NEurope
Cube

Xbox One Console Discussion

Amazon dropped the ball with pre-orders.  Checking across various sites, it seems the mess-ups are on orders made back when they went up.  Some people who ordered an Xbox One X a few days or weeks ago seemed to get theirs no problem.  One or two Scorpio edition pre-orders were cancelled/not delivered, and those people are not happy.

Amazon had issues with Fire Emblem Warriors recently and they sent me the wrong game last week. That's never happened to me before with any retailer.

Seems like GAME have stock still and stores close to me all have stock too. 

Just online where they seem to have sold out of their initial batches due to preorders. 

Another look at some impressive results on the X.

Just a shame Halo 5's problems weren't the performance. :p 

• Haha 2

I've caved and ordered one. 

There's some games I am yet to play for Xbox - Forza 7, GoW 4, Quantum Break and want to pick Sonic Forces up for it as apparently it's the best version for it despite dipping back to 1080p on the odd occasion. Also want to get L.A Noire for it rather than Switch although I loved that game so much I might double dip. 

See how I feel when it comes. Unfortunately the dashboard remains unchanged. :blank:

I haven't got an X, in fact... I only just picked up an S in September. I was going to post my excitement in this thread but at the time this place didn't seem very inviting haha.

I've been having a real blast since I got it, I've been out of the Xbox game since my 360 died in around 2013 so it's been great to dip back in. My first two games were Rare Replay and Forza 5, Forza was free and Rare Replay is something I've wanted in FOREVER.

I played the crap out of Rare Replay, 100% Completed Banjo, played hours and hours on Nuts N Bolts (and defeated Grunty for the first time, screw the haters I LOVE nuts n bolts) and have a good play on all the classic titles and 'snapshot' mode that plays like NES Remix.

I forced myself to have a quick go on Forza as I'm not really into 'realistic' racers but man... that quick go turned into hours and hours, I seriously love Forza. It's great to ease noobs (like myself) in with the assists, and then slowly removing them as you get better really helps you get to grips with the game. I love unlocking new cars and driving against (and building up my own) Drivitar and checking out all the cool designs people have made online. I have played the crap out of it and still feel like I haven't really touched the surface and perhaps now I won't because...

I saw Forza Horizon 2 for cheap in CEX so thought I'd try it out to see what's different and /love it even more/. The races are as good as ever but the graphics seem miles better and it's great fun driving around the open world, smashing signs and choosing the next event. The only thing I hate is the abundance of terrible British accents lol.

I then got GamePass so have been fiddling in old SEGA titles and played some Sunset OverDrive, picked up Cup Head which looks and plays beautifully despite being hard as nails and most recently ignored the middling reviews and got Super Lucky's Tale which I'm seriously enjoying - It's certainly got a budget feel but it's that classic 90's 3D Platformer feel that I love.

MineCraft has been love of my life for the past 2 years and that love has extended even further with the Xbox One version as I now have a realm so me and my friend don't constantly have to try and sort out times between work and social life to play online, we can just dip in and create our own Scranton Office whenever.

I'm sure there's more, as I've been really enjoying the Xbox, but I'll leave it at that for now. I don't feel bad about getting an S instead of an X as I can't really afford an X and I don't think my TV would show the true power anyway. Not to mention that the X enhanced games seem few and far between so far and perhaps are not the best choices.

As much as I like Luckys Tale, one of my main gripes atm are the shoddy textures in areas, I can only imagine how gross they'd look in 4K. The other bizarre edition is MineCraft that looks hideous at the best of times.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, Mike1988uk said:

@Josh64 I too quite enjoyed nuts and bolts! That’s once I got past it not being banjo 3! An enjoyable game in its own right.

I got especially obsessive collecting all the vehicle pieces and making really ludicrous contraptions this time too! And it shocks me just how beautiful this still looks considering it's a 2008 360 game.

• Like 1

I too have always been fond of Nuts and Bolts, it may help that I didn’t have any nostalgia for the originals having not played them then. 

Forza really is an excellent series. Probably the strongest one MS has going for them currently. 

Definitely check out ReCore, Titanfall 2, Doom, Wolfenstein. 

• Thanks 1

Good write up, @Josh64. I take it you are enjoying you S more than your Switch. :D 

Count me as someone who loves Nuts and Bolts. It was a very interesting take on the series and it had some great ideas. I think too many people got hung up about what the game wasn't rather than appreciating what the game actually was.

I love Rare Replay. Its an amazing collection and shows just how diverse and amazing Rare were. Many say they lost what made them special when they left Nintendo but I still think they had that magic touch. Kameo, Nuts and Bolts, Kinect Sports and Viva Pinata showed they still had the ability to make amazing games.

Forza is another series that I love. I fell in love with the original game back on the original Xbox and have loved the series ever since. Unlike the Gran Turismo series, the Forza games caters to those who like driving games but also recognises that many don't want a realistic driving game to be stupidly hard. First thing I do when playing a Forza game is to turn on certain driving assists, especially the driving line. 

• Thanks 1

I’m getting rid of my Xbox again soon. I never play it so I decided to give it to my niece and nephew for Christmas so somebody will get some use out of it.

Just now, Happenstance said:

I’m getting rid of my Xbox again soon. I never play it so I decided to give it to my niece and nephew for Christmas so somebody will get some use out of it.

Just make sure you update it and install the games for them, otherwise they won't be playing anything until next Christmas. :D

Just reading that the next update for the One will have gifting ( people in the preview program are playing around with it at the moment). I loved that feature on the Wii and think all the consoles should have it.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

The first week sales of Xbox One X is over 80,000 in the UK, GamesIndustry.biz can reveal.

Retailers have shared data that reveal that Microsoft's new super-powered console has sold as many units in its first week as Nintendo Switch did in March (hardware figures are up-weighted 20%. Xbox One X raw data is at 67,000).

It's first week sales are also well ahead of PS4 Pro, which did a little over 50,000 back in November 2016. Indeed, it took PS4 Pro four weeks to reach the same number.

Impressive.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Impressive.

Very. It's a high price but it sure does look premium. Such a nicer looking piece of hardware compared to ps4 pro 

I had a feeling it would have sold well but didn’t expect that well. Wonder if it will continue to sustain those numbers or nose dive? I guess it’s the best time of year for it to be released for Christmas although the lack of stellar AAA releases might hamper it somewhat. 

In other news, I have ordered an Xboxdesignlab controller. Should be here in a week or so. 

Most bright, but I love me a crazy controller and yellow is my fave colour :) .

Got my gamer tag engraved too  

nftwdLY.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Just reading that the next update for the One will have gifting ( people in the preview program are playing around with it at the moment). I loved that feature on the Wii and think all the consoles should have it.

I see that this has now been made active for every Xbox user. Good thinking getting the feature in everyone's hands just before the Black Friday digital sales.

3 hours ago, Aneres11 said:

If anyone wants to gift me Forza 7, I’ll take it I guess. 

Nope, you’re getting NASCAR and that’s final. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 13/11/2017 at 7:32 AM, Hero-of-Time said:

Good write up, @Josh64. I take it you are enjoying you S more than your Switch. :D 

Count me as someone who loves Nuts and Bolts. It was a very interesting take on the series and it had some great ideas. I think too many people got hung up about what the game wasn't rather than appreciating what the game actually was.

I love Rare Replay. Its an amazing collection and shows just how diverse and amazing Rare were. Many say they lost what made them special when they left Nintendo but I still think they had that magic touch. Kameo, Nuts and Bolts, Kinect Sports and Viva Pinata showed they still had the ability to make amazing games.

Forza is another series that I love. I fell in love with the original game back on the original Xbox and have loved the series ever since. Unlike the Gran Turismo series, the Forza games caters to those who like driving games but also recognises that many don't want a realistic driving game to be stupidly hard. First thing I do when playing a Forza game is to turn on certain driving assists, especially the driving line. 

Yeah, I think it gets way too much hate for what is one of the best platformers of the last 10 years - but that's the risk you take when you use old IP for new ideas I guess. 

And yeah I agree with your Rare sentiment, those who write them off after the buyout must be blind by Nintendo loyalty as they have released some fantastic games since. I forgot to mention Viva Pinata in my initial post but that was an amazing surprise to find on Rare Replay, kind of like Forza I thought I'd give it a quick go and didn't expect much but got really hooked. I've probably sunk a good 20 hours into it! Though it does break my heart when they die and you hear kids screaming with joy lol. 

Yeah the arrow assist helped me so much, I'm definitely gonna delve further into Forza. I'm gonna play Forza 5 and Horizon 2 until I'm finished and then move onto 6 and Horizon 3!

On 13/11/2017 at 11:05 AM, Aneres11 said:

I had a feeling it would have sold well but didn’t expect that well. Wonder if it will continue to sustain those numbers or nose dive? I guess it’s the best time of year for it to be released for Christmas although the lack of stellar AAA releases might hamper it somewhat. 

In other news, I have ordered an Xboxdesignlab controller. Should be here in a week or so. 

Most bright, but I love me a crazy controller and yellow is my fave colour :) .

Got my gamer tag engraved too  

nftwdLY.jpg

Damn, Im very jealous, that looks amazing! I've been desperate to make my own but just gotta wait until I can convince myself to spend that much on a controller (next payday lol)

I didn't realise you could get stuff engraved on them too! 

18 hours ago, Josh64 said:

Damn, Im very jealous, that looks amazing! I've been desperate to make my own but just gotta wait until I can convince myself to spend that much on a controller (next payday lol)

I didn't realise you could get stuff engraved on them too! 

They are pricey. It’s a Christmas present though which my bf is getting me so I’ll have to wait a bit before I can play with it! 

I don’t think had he have offered that I’d have got one. They do look so cool though. 

The possibilities are endless with them it seems, as virtually everything is customisable. 

I’ve got my One now and got it all set up. Proving a bit difficult with no internet at home but hopefully that’ll be rectified soon. Forza 7 looks absolutely insane. :) 

• Like 1

Where has the time gone? :( 

I still remember the excitement I had when setting my account up and finally getting to play Halo 2 online. That and PSO were my go to games on Live on the original Xbox.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1