NEurope
Cube

Xbox One Console Discussion

1 minute ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Imagine the roundabouts. 

They'll confuse the American players for sure.

Just now, Fierce_LiNk said:

The Easy Allies reaction to that was hilarious. 

Can't wait to see it. I imagine Brad, Ben and Huber went nuts. :D 

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

Can't wait to see it. I imagine Brad, Ben and Huber went nuts. :D 

Had to turn the volume down on the tv as they just lost it. :D

Had to turn the volume down on the tv as they just lost it. :D

Dont even know why either. It was a CGI trailer and not even the first Shonen Jump crossover game. They havent exactly been brilliant before.

Dying Light 2 looks awesome.

Still have to play the first one but I have to import it...quite expensive to do. :(

Edited by drahkon

Just now, Happenstance said:

Dont even know why either. It was a CGI trailer and not even the first Shonen Jump crossover game. They havent exactly been brilliant before.

Yeah, I didn't quite get it as I don't follow anime. But, they loved it. :D

Just now, drahkon said:

Still have to play the first one but I have to import it...still quite expensive to do. :(

Same, not played it either. I keep getting tempted as it looks exactly like my sort of thing. Pretty sure it can be bought on PSN for cheap by now.

1 minute ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Same, not played it either. I keep getting tempted as it looks exactly like my sort of thing. Pretty sure it can be bought on PSN for cheap by now.

Not in Germany. It's banned here...

3 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Not in Germany. It's banned here...

Wtf? Why?!

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Battletoads but no footage. :( There's your classic revival @Fierce_LiNk

*ticks off checklist*

1 minute ago, drahkon said:

Gears Pop?

A mobile game?

lol

I died a little inside. Luckily Gears 5 is here to save the day.

Wtf? Why?!

Childzombies and the brutality were the reasons.

Germany sucks sometimes.

Cyberpunk 2077!!! Hell yes! That trailer looked incredible. That world, the detail... oh man that's going to be an excruciating wait for that game.

Just now, drahkon said:

So, @Fierce_LiNk do you need new pants after that Cyberpunk trailer? :D

Not quite. :D

Loved the look of what I saw, but I want more. Details. Detaiiiiiils. How many years do we have to wait before we can play it? :p 

I'm genuinely surprised Splinter Cell didn't show up. 

Great conference but once again they've not given any reason as to why you should pick up a Xbox over any other platform. There was plenty of content on show tonight but most of the big hitters are appearing on PC and other consoles. The Kaz tweet was spot on.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It's a strange one because I enjoyed the conference a lot, but I'm now probably even more unlikely to pick up an Xbox. Why do that when most of the games that I want will end up on another system (PS4) anyway? 

44 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Should be as it wasn't mentioned as a console exclusive and it seems to based on the PS3 Japan exclusive version rather than the 360 one we got in the west.

Pinch of salt, but Namco Bandai Brasil might have announced the consoles early.

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:fjJrYv8T5g8J:https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoBR/status/1005917431137820672+&cd=1&hl=en

Thought that was a bit naff, to be honest; I feel like MS don't understand what many gamers want to see at their E3 conferences.

Division 2 show off was very nice, and a few bits here and there, but it was alot of infrastructure building; we've bought these studios, we are making game pass fast load, Microsoft AI, working on a new console etc etc.

Game pass could be an absolute killer app for them, especially if it continues over into the XTwo, once they get more first party games out of the gates .

As it is that was fairly underwhelming for me.

Interesting they decided to give the slight tease of their next console. The new first party studios will no doubt be working towards that and I suspect that Halo Infinite is also going next gen with the change of engine. Hopefully means that they'll be doubling down in new IPs for their next console.

As others have said, it was a fantastic show for games but there was little first party that stood out. But Microsoft are clearly positioning themselves for next gen already so perhaps they want to be able to jump out that gates with a good hand, especially with their console streaming and AI stuff too.

Metro Exodus and Cyberpunk 2077 were the stand outs for me. Both look incredible. Weird there was no Assassin's Creed Odyssey and no Splinter Cell announcement but maybe Ubisoft want to announce those themselves.

Edit: as said earlier, February 22nd is looking to be a busy day for gamers. Anthem, Days Gone and now Metro Exodus. It'll be interesting to see who moves from that date.

Edited by Ganepark32

38 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Still have to play the first one but I have to import it...quite expensive to do. :(

It probably wouldn't cost too much if someone in the UK bought it for you and posted it? Depending on shipping costs of course (and depending on what you deem to be expensive I guess). I wouldn't mind doing it if you really wanted the game. :)

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Eenuh said:

It probably wouldn't cost too much if someone in the UK bought it for you and posted it? Depending on shipping costs of course (and depending on what you deem to be expensive I guess). I wouldn't mind doing it if you really wanted the game. :)

Thanks. I might take you up on that when Christmas comes. :peace:

I've bought too many games recently. Can't afford any more right now.

It was a good conference. I'm looking forward to playing most of the games on my PS4 :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2