NEurope
Cube

Xbox One Console Discussion

Jesus...the first experience I had with Xbox Live was Halo 3 on the 360 10 years ago...so many great moments with my mates back then.

Oh boy...I'm getting old :D

2 hours ago, drahkon said:

Jesus...the first experience I had with Xbox Live was Halo 3 on the 360 10 years ago...so many great moments with my mates back then.

Oh boy...I'm getting old :D

It's still the GOAT Halo game. Amazing multiplayer and one of the best co-op campaigns ever created.

The reveal trailer is one of my favourite ever gaming trailers. I remember having it saved on my 360 and watching it all the time.

• Thanks 2

Alternative opinion, ODST for goat. 

It was a side story so it doesn’t really count, but I much enjoyed its campaign and spent many hours doing firefight. Closest game I’ve ever got to 1000/1000 on Achievements. 990 only missed one firefight. 

Second closest Modern Warfare, fuck Mile High Club. 

Spent some time with my X now and quite enjoying it. 

The dashboard since the update is much improved. What is nice is never actually having to leave a game to do, well, anything. That’s welcome. 

I used a memory stick to upload some images so I could customise my background. Looks loads better now and I like that transparency options are there along with the light theme.

I have a 4K OLED TV hence what pushed me to get an X, and I’m glad I did. I can really tell the difference with games like Forza. It looks amazing. 

Picked up that and Assasins Creed Origins, Sonic Forces and Super Lucky’s Tale. 

Lucky nowhere near as poor as reviews would have you believe. The camera that everyone complains about hasn’t been anywhere near as troublesome as I expected. It’s a cutesy game, very much aimed at youngsters it would seem but as a fan of these kind of platformers I’m getting some enjoyment. 

So far so good. Just hope Microsoft don’t go and change the dashboard for the worst again. Fully expecting it to happen though. 

• Like 2

Interestingly Jim Sterling was actually sent a One X by Microsoft (along with codes for Lucky, Recore, Gears 4, and Quantum Break) he did a Jimpressions on Super Luckys Tale and the One X combined.

He says the game is okay and enjoyable and that the X is a impressive package. But just that he is unimpressed as of yet simply because he’s already been doing 4k and the PS4 pro. He does defend Lucky being the premier game however because he thinks the wide color palette is the best way to showcase the enhanced abilities more so than the other games he was given (and has already reviewed.)

10 hours ago, Nolan said:

Interestingly Jim Sterling was actually sent a One X by Microsoft (along with codes for Lucky, Recore, Gears 4, and Quantum Break) he did a Jimpressions on Super Luckys Tale and the One X combined.

He says the game is okay and enjoyable and that the X is a impressive package. But just that he is unimpressed as of yet simply because he’s already been doing 4k and the PS4 pro. He does defend Lucky being the premier game however because he thinks the wide color palette is the best way to showcase the enhanced abilities more so than the other games he was given (and has already reviewed.)

That's interesting. 

Forza 7 has blown everything out the water for me in terms of visuals. It just makes my jaw hit the floor sometimes with some tracks. 

Having said that, I was playing Odyssey for a bit yesterday and then put Lucky on last night for a bit of easy gaming and I was really impressed at how it looked. It looks basic, but the colours and wide palette as you say are gorgeous. 

It isn't half bad either I'm actually enjoying playing through it! 

57 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

That's interesting. 

Forza 7 has blown everything out the water for me in terms of visuals. It just makes my jaw hit the floor sometimes with some tracks. 

Having said that, I was playing Odyssey for a bit yesterday and then put Lucky on last night for a bit of easy gaming and I was really impressed at how it looked. It looks basic, but the colours and wide palette as you say are gorgeous. 

It isn't half bad either I'm actually enjoying playing through it! 

I'm glad to see there's another Lucky fan! I've been really enjoying it this past week. Haven't finished yet cause I'm collecting everything in all the levels hoping for 100%! I have no idea how people would have problems with the camera, the way the levels are designed you barely have to change it, and if you do then it clicks into place anyway.

How if Forza 6? Not sure if I should get that cheap when I'm done with 5 or just make the jump straight to 7.

1 hour ago, Josh64 said:

I'm glad to see there's another Lucky fan! I've been really enjoying it this past week. Haven't finished yet cause I'm collecting everything in all the levels hoping for 100%! I have no idea how people would have problems with the camera, the way the levels are designed you barely have to change it, and if you do then it clicks into place anyway.

How if Forza 6? Not sure if I should get that cheap when I'm done with 5 or just make the jump straight to 7.

I never played Forza 6. Well, I briefly played a mates when the One came out and liked it but didn’t buy it. It pushed me to buy Horizon though and I’ve played the last two of them and loved them. 

Yeah Lucky is pretty good! I will go back for all the collectibles I’m not going out of my way to find them on my first play through. But I will definitely want the 1000g! 

My Design Lab controller arrived today. 

Had a quick peak before it's wrapped up for Christmas. 

I love it! 

It's so... yellow. :D

5CIdtxi.jpg

ZLr9U9C.jpg

bB0z7vS.jpg

GXEmQzt.jpg

iqFQR99.jpg

• Like 4

Played more of Lucky's Tale last night and turned it on just now to get some more done on it. 

6.5GB update required. 

Y tho. 

I am speechless. I've googled it and I can't see a reason for the update. It was working perfectly fine so I'm not sure what this update is supposed to achieve. 

And I still have no internet, so I am tethering my phone to my X to update it. Thankfully I get 50GB of mobile data, but it is the slowest experience ever. 

Might go my mum's to leach off her internet and install LA Noire on Switch. :laughing:

Apparently my internet is imminent (not sure I believe) so this won't be as much of a problem soon...

On ‎21‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 6:20 PM, Aneres11 said:

My Design Lab controller arrived today. 

Had a quick peak before it's wrapped up for Christmas. 

I love it! 

It's so... yellow. :D

5CIdtxi.jpg

ZLr9U9C.jpg

bB0z7vS.jpg

GXEmQzt.jpg

iqFQR99.jpg

Damnnnnn Daniel!

That looks so hot! Pay day is Monday so I'm preying they still have the Black Friday deal by then!! I want one of these so bad!!

It's weird, I was curious what the 6GB Lucky update was about too. I couldn't find anything online.

Alas, I've 100% completed it! I have one secret achievement left to get and after googling it, it's an achievement for burrowing a certain distance. I know that I barely used that mechanic and only did it when necessary so I'll have a lot of mindless burrowing to do before I get my full 1000G.

A really fun and enjoyable game though which apparently has a prequel? I'll have to look more into that.

• Thanks 1

Yeah I finished Lucky today. Didn’t 100% it as I need to go back and get the 300 coins in each world. 

Then I need to get the secret achievements. 

That game had some really interesting ideas that if they’d have built on could have made the overall package that bit better. I actually found the platforming to be the weakest / most boring part of the game. It was also difficult to control Lucky sometimes, particularly when trying to jump on enemies heads. The double jump felt a bit lacking to me. 

I really enjoyed the statue puzzles, the 2d sections and also the marble maze bits. They were where the game shone. I think they could have done more to vary the worlds as they all felt and looked very samey outside of the spooky world. 

Where is my ice / snow world at? No platformer is complete without an ice world. 

All in all, good but not great. A really nice relaxing game to chill with though and fairly easy to 100% it seems. 

Now to also find out about this prequel? 

17 hours ago, Aneres11 said:

Yeah I finished Lucky today. Didn’t 100% it as I need to go back and get the 300 coins in each world. 

Then I need to get the secret achievements. 

That game had some really interesting ideas that if they’d have built on could have made the overall package that bit better. I actually found the platforming to be the weakest / most boring part of the game. It was also difficult to control Lucky sometimes, particularly when trying to jump on enemies heads. The double jump felt a bit lacking to me. 

I really enjoyed the statue puzzles, the 2d sections and also the marble maze bits. They were where the game shone. I think they could have done more to vary the worlds as they all felt and looked very samey outside of the spooky world. 

Where is my ice / snow world at? No platformer is complete without an ice world. 

All in all, good but not great. A really nice relaxing game to chill with though and fairly easy to 100% it seems. 

Now to also find out about this prequel? 

Yeah, relaxing is a great way to describe it. I really enjoyed the chilled out plat-forming and collecting and generally felt he controls fine but I do agree about the enemies - I struggled to the very end to jump on the heads just right, for some reason I had a very hard time with depth perception in this.

Seriously love those puzzles too, wish we could have had more of them. And yeah the maze's were great fun, I especially love that they added the Monkey Ball type sound effects to them.

I think the worlds themselves were varied enough but the overworlds should have looked a bit different, when I first started playing I was slightly confused as to what was the level and what was the hub world due to them looking nearly identical.

25 minutes ago, Josh64 said:

Yeah, relaxing is a great way to describe it. I really enjoyed the chilled out plat-forming and collecting and generally felt he controls fine but I do agree about the enemies - I struggled to the very end to jump on the heads just right, for some reason I had a very hard time with depth perception in this.

Seriously love those puzzles too, wish we could have had more of them. And yeah the maze's were great fun, I especially love that they added the Monkey Ball type sound effects to them.

I think the worlds themselves were varied enough but the overworlds should have looked a bit different, when I first started playing I was slightly confused as to what was the level and what was the hub world due to them looking nearly identical.

Yeah echo all of that.

Particularly the hub world and levels looking the same virtually. That caused some confusion. 

I finished it completely before. 100%. I actually hope we get another game in the series, and they fix some of the complaints that people have had with it as it could be really good. 

It definitely didn't deserve the low score from the likes of IGN who slated it good and proper - it was better than they'd have had you believe for sure. 

Moving onto Sonic Forces now! :D

• Like 1

I see the Xbox version of PUBG is getting slated across numerous outlets. Here's a quick quote from Digital Foundry.

Another thing worth mentioning - it feels *HORRIBLE* to play on console. Severe input lag, a badly configured deadzone and jittery performance. It is the single worst playing shooter I've experienced on a console in the last decade. The interface and controls are straight awful.

They have so much work to do.

I just don't get this whole early access thing. Why would I pay for an unfinished product? I find the whole concept bizarre. 

12 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Why would I pay for an unfinished product?

Pff...just go back and play Xenoblades Chronicles 2, then :p

• Haha 1

I find early access makes more sense on PC. I've bought quite a few games over the years that I've enjoyed following as they've gone through a lot of changes before release, PUBG included. I do think though that some companies kind of abuse the system. Games like ARK and DayZ that just never seem to come out.

6 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Pff...just go back and play Xenoblades Chronicles 2, then :p

Hey, that was finished...it was just clearly rushed. :D 

3 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Hey, that was finished...it was just clearly rushed. :D 

Tomayto, tomahto :D

• Haha 1

Forza Horizon 3 is on the store for 19.99 so you can bet I started downloading it!

Should be ready by Christmas! I'm already 20gb installed, even with my awful internet I don't think the extra 30gb over 24 hours is asking much.

Also super tempted to get one of those ballin' controllers with my Christmas money to be in the same league as Aneres ;D I've just gotta decide if I'm gonna update my xbox Live gamertag before I do it, to match my new twitter and instagram handles. I've been rid of the mass number combination (josh64128) on most platforms for years now

• Thanks 1

Any one know of a good cheap mic I can get? I haven't used voice chat on games for ages (apart from Minecraft as that's chill) because I get kinda distracted from the game itself lol. But I'm willing to give it a whirl as our @Animalwants some hardcore online action with me

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Josh64 said:

But I'm willing to give it a whirl as our @Animalwants some hardcore online action with me

I need an adult!

I use to use TurtleBeach and they weren’t too bad and relatively inexpensive. $30-40 should net you a decent enough pair that’s comfortable/over the ear and transmits voice.

• Like 1