NEurope
Cube

Xbox One Console Discussion

I've found even with quick start you still get a long boot when it's updated. Been a bit of nightmare being part of the beta program has meant updates everyday.

Is your power brick really noisy when the Xbox is off when quick start is on? I found the fan on it is far too noisy to have on at night.

Is your power brick really noisy when the Xbox is off when quick start is on? I found the fan on it is far too noisy to have on at night.

yep it randomly kicks in so so loud. At first I had no idea what it was as everything was off. How can the brick need to cool down so much when its largely off.

Just listened to giantbomb seems the loading an update when it next switches on isn't uncommon. Ever had it when Xbox on won't work chances are something has updated and its powered off afterwards. A far cry from their promise of rolling updates happening as you play and stuff

Got my pre order in yesterday, a week til glory awaits!

Although I've had to organise to go to a friends house to do the system update and download the game, my internet took a day and half to download 15GB Deus Ex, so I dread to think what the console plus Titanfall would be like.

However usually with the game side of things there is no problem so looking forward to organising some Titanfall evenings with you chaps on here, who have we got? @Hero\-of\-Time?

Got my pre order in yesterday, a week til glory awaits!

Although I've had to organise to go to a friends house to do the system update and download the game, my internet took a day and half to download 15GB Deus Ex, so I dread to think what the console plus Titanfall would be like.

However usually with the game side of things there is no problem so looking forward to organising some Titanfall evenings with you chaps on here, who have we got? @Hero\-of\-Time?

I'm still back and forth as to whether i'm going to buy it. Feel free to add me on your friends list though.

I'm around for online titanfall if you can handle it ;)

I might have to pull out the Pyramid of Halo again soon.

Oh I can handle TitanFall...the question is whether my internet can! Having to take the console to my mates house to do the initial console download then the 40gb game download, my internet would take weeks to do that!

However actual gaming has worked fine online so it should be ok, will give it a few test runs before I engage in anything where it could piss people off though. Just hoping I have the time to play it, working all next weekend and into the following week too! :(

Off to trade in my 360 and get all paid up for my One ready for tomorrow, stand by for Titanfall :)

And it's done, £132 in total with my store credit and 360 trade in, pretty chuffed with it as I bought it for £150 pre owned anyway and got 3 of the 5 games I needed from a mate. Opening the store at 8am so I'll get down there, meet my mate whose buying his copy, then head to his to sort out the updates/download before a day of Titanfalling! :D

Off to trade in my 360 and get all paid up for my One ready for tomorrow, stand by for Titanfall :)

And it's done, £132 in total with my store credit and 360 trade in, pretty chuffed with it as I bought it for £150 pre owned anyway and got 3 of the 5 games I needed from a mate. Opening the store at 8am so I'll get down there, meet my mate whose buying his copy, then head to his to sort out the updates/download before a day of Titanfalling! :D

ONE OF US ONE OF US!

Welcome aboard buddy! Be sure to add me flameboyNE

Finally! Friend notifications are coming back.

What to expect in this update preview

For those of you that participated in last month’s (1403) update preview, this preview wave will be a little different:

The 1404 update preview will run a bit longer than the 1403 preview. As a result, not all of the features listed below will be available in the first 1404 update. Some features will be enabled in 1404 updates that are rolled out later in the preview.

Some of the features listed below will be enabled outside of a console update. Keep an eye on the forums for announcements and information on when new features are made available.

What’s new in this release?

Game and app saves and updates. A game save progress bar will show you the status of your game saves. You will also be able to easily tell what games and apps are being updated or have been updated recently.

Friends improvements. Notifications will be added to see when favorites and friends sign in to Xbox Live. This actually was one of the most frequently requested features from the first preview wave and we made it a priority to include it in the April update. Also, friends who are in multiplayer will be identified in the friends list. We’ll also add the ability to view friends’ most popular apps.

Blu-ray 50 Hz video output support for content recorded at 50 Hz will resolve video playback issues some Xbox Live members in Europe are experiencing.

Kinect voice and motion improvements will continue to fine tune the quality and reliability of Xbox One commands.

Improved GameDVR video quality through compression algorithm improvements.

Updates to Xbox One device management to address issues controlling TVs, set top boxes, and receivers that our customers have reported.

New audio settings to tune how much volume is lowered when Kinect is used in communications.

I decided to give Titanfall a break yesterday and started playing Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare. I can't believe how much fun it is! I played a typical TDM mode, then a survival mode, then a one where you have to stop the zombies getting into the mansion. It was great!

After the update happened though the servers went pear shaped. I kept getting disconnected from matches ( annoying that you dont keep your progress ) and sometimes even getting sent back to the dashboard. Looking around it seems that it is happening to everyone, so it looks as though the new DLC and update are indeed to blame for this.

Finally! Friend notifications are coming back.

I'm happy about this feature the most:

image_39277_fit_940.jpg

Finally makes snapping TV in more of an option. I've been snapping in footie matches when playing titanfall but the sound from the TV is way loader which is not the way I'd want it.

I plugged out Cable TV into out Xbox One's HDMI input socket and was wondering if its possible to have both a game and whatever is on cable tv running at the same time, picture in picture?

Saying Xbox snap while gaming, temporary brings up a little window showing cable tv but it closes after a few seconds if you don't ask it to go Fullscreen.

I plugged out Cable TV into out Xbox One's HDMI input socket and was wondering if its possible to have both a game and whatever is on cable tv running at the same time, picture in picture?

Saying Xbox snap while gaming, temporary brings up a little window showing cable tv but it closes after a few seconds if you don't ask it to go Fullscreen.

Xbox Snap then pick TV and the picture will appear but the whole bar down the right hand side remains. I do wonder if they will add proper picture in picture at some point.

Phil Spencer confirmed as new "Head of Xbox"

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/03/31/phil-spencer-revealed-as-new-head-of-xbox

If his twitter'ing is anything to go by, I think this is a great choice, seems to be on the ball and keen to listen to consumers, and he's all about the games!

I think it's a good move for a shift in the games focus. Sure draw on the other staff but the relationships he has with developers should prove to be invaluable.

The OneGuide stuff is finally going to start working in the UK. Faster than Nintendo has gotten TVii up and running over here.

Even paraplegic zombies drowning in custard are faster than Nintendo releasing TVii over here.

The OneGuide stuff is finally going to start working in the UK. Faster than Nintendo has gotten TVii up and running over here.

Yah I saw it's coming to selected Canadian customers....now the waiting game to see which boxes etc...god I hope they are adding it to Rogers, their cable box menus suck suck suck.

I agree, I'm going to wait and see what Halo offers they can....offer, and I'll consider it.

I caved and bought it with Titanfall. Not sure how i feel about not being able to have any of my 360 downloads on it but i guess i should have read about it first!

Add me: Cooper2085

I caved and bought it with Titanfall. Not sure how i feel about not being able to have any of my 360 downloads on it but i guess i should have read about it first!

Add me: Cooper2085

I will add you!

It might be going back! The stupid Kinect is faulty! So angry.

And its working again! And i signed for Netflix :)