NEurope
Cube

Xbox One Console Discussion

I've been fairly happy to not consider getting an X, but some of these upgrades are amazing! And I've been putting alot of time into The Division again lately which has just had X enhancements too...the temptation is real!

Just in case anyone is wondering, Panzer Dragoon Orta already looks almost as good as that on an original Xbox One, sure I can pick out some slight finer detail but after playing it last night for a good three hours I was just amazed to see the game running again, at all, let alone at the amazingly stable framerate and with a lot more detail than before. :D

39 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

Just in case anyone is wondering, Panzer Dragoon Orta already looks almost as good as that on an original Xbox One, sure I can pick out some slight finer detail but after playing it last night for a good three hours I was just amazed to see the game running again, at all, let alone at the amazingly stable framerate and with a lot more detail than before. :D

Are they on game pass do you know or just back compat?

3 minutes ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

Are they on game pass do you know or just back compat?

They aren't on Game Pass. You have to either buy the digital version or have the original disc.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

They aren't on Game Pass. You have to either buy the digital version or have the original disc.

I was eyeying up Splinter Cell Conviction last night; I'll have a look in town tomorrow for some of these on disc at a cheaper price, if not I reckon I might pick up Panzer at least!

4 hours ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

I was eyeying up Splinter Cell Conviction last night; I'll have a look in town tomorrow for some of these on disc at a cheaper price, if not I reckon I might pick up Panzer at least!

Definitely pick up a copy of Panzer Dragoon Orta before it rockets in value...

*searches on eBay*

... :blank: £30+? Less than 10 copies for sale?

Nevermind, that digital price doesn't seem too bad afterall.

11 hours ago, S.C.G said:

*searches on eBay*

Just tried to see the price of Panzer and Conker; firstly they didn't show up on the backwards compatibility page on the dashboard, and then when I searched and found them and tried to look at the price, it kept saying error and booted me straight out! 

Hopefully I'll be able to pick Panzer up soon, I'm not going to shout this too loudly but it's a game I always looked at fondly...but never actually played, so this will be a great chance to do so!

43 minutes ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

Just tried to see the price of Panzer and Conker; firstly they didn't show up on the backwards compatibility page on the dashboard, and then when I searched and found them and tried to look at the price, it kept saying error and booted me straight out! 

Hopefully I'll be able to pick Panzer up soon, I'm not going to shout this too loudly but it's a game I always looked at fondly...but never actually played, so this will be a great chance to do so!

I think they are £8.99 each.

You're picking the best Panzer Dragoon game ( at least in terms of the on rail shooters ) to play. I hope you enjoy it. Plus, you get the original game with it as an unlockable. Bonus! 

12 hours ago, S.C.G said:

*searches on eBay*

You should have seen it the day it got announced. No kidding there were a bunch of copies on sale early Tuesday morning but once the news filtered down that it was backwards compatible there was only 1 left at lunch time. :D  I imagine the price will start coming down pretty fast once the novelty has worn off. Both Conker and Orta usually got for about £20 so this announcement has definitely had an effect on the prices on eBay.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just picked up a steel case edition of Splinter Cell Conviction for £3... annoyingly both Double Agent and Blacklist are £2 each, and better games, but neither is back compat.

Unsurprisingly no Panzer, so I'll get that digitally when my Xbox wants my money :D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

Just picked up a steel case edition of Splinter Cell Conviction for £3... annoyingly both Double Agent and Blacklist are £2 each, and better games, but neither is back compat.

I wouldn't be surprised if the original Splinter Cell trilogy and the rest of 360 games get announced as backwards compatible at E3. Ubisoft are heavily hinting at Sam Fishers return and there was another rumour going around that Microsoft would have the marketing deal for it. What better way to celebrate the return of the franchise than allowing you to play the old games. The original game was something very special at the time. The other console versions that were eventually released just didn't match up to the original Xbox version of the game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I picked up the original Splinter Cell trilogy of games for the original Xbox in a lot of games, I'll be very happy if I can play these on my Xbox One. :D

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the original Splinter Cell trilogy and the rest of 360 games get announced as backwards compatible at E3. Ubisoft are heavily hinting at Sam Fishers return and there was another rumour going around that Microsoft would have the marketing deal for it. What better way to celebrate the return of the franchise than allowing you to play the old games. The original game was something very special at the time. The other console versions that were eventually released just didn't match up to the original Xbox version of the game. 

Agreed, think something Splinter Cell is in bound and hopefully that'll bring all the older games back into play as well.

I loved Blacklist, don't think it's sales were particularly great (or maybe that idea in my head is Wii U specific... shocker) so having a few years between entities to keep it exciting is fine by me!

15 minutes ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

Agreed, think something Splinter Cell is in bound and hopefully that'll bring all the older games back into play as well.

I loved Blacklist, don't think it's sales were particularly great (or maybe that idea in my head is Wii U specific... shocker) so having a few years between entities to keep it exciting is fine by me!

I enjoyed both Conviction and Blacklist, both of which get given a hard time by hardcore SC fans. Given how Ubisoft have been killing it lately, I would love to see how they handle a modern day SC game. 

I'll be interested to see if anymore sales numbers come out now that these extra backwards compatible games are available. Apparently the One X sold really well at launch but then went down quite a bit, which is why there have been more deals and bundles around recently.

35 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I enjoyed both Conviction and Blacklist, both of which get given a hard time by hardcore SC fans. Given how Ubisoft have been killing it lately, I would love to see how they handle a modern day SC game. 

Going deep into the Division has whetted my appetite for Splinter Cell definitely, some of the legendary missions on Division are very, very tough.

Question is though, would you want them to go open world with SC like they are doing with most of their games, or keep it quite a tight and linear ish experience like they have been so far? As much as I'd love to see them take Sam Fisher into an open world, I'd be very happy with the familiar mission lay out myself.

5 minutes ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

Going deep into the Division has whetted my appetite for Splinter Cell definitely, some of the legendary missions on Division are very, very tough.

Question is though, would you want them to go open world with SC like they are doing with most of their games, or keep it quite a tight and linear ish experience like they have been so far? As much as I'd love to see them take Sam Fisher into an open world, I'd be very happy with the familiar mission lay out myself.

I would prefer the mission layout but I imagine Ubisoft will make it open world in some way.

They need to keep Splinter Cell at least semi tight and linear. Maybe adopt a more Hitman esque structure where you can have a lot of different options on handling a situation. 

I think the Open World aspect could work ala MGSV, but I also find MGSV to be an overall weaker game of the series (for a lot of reasons but the world didn’t help). 

There’s also the fact that Ubiopenworld games are so damn formulaic. I’d feel like I was playing assassins-dogs-cry cell starring Sam Fisher. 

51 minutes ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

I'm pretty sure the last Ubisoft game I got was Zombi U back near the beginning of the Wii U's life!

Pandora Tomorrow on Gamecube is the most 'recent' Splinter Cell I've played so I have no idea how the franchise currently stands but the obsession with making everything open world needs to stop. I can't even bring myself to play Metal Gear Solid V because of the open nature of it and just how long it apparently is :hmm:

For me, more linearity can provide a much greater focus and a more fine-tuned experience as the developers can perfectly lay out interesting scenarios for the player to figure out rather than having to try to account for countless different outcomes and strategies.

Obviously I can see the merit in giving the player huge amounts of freedom but not every game needs to have it. 

Edited by nekunando
  • Like 1

I'd love to see a mix up using a similar style to Double Agent, which is my absolute favourite of the series.

You could have the open world as the hub almost, like (on a very smaller scale) in Double Agent when you were in the terrorists HQ and in between missions you could just bomb around, explore it and find dossiers and listen in to conversations as well to gain more evidence.

And then, when you unlocked the missions, you'd then have a more linear, goal oriented game play style that was more traditional SC.

Man I loved Double Agent! 

I got Conker and I’m loving it! I had a really hard time with the controls on Rare Replay and given the compression the audio was also dreadful. It’s amazingly fluid playing the Xbox remake, certain areas are much easier/more obvious what needs to be done and damn, them graphics! It looks like a 360 game. Just how powerful was the original Xbox?? 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Heads up to @Josh64, @Kaepora_Gaebora and @Aneres11 as it appears more Super Lucky's Tale DLC got released last night.

Sweet cheers! 

I never did finish the last lot of DLC. 

Gives me a reason to revisit it again anyway. :)

Yes!! I love this game. Hopefully I'll get the 30,000 coin achievement when going through this one haha

Cancelled my game pass subscription with MGSV coming out this month on Gold; that'll keep me entertained and hopefully drag me away from The Division once the GE has finished, so I'll have to wait until I'm back on the get to play this, or if Lucky is in a sale I'll be tempted to pick it up out right :)

Edited by Kaepora_Gaebora