NEurope
Cube

Xbox One Console Discussion

More like pay again for all the games you all ready own.

No one is forcing anyone to upgrade. You can still play them on the 360 if you want.

Some people on this forum, including some mods, seem intent on bashing every single thing about Microsoft just because its the cool thing to do at the moment. Get a grip. I thought we were past bashing consoles that we don't like and that we were a more mature forum. I should just have stuck in General because this obviously isn't the case anywhere apart from there.

^ At least some of it is actually warranted though... ::shrug:

More like pay again for all the games you all ready own.

The smart move would be that the Xbox One detects from your old gamercard/account on the 360 that you already own the games and allows you free access to play them again.

But as you mentioned above, this is Microsoft we are talking about.

It's everyone's way of doing it. Sony have suggested that the Gaikai may be an extra subscription. They haven't decided yet.

If companies made it a subscription service to a proper back catalogue without any extra costs then I would be totally willing to pay for that. Personally I think thats how the Nintendo Virtual Console should be run now.

The smart move would be that the Xbox One detects from your old gamercard/account on the 360 that you already own the games and allows you free access to play them again.

But as you mentioned above, this is Microsoft we are talking about.

Problem with this though; how do they differentiate between what you own and what you have rented, borrowed or owned but since traded in?

Exactly that idea is ridiculous. You could just pool together with all your friends to put all your games in once and then you'd have access to all the games.

I think there is a way they could make that work in the future though. Gee... what could it be? Oh right, DRM on the disk and restricting the ability to exchange/resell.

:angry:

On both consoles it should be an extra subscription, like Spotify for games. Obviously if you're on Plus you get a discount while you NEED Xbox Live Gold to subscribe.

Well, the PS4/XB1 can likely read the name of the PS3/360 game on the disc, so it could potentially use the disc to verify that you own it, and let you stream for free if you have the disc in the console.

Problem with this though; how do they differentiate between what you own and what you have rented, borrowed or owned but since traded in?

Well, the PS4/XB1 can likely read the name of the PS3/360 game on the disc, so it could potentially use the disc to verify that you own it, and let you stream for free if you have the disc in the console.

This. Sounds the most logical solution to the problem that could arise.

No one is forcing anyone to upgrade. You can still play them on the 360 if you want.

Some people on this forum, including some mods, seem intent on bashing every single thing about Microsoft just because its the cool thing to do at the moment. Get a grip. I thought we were past bashing consoles that we don't like and that we were a more mature forum. I should just have stuck in General because this obviously isn't the case anywhere apart from there.

Woah now, talk about hyper sensitive. Since when was having criticisms taken as 'bashing' a console? And to put it all down to 'because it's the cool thing to do at the moment' is incredibly bias, maybe you're just being far too sensitive and feel the need to justify your purchase, like a teenage kid with post-purchase rationalisation but in advance.

No one here cares whether you buy it or not, there are people over the internet who do, but we all seem to be fairly grown up here and know people are free to do what they like with their money.

I'm not going to lie, I don't like the console. I don't like the Wii U either. Heck, I'm not too fond of the PS4 now that I think about it as I see no need for one, I just see it as the lesser of evils.

The thread is to talk about the Xbox One. We're talking about the Xbox One. In your own words, get a grip.

I'm pretty sure I've said multiple times I'm not buying it so therefore have absolutely no reason to defend it.

I cant wait for novemeber 22nd

reasons why i want the xbox one over the ps4

xbox live

the xbox controller

the fact that microsoft will pay for big exclusives

But thats just me, none of the crap that was supposed to happen but didnt doesnt phase me one bit.

As i see it right now, besides the price point the PS4 and Xbox are on equal ground.

Serious/non troll question ; what are the XBO exclusives on launch?

Dead Rising 3

Forza Motorsport 5

Ryse

I'm picking up DR3 and FM5 with mine.

Serious/non troll question ; what are the XBO exclusives on launch?

- Dead Rising 3

- Forza Motorsport 5

- Ryse: Son of Rome

- Powerstar Golf (Digital)

- Killer Instinct (Digital)

- Crimson Dragon (Digital)

Have you read what developers are saying?

I don't think he's talking terms of performance more the features available.

Weirdly I have to agree with him too. I'm buying two games I actually want with my Xbox One but buying Killzone just to have a game to play on my PS4 at launch. Plus I'm looking forward to the new controller more than the DualShock 4.

If I bought an Xbox at launch, I'd probably get DR3 and FM5. If I bought a PS4 at launch, I'd get Killzone and Knack.

However if I bought either console a year into their launch... I probably wouldn't get any of those games :/ I'd literally be buying them to get the big pretty launch titles.

But if you bought a PS4 you'd get Resogun and Drive Club with your two weeks of Plus and then Warframe and Blacklight Retribution free-to-play, too.

HASHTAGeveryonebuyaPS4

If I bought an Xbox at launch, I'd probably get DR3 and FM5. If I bought a PS4 at launch, I'd get Killzone and Knack.

However if I bought either console a year into their launch... I probably wouldn't get any of those games :/ I'd literally be buying them to get the big pretty launch titles.

If I were to buy either at launch I'd be buying COD and FIFA. I'll be sticking with the 360 until COD is no longer released on it!