NEurope
Cube

Xbox One Console Discussion

Just picked up a One today, add me on XBL.

Echo VX

Also quick question, when you press the sync button on the console is it meant to make a little "donk" noise?

Haha yes it is! Love that sound. I will add you later on! What games did you pick up?

Anyone get anything decent for the one year anniversary? I got a notification saying I was in the top 1% for achievemenrs gained, a thanks for being there with a day one edition and for playing online a lot. What did I get? I got a theme and a downloadable poster. Cheers, Microsoft. I get this garbage yet others are getting free games and done a lot less than me.

Anyone get anything decent for the one year anniversary? I got a notification saying I was in the top 1% for achievemenrs gained, a thanks for being there with a day one edition and for playing online a lot. What did I get? I got a theme and a downloadable poster. Cheers, Microsoft. I get this garbage yet others are getting free games and done a lot less than me.

Seriously? :blank:

I thought it was just everyone gets the background etc and that was it, that's all I got anyway... did they actually give out free game downloads to some people?

Surely it would have been better to have at least given out one arcade game for free to everyone... ::shrug:

Not that it matters that much I suppose but still, would have been nice.

Seriously? :blank:

I thought it was just everyone gets the background etc and that was it, that's all I got anyway... did they actually give out free game downloads to some people?

Surely it would have been better to have at least given out one arcade game for free to everyone... ::shrug:

Not that it matters that much I suppose but still, would have been nice.

Turns out I got Limbo free for the One. They send a message to your Xbox rather than an email.

Others got free bits of DLC instead of the poster. Seems the giveaways are random. Some got the new Dance Central.

Turns out I got Limbo free for the One. They send a message to your Xbox rather than an email.

Others got free bits of DLC instead of the poster. Seems the giveaways are random. Some got the new Dance Central.

See I got everything but the poster...because I wasn't a Day One owner I guess. However a lot of sites are reporting that Limbo is for Day One owners too and only available to them, yet I got the code. Only thing I can think is I did buy the Day One 12 months of Xbox Live that came with the Shadow Jago DLC so maybe that counted?!

Just picked up a One today, add me on XBL.

Echo VX

Also quick question, when you press the sync button on the console is it meant to make a little "donk" noise?

How many gamertags have you had!

I've added you to my list.. Again lol

Microsoft have explained who got Limbo and who didn't;

Microsoft has confirmed that its recent surprise free gift of Limbo was sent to anyone who used their Xbox One during the console's launch weekend.

The platformer's new Xbox One port will be made available to purchase for everyone else "soon".

"We're looking forward to launching Limbo on Xbox One," a Microsoft spokesperson told Eurogamer. "As a thank you to our earliest adopters, fans who played their Xbox One the first weekend of launch received early, free access to the game.

"Limbo will also be available for purchase via the Xbox Game Store soon."

So I only got a copy because I logged on to to @Nintenchris' Xbox that weekend!

Microsoft have explained who got Limbo and who didn't;

Well that ain't true as I didn't get my One until a couple of weeks after launch. It was a Day One edition though. Dunno it that makes a difference?

Very tempted to pick the One up soon. May wait and see if there are any Black Friday deals this week though. Such a shame the new consoles aren't backward compatible though as I'm seriously running out of space on my TV bench.

Well that ain't true as I didn't get my One until a couple of weeks after launch. It was a Day One edition though. Dunno it that makes a difference?

Yeah I think it's Day One as well as people who logged on straight away.

Titanfall Deluxe (with all maps) is only a tenner on the XBL store. Just bought it.

Titanfall Deluxe (with all maps) is only a tenner on the XBL store. Just bought it.

What a bargain. It's still a great game, I enjoyed it far more than Destiny if I'm honest!

What a bargain. It's still a great game, I enjoyed it far more than Destiny if I'm honest!

Agreed

its a crime to own an xbox one and not own titanfall

Bought my console last month, now after an hour or so of use, the RT on my controller starts making a squeaky sound. Does anybody else have this problem?

Got a good result though. Contacted Amazon who will refund me £33 in order to buy a new one and I don't even have to send this one back. So I can still use this one, and possibly even send it back to M$ for a replacement.

That's shot but good at the same time :heh:

No squeak here. But will keep an eye on it...

Bought my console last month, now after an hour or so of use, the RT on my controller starts making a squeaky sound. Does anybody else have this problem?

Got a good result though. Contacted Amazon who will refund me £33 in order to buy a new one and I don't even have to send this one back. So I can still use this one, and possibly even send it back to M$ for a replacement.

I think there are the issues with the controllers packed in with the consoles....Both sets I've seen aren't quite fitted together correctly and do have some weird nuances likes squeaks and different clicks. However the titanfall controllers are completely fine.

Yeah, my launch model came with a squeaky trigger. It worked find and didn't really bother me.

In other news, I sold my One over Christmas. The thing just wasn't getting a look in anymore. The only two games I was looking forward to ( Halo MCC and Sunset Overdrive ) turned out to be massive disappointments. Also, just about all my mates and family had made the switch from the One to PS4, so nobody was online on the thing anyway.

I will end up picking one up again once Gears arrives. Hopefully there will be a nice looking limited edition model, just like when Gears 3 launched on the 360.

I don't regret buying one though. I got to play some great games on it ( don't care what the reviews say, Ryse was awesome ) and had some great laughs on games like Titanfall, which IMO is a much better game than Destiny.

Tis a sad day Hero.

Sad indeed.

I love the One. Now I have both PS4 and One I can directly compare, and I still think the One is the better choice for me.

I love what Sony have done with their new console, but the One has better exclusives at the minute and I still prefer the controller. PlusI think achievements have always been better than trophies - if you're into that kind of thing!

But I love how each company is offering different things. Competition is exactly what is needed and it's so good that there are 2 companies rivalling each other and pushing each other on.

But I get where you're coming from for your reasons for selling. If everyone else you game with is at PS4, then it's a no brainer! : peace::

I had the same problem with my PS4 pad. Just spray a little WD40 on the trigger and it fixed it. Harmless too.

I picked up a One yesterday with Forza, Halo MCC and Sunset. MCC seems alright so far, a few issues aside - insane day one download, sorta borked matchmaking and Halo 2 feeling heartbreakingly dated without the refinements of the later entries - aside that I'm pretty psyched.

Haven't tried Sunset yet. Pretty excited, but not expecting too much.

I'll probably get a PS4 next year when there are more games.

Yesssss Guy!! Shall add you shortly!

Sunset overdrive is my game of the year, I don't think you will be disappointed. Hero was, but I think he was on drugs whilst playing. :heh:

Which Forza dud you pick up?! Horizon 2 is amazing.

Aneres11 said:
Yesssss Guy!! Shall add you shortly!

Sunset overdrive is my game of the year, I don't think you will be disappointed. Hero was, but I think he was on drugs whilst playing. :heh:

Which Forza dud you pick up?! Horizon 2 is amazing.

I think it was Forza 5, it came packed in with the console as a bonus download code.

Edited by Guy

I'll probably get a PS4 next year when there are more games.

Oh no you didn't......