NEurope
Cube

Xbox One Console Discussion

Tumblr just made the excellent point that the Call of Duty series has now given us a playable dog character but not yet a playable female character.

Microsoft shot themselves in the foot and gave the upcoming generation to Nintendo and Sony

To Sony, perhaps, but definitely not to Nintendo (unless you're privy to something I'm not).

Anyway, forgot you could watch it live on Xbox Live so booted up the 360 and watch it on there. Kinda what I expected really in terms of tech but I'll agree that the form factor is massive for the console and the Kinect. I can only hope (and presume) that the former is that size to accommodate a big enough fan to keep the thing from melting the motherboard again like with the 360. Doubt they'd want to take another massive hit financially after the failure rate of the original 360 models.

Game wise, Forza did nothing for me, nor did EA's sports titles. Was at least happy to hear that they've got 8 new IPs to come within the first year but whether these are downloadable or full titles I don't know. Disappointed Remedy's titles wasn't Alan Wake and what they showed didn't really pique my interest. Admittedly, very little info to go on there but does look like bullet time will be back (urgh).

CoD: Ghosts did look kind of interesting but again, the visual leap they're talking about, while definitely a marked step up over current hardware, didn't wow me as much as some of the stuff Sony showed off at their event. Interested to see if they'll take a slightly less gung-ho approach as they trailer kind of suggested. I doubt they'll drop the massive action sequences but hopefully a little less Michael Bay-esque this time around.

But yeah, the event was pretty much as I'd have expected from Microsoft. I'm nowhere near sold, and don't know how anybody could be, and some of the stuff that has since come out post-event has worried me. I can only hope that EA's unprecedented support doesn't mean exclusivity on content from the likes of Bioware as that'd piss me off to no end especially as I'm leaning more towards a PS4 currently.

It's just dawned on me.. We've not seen (if there even is one) the power block.

I thought things were getting smaller, jeez that is one huge mother of a box. As far as i care, as long as the games are good and it's backwards compatible with the games i currently have then it gives me some firepower towards picking this over the PS4.

Just an observation: It's nice to see both Nintendo and Sony fans team up to slag off the Xbox One. :p

The forum is...ONE.

Shi-, maybe this was the plan all along.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Well that reveal went down with you lot like a lead balloon.

I reckon wait until E3 before making judgment. Im also looking forward to more info about the PS4.

If I did buy one of them then it would be my first ever non-nintendo console.

Yes we have. The Xbox One, Controller and Kinect are sitting on it :p

I thought things were getting smaller, jeez that is one huge mother of a box. As far as i care, as long as the games are good and it's backwards compatible with the games i currently have then it gives me some firepower towards picking this over the PS4.

There is no firepower for this console whatsoever. It is a water pistol. A potato gun. A peashooter.

Going by "the one" console to embarrass them all i'd say this is an accurte representation

MMG75cut_zpsd252c157.jpg

There is no firepower for this console whatsoever. It is a water pistol. A potato gun. A peashooter.

I currently have a 360/Wii-U at present. A best of both worlds. I plan on getting one of the next gens from Sony or MS. It's tough to decide which one, Microsoft is a little more promising. But not much, and E3 could be the decision maker event for me.

Just an observation: It's nice to see both Nintendo and Sony fans team up to slag off the Xbox One. :p

The forum is...ONE.

Shi-, maybe this was the plan all along.

You don't need to be a fan of either to do that. It's overall a pretty terrible sounding product.

You don't need to be a fan of either to do that. It's overall a pretty terrible sounding product.

Oh yeah, no denying that.

It's amazing how bad it has turned out. Spectacular, really. I thought only Nintendo were capable of this capitulation.

I currently have a 360/Wii-U at present. A best of both worlds. I plan on getting one of the next gens from Sony or MS. It's tough to decide which one, Microsoft is a little more promising. But not much, and E3 could be the decision maker event for me.

Paying for online is promising?

Oh yeah, no denying that.

It's amazing how bad it has turned out. Spectacular, really. I thought only Nintendo were capable of this capitulation.

It's a race to the bottom.

The PS4 seems to be the console to be doing everything what a games console should be doing. Catering to the game developers.

You'd think Microsoft would capitalise on that. Oh well. Money saved!

Sony's library of exclusives puts them way ahead of Microsoft. On games, Sony has them by the throat, and they are getting better and better in this department.

Everything about Microsoft's approach is insipid, pure as. As Daft mentioned, they're just so horrifically American. Smug, corporate, and chiefly fronted by people so high up they don't even care or know what they're selling. Where do they breed their execs? They make it look like the people at Nintendo are still trying.

I really hope Nintendo pull out all the stops next month and give everyone a reason to dream again..

I really hope Nintendo pull out all the stops next month and give everyone a reason to dream again..

They will ;)

Yeah, I don't know how anyone can think the Xbox is more promising? Except personal preference for the controller, but even then the PS4 controller looks more like the current 360 one now.

The One looks gash, has a crappy anti-preowned system, enforced Kinect, likely continued online fees, an inferior library of exclusives, limited Japanese/alternative game support. Pretty crap really.

What's the low-down with the specs then? De-bullshitted, preferably.

TBF, the signs of increased focus on everything-other-than gaming have been on the cards for the last couple of years. It was the principle reason I finally jumped ship after last years E3.

On that showing, I won't be jumping back onboard anytime soon.

Yeah, I don't know how anyone can think the Xbox is more promising? Except personal preference for the controller, but even then the PS4 controller looks more like the current 360 one now.

The One looks ash, has a crappy anti-preowned system, enforced Kinect, likely continued online fees, an inferior library of exclusives, limited Japanese/alternative game support.

Pretty crap really.

As someone currently getting into this alternative/Japan game that has a huge bearing For me

Its got a shit load of transistors

It's powered by the heart of a whale, hence why the casing is so vast.

It also runs on hatred, much like the river of slime in Ghostbusters 2, which explains why we haven't seen any power adaptors yet.