NEurope
Cube

Xbox One Console Discussion

I'd be fucked off if Microsoft's policy on used games tempts third-party publishers to adopt the same policy for used multiplatform PS4 games.

I can see why the Ouya might gain some cult backing now.

I think what has most likely happened is all the big money publishers have pushed both Microsoft and Sony for this and they've both stupidly gave in.

The way Sony have phrased it so far is that there you can still play used games, but there's a condition. I'm now assuming that the condition is a license you have to buy.

All I can assume is that one large publisher (which I'm pointing towards EA for, as they're the ones who announced is advance the discontinuation of online passes), has been very sneaky and used its weight with the Sports range they have to get both of them on board. If one of them has the restriction and the other doesn't, that's going to be one hell of a disadvantage considering they'll play the exclusivity game. And if both of them didn't do it? Who knows, they might not have fallen out with Nintendo or they might have just shut the fuck up.

Wasn't going to get the next Xbox anyway, but this further cements my decision not to do so. Can't believe my facebook feed is full of people praising Microsoft for what they've just seen. :blank:

You can't be serious? No literally...you can't.....I've made about ten negative status' about it already. :p

You mean to tell me I couldn't take my copy of COD: Ghosts to a mates house and play it with him unless he paid for it in some sort of half baked money making scheme? Utter guff!

"fancy a game of FIFA tonight?"

"yeah cool, though I've got to stay in so can bring it to mine if you like?"

"yeah no worries mate will be there in 30 minutes, by the way get your debit card ready as you'll have to pay £5 to use it on your console..."

"What? But we usually play it at yours? Can't we just play it for once at mine tonight?"

"yeah, but only if you pay £5 for it on your console to unlock it."

"I HATE YOU!"

do you really think it would be as low as that? i suspect a minimum of half the current RRP

You can't be serious? No literally...you can't.....I've made about ten negative status' about it already. :p

"Get your tissues out!!"

":O Have u seen this!? xx" - posted from one friend on another's wall.

"And once again Microsoft with Xbox has smashed the competition out the ball park ! Looks amazing "

do you really think it would be as low as that? i suspect a minimum of half the current RRP

Oh just a pure shot in the dark, more about the principle really, but after I posted I did think £5 may be a little low, as then it would be like a blockbuster rental or something. So yeah a good £25/£30 may be more accurate.

Also to anyone who got/is confused about the name Wii U, good luck with Xbox One. Didn't I have one of those before my 360?...

I get my money for new games by selling my old games. To own an Xbox One (assuming I could buy it, it's gonna be expensive) would just be a huge money sinkhole for me. Basically, monetary unfeasible.

Plus, ALWAYS on? No thanks.

Plus have to be connected online to play? Not with my connection, son.

I mostly chose 360 game version over PS3 this gen, but this essentially makes the decision of PS4 for me. After I get my Wii U, of course.

Even if I could afford, I can't morally choose to. MS choices are creepy and screwed up. It makes me sick thinking of all those who'll submit to this without a care in the world, forcing videogaming down this unsavory route by the voting of their money.

"And once again Microsoft with Xbox has smashed the competition out the ball park ! Looks amazing "

Bahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahah.

Excluding multi-platform, they showed Forza 5 and a few seconds of whatever the fuck Quantam Break is.

That person is so far beyond deluded, the only humane thing to do to them would be to put them down.

I think what has most likely happened is all the big money publishers have pushed both Microsoft and Sony for this and they've both stupidly gave in.

The way Sony have phrased it so far is that there you can still play used games, but there's a condition. I'm now assuming that the condition is a license you have to buy.

All I can assume is that one large publisher (which I'm pointing towards EA for, as they're the ones who announced is advance the discontinuation of online passes), has been very sneaky and used its weight with the Sports range they have to get both of them on board

Yeah I think you're probably on the money. It's a massive concession but perhaps they had no choice but to bend over.

You are kidding yourselves if you think the used-game-fee is anything less than RPP! Remember, the person that paid the fee, can now play it without the disc, so the game will likely act the same as the downloadable version. Do you think Micrsoft would sell a downloadable game for less if you just 'loaned' a friend's BD copy first?

All I can assume is that one large publisher (which I'm pointing towards EA for, as they're the ones who announced is advance the discontinuation of online passes), has been very sneaky and used its weight with the Sports range they have to get both of them on board. If one of them has the restriction and the other doesn't, that's going to be one hell of a disadvantage considering they'll play the exclusivity game. And if both of them didn't do it? Who knows, they might not have fallen out with Nintendo or they might have just shut the fuck up.

The great irony if it was EA, is that because they release their sports game annually the second hand value of their titles is always crap. Try trading in a year or two old Fifa, you'd get bugger all for it.

Time for Sony to shine.

By blocking used games?

untitled8outz.png

The great irony if it was EA, is that because they release their sports game annually the second hand value of their titles is always crap. Try trading in a year or two old Fifa, you'd get bugger all for it.

At least we know why EA dropped their online pass.

Time for Sony to shine.

I really want to believe this may be their opportunity, but there's no way Microsoft would willingly go into this knowing Sony is going to offer a fuck load of more obvious freedom for gamers.

From the sounds of it, all of the big guys are going down hill to a place none of us want to go.

In a post answering "top questions" about the Xbox One, the official Microsoft page notes the system "does not have to be always connected, but Xbox One does require a connection to the Internet." Additionally Microsoft notes that in the case of pre-owned software, the Xbox one is designed "to enable customers to trade in and resell games. We'll have more details to share later." The Q&A makes no mention of the fees confirmed by Microsoft to Wired.

I'm confused

My god if Sony do any of the same bullshit Microsoft are enforcing then I'll be WiiU only next gen.

I'm confused

You need to be online to install and activate your game but when that is done you can play them offline.

Edited by bryanee

ust to clarify the DRM situation.

To play a game you just bought for the Xbox One you need an active internet connection to install and play the game. You cannot start a game without an active internet connection. Much like Steam when you put the disc in the drive it reaches out to the internet and ties the game to your account then installs it. Games cannot be played without an install.

Lemme say that again.

You cannot play games on this without an active internet connection.

Single player games will continue to work if you happen to lose your internet connection.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3550570&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=72#post415689903

Not sure how legit this is...but if true...

I really want to believe this may be their opportunity, but there's no way Microsoft would willingly go into this knowing Sony is going to offer a fuck load of more obvious freedom for gamers.

From the sounds of it, all of the big guys are going down hill to a place none of us want to go.

What are you talking about?

I really don't care about used games. Never bought them, never will. Games are cheap enough as they are. Yeah, I think it's a dumb move but it really effects me in no way whatsoever.

Indie devs, new IPs, video capture, sequels to games I love - Sony are going exactly where I want them to go.

Just taken this from IGN:

"...It's unclear what this means for the secondhand market, though Microsoft announced on an FAQ page (since removed) that the Xbox One is designed "to enable customers to trade in and resell games. We'll have more details to share later." It didn't reference the fees confirmed by Microsoft to Wired."

Misinformation already, needs to be a clarification pretty quick! (Or for IGN to shut up)

Every screaming atom of the thing tells you it isn't a games console.

Games Console:

gamecube.jpg

Fascist hunk of shit:

img6844jpg-acbd79_640w.jpg

- 24hr surveillance

-Bans sharing

-Ruins TV

- Seizes ownership of your voice and body

'It only controls every aspect of your lives'

Edited by dwarf

I don't like how it's saying they're tied to an account, not a console or account & console. So based on that logic, your significant others won't be able to play the games on their account. Really just hope that's a glib interpretation...but if so...damn...

You need to be online to install and activate your game but when that is done you can play them offline.

I dont understand MS went to pains ot say its not true and now they are doing what they denied?