use of cloud etc. there was actually nothing really cloud based. I suppose everything online is now cloud...

In my head all I can hear is Tim Gudgin (guy who's famous for the football scores) saying, "Xbox 1 - Playstation 4".

That was so aimed at America, it was painful.

The Xbox ONE actually makes me less enthusiastic for the whole next-gen.

That was seriously boring. The console is ugly as hell, no gameplay was shown with more announcements for PS4 games than Xbox exclusives.

And my only thought on all the OS features: "Can I turn that function off?".

They just said on the Gamespot stream that it's confirmed to have no backwards compatibility

I'm not sure where I stand now. To be honest I love the ideas they showed off at first, the name is neither here nor there and the controller looks fine, from there on it just kinda fell flat. Ghosts actually looks really great but is not a deciding factor in any way.

I think I expected to come away from this either really excited or certain that I'd be getting a PS4 instead, but actually they don't seem to have much to show for us gamers. If you love NFL (and let's face it, a heck of a lot of people do) I bet that was amazing but for us game-focused types.... Bring on E3, I guess.

Definitely feeling the same way. E3 is the chance for Sony or Microsoft to sway me.

I'm not fussed about the TV bollocks. I want Xbox Live, but was hoping they'd move to a free service. At the end of the day it's about the games, Microsoft didn't really show much in that department.

Details on the cable box work around:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/21/4349160/xbox-one-hdmi-pass-direct-connect

Xbox One, Microsoft's newly unveiled next-gen console, will feature pass-through HDMI that can connect a cable box, satellite or similar items directly to the system, Wired reports.

The signal is passed through the HDMI-port to the users

HDMI capabilities were introduced in 2003. The Xbox 360 was the first generation to use HDMI cables, which provide higher quality video and audio. Current systems include both an HDMI and component cable, which less modern TVs are typically outfitted with.

The PlayStation 4 will include HDMI, Analog AV-out and Digital Output (optical) options, according to specs unveiled during Sony's event earlier this year. The Wii U also has both an HDMI and component cable.

Developing...

Also Geoff Keighley questioned Don afterwards and no always on internet confirmed. Now he is at microsoft with kinect.

This was utterly disappointing. The Wii U launch lineup seems tremendous if you compare them.

And I'm not going to drop this: she stated it's a water cooler. And I know it was a metaphor, but from where I'm standing, the appeal of the two machines is quite equal.

They just said on the Gamespot stream that it's confirmed to have no backwards compatibility

HA oh boy thats terrible

Wasn't the original Xbox retroactively monikered Xbox 1 by the fans?

Dumbest name since...I don't know, the Wii U?

I recommend Conker's live twitter comments lol. Hilarious. https://mobile.twitter.com/conkerhimself?p=s

i'm still laughing at this one

Jake Walker @WarpstarCardia 16m

@Emi1yRogers The whole time I was watching this reveal, I was just thinking "You do plan on having dinosaurs on your dinosaur tour, yes?"

HA oh boy thats terrible

Yep it's confirmed. Being reported all over.

Hate the controller....the ouya one looked like a knock off of the 360 controller now this looks like a knock off of that.

The key question is: are the exclusives Kinect-focused?

The conference was complete wank, the strategy they're taking was to be expected though. Makes it easier to choose the PS4 I suppose.

On Gamespot they say that in the last hour Sony's stock share price has gone up $1.50 in the last hour. I wonder what Nintendo's stock is doing? That's how interesting the conference was.

You can pay for Used Games to be played though

Microsoft did say that if a disc was used with a second account, that owner would be given the option to pay a fee and install the game from the disc, which would then mean that the new account would also own the game and could play it without the disc.

I wasn't expecting much but somehow it was still underwhelming.

At least the controller looks a bit better...

I thought the name is terrible and its an ugly looking console. Looks like a VCR.

The conference was what I expected. Full of filler bullshit, information I didnt care about and deals that will never appear outside the US.