NEurope
Cube

Xbox One Console Discussion

Oh no you didn't......

Sorry, sorry, should elaborate.

I'll get a PS4 next year when there are more games I want to play. Right now it feels like the entire library can be played on the PS3 or 360 or Xbox One.

That'll change soon, but right now I just grabbed the system with the games I wanted.

Impressions are actually quite mixed so far. Controller is basically a suped up 360 pad which is fine, but the dashboard and UI are genuinely horrible - far prefer the 360 one, even with all the ads everywhere. It was at least a bit intuitive.

Is there a tutorial or something built in that I may have accidentally skipped?

I agree the UI is a mess at the moment. Problem was that the whole thing was built with Kinect in mind. Now that it's been essentially thrown out the window you are left with a shoddy UI.

It's not all bad though. Apparently the whole thing is getting a redesign early next year.

I understand the complaints re the UI, but personally I don't mind it at all.

Whilst I think it could be a little more fleshed out rather than just having 4 pages of tiles, and then all the oher settings shoved to the right in a list, I like the tile layout. I especially like that you can add backgrounds now which totally changes the look of the dashboard as well as there being no more adverts or bing related stuff.

I expected to hate it, and at first I was't a massive fan, but once I unpinned the crap I didn't want and got the stuff I did want I found it ok. I also like the snap feature. Checking achievements and stuff using that is really handy.

It could definitely be better though. But saying that I think the PS4's could be too.

I picked up a One yesterday with Forza, Halo MCC and Sunset. MCC seems alright so far, a few issues aside - insane day one download, sorta borked matchmaking and Halo 2 feeling heartbreakingly dated without the refinements of the later entries - aside that I'm pretty psyched.

Haven't tried Sunset yet. Pretty excited, but not expecting too much.

I'll probably get a PS4 next year when there are more games.

Welcome to the gang! Will add you or you add me flameboyNE

Having got a One for xmas, I'm not disappointed! Not had a lot of time to play over the festive season due to work but had some more time on it last few days.

Loving being back in the cheevo world as I've always preferred them to trophies. I've got my head round the UI now I think but currently prefer PS4. That could just be because I've had PS4 for a few months but I just found that easier to navigate (probably because it's very similar to PS3).

I found the One just a bit clumsy in comparison, but as long as you have what you need in the pins it's ok. And I do like the snap features for quickly popping up the cheevo's on the side and how all games seem to have an in built tracker now for them.

But it's all about the games as they say! And the One controller is better.

Having got a One for xmas, I'm not disappointed! Not had a lot of time to play over the festive season due to work but had some more time on it last few days.

Loving being back in the cheevo world as I've always preferred them to trophies. I've got my head round the UI now I think but currently prefer PS4. That could just be because I've had PS4 for a few months but I just found that easier to navigate (probably because it's very similar to PS3).

I found the One just a bit clumsy in comparison, but as long as you have what you need in the pins it's ok. And I do like the snap features for quickly popping up the cheevo's on the side and how all games seem to have an in built tracker now for them.

But it's all about the games as they say! And the One controller is better.

THANK YOU!!!! I feel like so few people who have played both feel like that.

THANK YOU!!!! I feel like so few people who have played both feel like that.

Got both. Absolutely no question. One's trounces PS4's.

I own a WiiU and a PS4 and played on the One quite a lot over the Christmas period.

My order of preference would go PS4, One, Pro Controller, GamePad.

I love the feel and build quality of the PS4 pad. It's a massive improvement on the PS3 controller which I just didn't like. I don't like the triggers on the One controller and my hands felt a bit cramped up using the shoulder buttons, but I did think the size was good and the controller does clearly build on everything they got right with the 360 pad (which they evolved from the original Xbox pad...I like evolution). Both of these controllers have a superior build quality to the WiiU's pads. The Pro Controller wins ahead of the GamePad on size as the GP is far too large to be used regularly, although I don't like the positioning of the right analogue stick as it makes using the face buttons a pain in the arse.

The GamePad wins in terms of functionality but it loses massive points for aesthetics, grip, comfort and ease of use. It's a pain in the arse, basically. I don't think the One has any motion controls built into the pad (not that this is necessarily a terrible thing - plus it has Kinect), so it hasn't quite got the same functionality as the GP, but it is far more comfortable. We played FIFA for hours on that. So, that's my order. :D

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

I actually think the reason a lot of ppl prefer the PS4 pad is because of how much better it is compared to PS3, whereas One is just a bit of an improvement coz the 360 one was already amazing.

So the one doesn't have the 'wow' factor that PS4 one has.

I liked both the previous gen pads, 360 one moreso but thats not why I prefer the PS4 pad now. I just think its more comfortable.

The ds4 is better than previous DS, but it is still a pretty bad controller, find it so so uncomfortable and awful analogue control, never mind the stick quality is behind abysmal and cheap. Have barely played the one, but the 360 controller is better so if the one controller improves it further than I'd imagine I'd feel it'd be far superior than ds4, though I feel most controllers are.

Xbox D-pad placement is pretty bad which is a shame for a lot of indie titles or where you use it a shortcut button. I also like the share button and find the touchpad quite useful. Given they're both pretty comfortable, I'd say these features edge the DS4 over the X1 pad.

The only thing I'm really not liking on the Xbone controller are the bumpers, they feel extremely restricted and tossing a grenade feels like way more of an effort than it needs to be in every shooter I've played so far. It's just a smidge below the 360 controller, which was perfect for anything that didn't require the d-pad for movement.

DS4 seems great and feels comfortable, but can't really get behind the stick placement. It feels weird on the Wii U Pro controller and even weirder on Sony's pads.

Edited by Guy

I actually think the reason a lot of ppl prefer the PS4 pad is because of how much better it is compared to PS3, whereas One is just a bit of an improvement coz the 360 one was already amazing.

So the one doesn't have the 'wow' factor that PS4 one has.

Possibly, although the DS4 does have tons of functionality to make it a good controller in its own right. The light bar on the controller was particularly awesome for Alien Isolation and added to the mood of the game. Sucked me right in.

I'm enjoying how easy it is to save screenshots and footage with the share button, probably a lot more than I'd ever thought I would. I'd go with @Guy's assessment of the One controller being just a step behind the 360 pad, or equal to.

In the end, both controllers (DS4 and One pad) are both good controllers and it makes it comfortable and easy to game for hours. What's also reassuring to know is that this template will be improved upon in the future and it'll get even better.

Possibly, although the DS4 does have tons of functionality to make it a good controller in its own right. The light bar on the controller was particularly awesome for Alien Isolation and added to the mood of the game. Sucked me right in.

I'm enjoying how easy it is to save screenshots and footage with the share button, probably a lot more than I'd ever thought I would. I'd go with @Guy's assessment of the One controller being just a step behind the 360 pad, or equal to.

In the end, both controllers (DS4 and One pad) are both good controllers and it makes it comfortable and easy to game for hours. What's also reassuring to know is that this template will be improved upon in the future and it'll get even better.

Yeah, it's a good point on the functionality, that DS4 does do a lot more than the one can but there not really features I've used, the Middle track pad I've only used as a button etc. But also has the motion stuff etc.

I've always preferred the stick placement on 360/one compared to ds3/ss4 but I get used to the Ds placement, it's not like I find it unplayable or anything.

@Aneres11 you aren't half caning the achievements right now! As someone who is relatively low you were one of the few people I was hoping I could catch up with over time but you've been top of my 30 days friends leaderboard by miles!

@Aneres11 you aren't half caning the achievements right now! As someone who is relatively low you were one of the few people I was hoping I could catch up with over time but you've been top of my 30 days friends leaderboard by miles!

Ha, I do like achievements, but I haven't chased them tbh.

The only game I did that on was Sunset Overdrive. But it added about 40 hours gameplay onto it for me so that was the main reason. Plus I couldn't get enough of it.

Also, I had a bit of time off over Christmas and just wanted to veg out and game which I haven't done for ages. Before I bought the One I had my eye on a number of games I wanted to play and have finally sat down with them and the achievements have been pretty easy and enjoyable on them!

But yeah, my score has gone up quite a bit!: peace:

Got a free one month extension to my Xbox Live gold due to the Halo MCC debacle, pretty happy with that as I've only done single player and online co op which have run nothing but smoothly for me :)

Got a free one month extension to my Xbox Live gold due to the Halo MCC debacle, pretty happy with that as I've only done single player and online co op which have run nothing but smoothly for me :)

Yeah I got one too. Saves me having to renew this month now.

I sold my Xbone. I was thinking about it a couple of nights ago and I realised I haven't played on the thing in any meaningful way since November, I don't like the OS and the pad is a step backwards when compared to the god tier 360 pad. I also took a look at the games coming and theres only one that I'd actually buy this year. I do all my multiformat gaming on the PS4 so I don't use it for that either.

I think by Christmas 2016 I may get another as they will no doubt be cheaper and there will be many more games available by then. I think my PS4, PS3, 360, PStv and 360 will do me just fine for the next couple of years or so.

I sold my Xbone. I was thinking about it a couple of nights ago and I realised I haven't played on the thing in any meaningful way since November, I don't like the OS and the pad is a step backwards when compared to the god tier 360 pad. I also took a look at the games coming and theres only one that I'd actually buy this year. I do all my multiformat gaming on the PS4 so I don't use it for that either.

I think by Christmas 2016 I may get another as they will no doubt be cheaper and there will be many more games available by then. I think my PS4, PS3, 360, PStv and 360 will do me just fine for the next couple of years or so.

I might have sold mine in the next few months but its just found its new use as our downstairs bluray player.

You are dead to me :P

Has anyone bought an external hard drive for xbox one ? I am out of storage now . Can't anyone recccomend any please?

Has anyone bought an external hard drive for xbox one ? I am out of storage now . Can't anyone recccomend any please?

I bought this one;

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/western-digital-my-passport-ultra/6000139076554

and it works perfectly you won't even notice the difference between the two and can change it to display everything as one and where you want your console to install by default. I've found no other issues whatsoever either, load times aren't compromised or anything. My only thing I would say is when you are on the look out bare in mind that anything above 3TB seems to need it's own power outlet. That's what informed my choice on 2TB along with price (actually paid $109 for this one as was on sale).