NEurope
Cube

Xbox One Console Discussion

48 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Well, I ended up starting it, getting 100% of the clovers and then finishing the game in a single sitting. It's was quite fun. Seeing as I can't get the capture on the Xbox to work properly, I took a quick snap myself. :p 

EDU8hVTU4AAyOpM?format=jpg&name=large

I assume the rest of the clovers are from the DLC?

As I said, it was fun but the loading times really tested my patience. I'm quite baffled why they were so long. The game isn't really doing anything fancy to be pushing the system. I guess it's just poorly optimized? Also, I was surprised how short the game was. I'm glad I didn't buy it considering the length of it.

As for the achievements, I don't really go after them anymore. I only concentrate on either trophies or achievements not both. Plus, I really dislike the achievement system now. For example, this game has a score of 2000/2000 but just looking at the list I had no idea what were the normal achievements and what were the DLC. On the PlayStation they at least separate them out.

It is a very short game. 

And makes sense re achievements. Been a while since I've played anything on Xbox so wouldn't know how it works now. Another example though of how backward the Xbox UI has become in that the DLC cheevos are not separated. 

I got the e-mail for that XO19 event, forgot about it though so thanks for the reminder. :D

I've just realised, it's on this Thursday at 8PM... guess I'll have it on in the background while playing Mario Kart and Smash then. :p

They'd have to show something pretty special to divert my attention though.

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I see a bunch of stuff from tomorrow's show has already been leaked/teased by people in the know. :nono:

Well... at least we know it will be worth watching now at least. :p

I heard of two things which will be announced at this X019 event, no titles were given and I won't say any more than that but I'm interested.

I hate this stream. Everyone is just so fake over excited. That and I feel like I've already been told at least 100 times that they're in London.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I hate this stream. Everyone is just so fake over excited. That and I feel like I've already been told at least 100 times that they're in London.

Welcome to Inside Xbox. It's an absolutely awful format. Very American.

Rare's game looks pretty. Not sure what type of game it is as the trailer have nothing away.

A new Dontnod game in conjunction with Xbox Game Studios, titles Tell Me Why. I'm a big fan of Dontnod's output so a new title from them is always a plus from me.

What I'm more curious about is whether this is part of the rumour behind Dontnod becoming part of XGS. Maybe this was the basis of it rather than being acquired. Or maybe that's an announcement still to come (along with a possible Asobo announcement as well). We'll see.

10 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I've stopped watching anyway, I'll just watch the trailers later.

Just as well. The teleprompter clearly cocked up and the woman on stage didn't know what to say and was struggling to continue. Then they announced DualShock 4 compatability for Xcloud and the crowd all booed. Difficult to watch. :nono:

Still, they have announced Yakuza 0, 1 and 2 is coming to GamePass early next year. So that's something at least.

All the Final Fantasy games that have been released on the Xbox are getting dumped on to Game Pass early next year. 

Also, Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 are finally hitting the console next year. 

Also coming to Game Pass are big games like Darksiders 3, The Witcher 3, Halo Reach, Rage 2, Streets of Rage 4 and a hell of a lot of indies.

For those invested in the service, there's a hell of a lot of games on the horizon for them to enjoy.

I've had this on in the background but I haven't really been paying much attention to it.

I get the impression that they want everyone to have Game Pass though... just a hunch. ;)

The new IP from Rare has potential but it just further cements that they aren't the same company they once were but there's clearly still a lot of talent there but I'm not sure if they're going in the direction I would have thought they'd be going in.

Yakuza on Xbox is good... I have nearly all of them on PS4 though, playing them on Xbox would feel odd... to me anyway but if it lets more people play the games then that's obviously great.

I'm not bothered about playing Xbox games on other devices or Game Pass but I get this is what they are pushing for and it lets more people play more games so it's good I suppose... but I don't see that many physical Xbox One games being sold in the future.

I was hoping for maybe a solid date for Phantasy Star Online 2 but thery'e wrapping up now so I guess we'll hear more next year.

Edited by S.C.G

3 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

I've had this on in the background but I haven't really been paying much attention to it.

I get the impression that they want everyone to have Game Pass though... just a hunch. ;)

The new IP from Rare has potential but it just further cements that they aren't the same company they once were but there's clearly still a lot of talent there but I'm not sure if they're going in the direction I would have thought they'd be going in.

Yakuza on Xbox is good... I have nearly all of them on PS4 though, playing them on Xbox would feel odd... to me anyway but if it lets more people play the games then that's obviously great.

I'm not bothered about playing Xbox games on other devices or Game Pass but I get this is what they are pushing for and it lets more people play more games so it's good I suppose... but I don't see that many physical Xbox One games being sold in the future.

I echo your thoughts about Rare and it's something I also feel about Microsoft/Xbox as a whole. The brand just doesn't resonate with me anymore and I can't see me investing in their next console. Like you, I prefer ownership of my games so the Game Pass, while nice, just isn't for me and that's where the priorities clearly are for the company.

• Thanks 1

On 14/11/2019 at 9:30 PM, S.C.G said:

I was hoping for maybe a solid date for Phantasy Star Online 2 but thery'e wrapping up now so I guess we'll hear more next year.

They've gone quiet again which makes me nervous, they still haven't confirmed its coming outside of the US.

• Thanks 1

Stepped into the future today and got an email saying I could try the Xbox game streaming beta, I'm sure not at all times to coincide with the launch of Stadia...

I'm running off an original Google Pixel XL so my phone is a good four years out of date, and yet, somehow, miraculously, it all works!

It wasn't perfect, but I tried Ori, Sea of Thieves and Gears 5, and they all worked with varying stability, Gears you could literally see continually rendering, but the input was great (just used my Xbox controller) and once I switched to 4G it was alot more stable and clear.

I was tempted by Stadia when it was announced as I'm a bit of a Google fan, but no new games and it not being the Netflix type system I thought it was put me off abit. With Xbox and PlayStation both using this system, the future is here! R.I.P the Switch 😛

• Haha 2

Load of Xbox One deals coming up at the moment and planned for tomorrow morning. Tempted to order one cheap in the morning to leave downstairs as a uhd player and just leave it subscribed to gamepass.

I did end up getting a cheap S for downstairs. Got the Jedi Fallen Order bundle with Fallout 4 and Wreckfest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Picked up a One X today as had Christmas money burning a hole and have had my eye on picking one up again to play Forza, Quantum Break, State of Decay 2, Ori and the sequel coming in March, RE 2 again, Gears 5 and Halo. 

With nothing but TLOU 2 on the horizon for PS4 that interests me, and the Switch looking even bleaker, seemed like a good time. 

3 months of Game Pass Ultimate for £1 is crazy. Considering you get Gold too! 

Avatar creator is brilliant - come along way since the last time I created one. 

Managed to sign up to be an Insider and have just been prompted with the new update for the new dashboard. Heard good things about it. Supposedly meant to be amended with users feedback in mind, so more friendly to navigate rather than the mess it was before. 

It's updating now so will see how it treats me. 

Literally just seen this on reddit. She's so happy :D Made my day.

Should've gone with a better different game, though... :p 

Two more cracking games added to Game Pass. Both A Plague Tale and Indivisible are well worth playing.