NEurope
Cube

Xbox One Console Discussion

Nothing I want to buy there. I’ve had KOTOR on PC and iPad for years so it’s nothing exciting for me. Give me a shout when the first Buffy game is announced. That’s the only one I can ever think that I want to play.

Wow! Original Xbox discs work!? Digital licenses carry over!? System link works across Xbox, Xbox 360 AND Xbox One!?

1080p Original Xbox games on Xbone and 4K on Xbone X!? 360 games to run in 4k on XboneX!?

That's pretty damn amazing! Well done Microsoft!

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

Wow! Original Xbox discs work!? Digital licenses carry over!? System link works across Xbox, Xbox 360 AND Xbox One!?

1080p Original Xbox games on Xbone and 4K on Xbone X!? 360 games to run in 4k on XboneX!?

Yes indeed. I'll definitely be picking one of these up in 4 or 5 years or whenever I can get a used one for under 100, hoping it can replace the other 2 and save some space. And there's always Rare Replay, Halo and Sunset Overdrive, I suppose. That's about it for exclusives, right?

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Oxigen_Waste said:

Yes indeed. I'll definitely be picking one of these up in 4 or 5 years or whenever I can get a used one for under 100, hoping it can replace the other 2 and save some space. And there's always Rare Replay, Halo and Sunset Overdrive, I suppose. That's about it for exclusives, right?

I quite like Ryse and Gears of War 4 was great.

The One may be the worst console I've owned but there's no denying the effort Microsoft has made in making backwards compatability work for the thing. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dcubed said:

I was quite surprised to see Ninja Gaiden Black available for download on my Xbox One today, no disc required, it's just there. :)

Apparently it was available for free if you had Xbox One Game Pass... which I've never had and never activated a trial for, yet I'm downloading Ninja Gaiden Black right now. :D

Unless that's what you mean about digital licenses carrying over? I did play Ninja Gaiden Black on my Xbox 360 along with a few other games, so maybe that's why.

Either way, this is a really excellent feature for the console. :peace:

6 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I quite like Ryse and Gears of War 4 was great.

The One may be the worst console I've owned but there's no denying the effort Microsoft has made in making backwards compatability work for the thing. 

I mean like proper exclusives, those two are on PC. It's a great system, all things considered... just a bit useless if you happen to have a gaming PC. Still, if it really ends up making my 360 and OGbox obsolete I'll definitely be getting one.

So, this is out Friday.  Several Youtube and streamers have early consoles with a bunch of games to test out.  Seems they are trying hard to get a market going for it.

Anyone bothering with an X ONE X then? 

I haven't even really looked into it, and I know that there's a hell of a lot of hate for the One on this forum, mainly all from @Happenstance :p, which I get is justified, but just wondered if anyone had seriously considered this? 

It's a real tough sell it seems. It isn't even launching with anything to take advantage of the improved specs. I know there are games out there that will, like Forza etc, but the sensible thing to do would surely be to launch it at the same time as an exclusive to attempt to entice? 

Weird. 

Many many moons ago I ditched the Wii for an Xbox 360. Oh how the tables have turned, I didn't hesitate for a moment buying a Switch this weekend even with the XboneX out so soon.

Sure, I bought a PS4 Pro, but I did that because I was already invested in the system – with how many hours I put in one the PS4, it had earned an upgrade. (And if the Switch ever receives an upgrade – and I can actually transfer all my stuff across – I'd be inclined to upgrade that too).

The Xbox One X isn't even on my radar.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ll get the X eventually but it holds no real interest to me. Not sure it’s fair to say this forum hates the console, it’s just a rather disappointing piece of hardware compared to the other offerings. If it’s all someone could get though, they’ll still have a great time with the games regardless. When I played I enjoyed it, but most of my time still went elsewhere. 

As a console, the Xbox One is only just starting to become appealing for me to play on as a gamer despite owning it for around three years now.

This is largely thanks to Microsofts commitment to backwards compatability which has included Xbox 360 for a while now and support for those games is ever-growing.

But the main improvement here is the inclusion of Xbox original titles, to the extent that I've started looking at my collection of Xbox games with a view to being able to play the games I used to once enjoy years ago but haven't played mostly due to not having an original Xbox setup - I have a 360 setup but... yeah... BC really isn't all that on the machine - so now perhaps I'll be able to play the likes of Panzer Dragoon Orta again except not broken this time as it was on the 360 or even play through Shenmue II before the third installment comes out. :)

It doesn't end there though, they will be adding game periodically so this makes me less likely to get rid of certain titles I have but maybe haven't played, I already snapped up a copy of Crimson Skies for a good price and I already had a box/manual to Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic so I snapped up a cheaper disc only copy to make that one complete. :D

At this rate I'll likely have more Xbox Original titles than Xbox One in time, though obviously not more than retail Xbox 360 titles because... that would be quite a feat. ;)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to one day hopefully being able to just play all Xbox titles regardless of generation on the one console and I don't want to have to upgrade to a new version of the machine or the next iteration afterward which I shudder to think about the thought that they might just throw away the library and start again in the future which would be crazy; life for the Xbox One platform is now actually starting to get good, so this just needs to be built upon as that's where a lot of the market is I reckon. :peace:

If anyone wants to chase after 4K visuals, then the Xbox One X is there as a... rather expensive but just about viable option, assuming they already have the 4K TV to go with it, in which case... then that's great.

I'll make do with 1080p for a few more years I reckon and just see how things play out. :heh:

6 hours ago, Nolan said:

I’ll get the X eventually but it holds no real interest to me. Not sure it’s fair to say this forum hates the console, it’s just a rather disappointing piece of hardware compared to the other offerings. If it’s all someone could get though, they’ll still have a great time with the games regardless. When I played I enjoyed it, but most of my time still went elsewhere. 

I dunno. I think it's pretty fair. The last ten or so pages are hardly filled with positivity about the consoles performance and capabilities. 

I loved the 360 and enjoyed the Xbox One to begin with, but even I now find it painful just trying to do simple stuff on it because of how they keep destroying the interface. Although admittedly it has got better on the latest one. 

9 hours ago, Aneres11 said:

I dunno. I think it's pretty fair.

It's a fair thing to say, at least from my personal point of view. I've had 3 One consoles. Each time I bought it I done so for a few games that were out at the time but every time I got one I ended up hating it. The whole thing is just far too clunky and slow. The OS is an absolute mess and has never really been improved. They were constantly changing where things were. Games took an age to install. Games file sizes were just stupidly big ( think Gears 4 is over 100GB now ) It was just a disaster.

When the new update was released I came across this video. He goes on a bit but I did find it quite funny. :D 

It's sad because, as Sam pointed out, the effort Microsoft have put into making the One backwards compatible has been amazing. It's just a shame that is all locked behind what I see as an awful console.

• Thanks 3

Gotta say scorpio sounds very impressive. Sounds like MS certainly delivered on what they said it would do. 

Edited by liger05

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yup. Very impressive.

Is this a 360 game being played on XBOX X or was this a remastered version for the One? If it’s a 360 game that is mighty impressive. 

4 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

Is this a 360 game being played on XBOX X or was this a remastered version for the One? If it’s a 360 game that is mighty impressive. 

Its the standard 360 version being played on the X.

• Thanks 1

That's extremely impressive, no wonder it's aimed at those who want the best out of a machine.  And it'll only get better when developers unlock it's true potential.

Either they didn’t send many of these to retailers or demand is higher than expected as its sold out everywhere it would seem. 

I expect the former... 

1 hour ago, Aneres11 said:

Either they didn’t send many of these to retailers or demand is higher than expected as its sold out everywhere it would seem. 

I expect the former... 

GameStop’s website doesn’t want to work for me, Bestbuy is sold out. Amazon however I can order and have it delivered tomorrow, and that is not through a 3rd party seller, that’s Microsoft. It is project Scorpio edition as well. Same price so no real difference. 

Well Amazon have screwed me over with the Xbox One X.  Ordered within minutes of it going up and they've not delivered it today, not told me why they haven't delivered it today and the website is still saying it's going to be despatched today to arrive today.  My friend who ordered five days later has received theirs today.

12 minutes ago, V. Amoleo said:

Well Amazon have screwed me over with the Xbox One X.  Ordered within minutes of it going up and they've not delivered it today, not told me why they haven't delivered it today and the website is still saying it's going to be despatched today to arrive today.  My friend who ordered five days later has received theirs today.

Yeah, it's been a right cock up from them. There's a fair few on Era in the same situation. 

Amazon have been really shoddy this year when it's come to getting gaming stuff to people on release day. They screwed me over twice and I now refuse to use them for preorders. Again, there's a fair few on Era, both UK and US, who've had the same issues that I had with Amazon this year.

Hmm. I’ve typically always had good luck with amazon. I don’t preorder often though and typically don’t preorder items of such limited stock though. 

Last preorders I did were...Nier Automata? Horizon? I’m honestly not sure if I preordered or just bought right after release. I do know that I preordered Persona 5 Take my Heart edition, and it arrived right on time.