NEurope
Cube

Xbox One Console Discussion

Not surprising, what did he think would happen? There's no way you can go to such a public forum and speak out for your company in that tone.

Not surprising, what did he think would happen? There's no way you can go to such a public forum and speak out for your company in that tone.

He's apparently done this a couple of times before at other companies. And got sacked for it. He doesn't really seem to care.

More rumours.

Microsoft is working on a number of launch titles for its new Xbox console. One of the first games to launch on the next Xbox will be Ryse, according to multiple sources familiar with Microsoft's Xbox plans. Microsoft originally unveiled Ryse at E3 2011, promising an exclusive Xbox 360 release with Kinect functionality. A release has never materialized for Xbox 360 and the company has remained fairly silent about the title's progress, noting that it was still in development in mid-2012 and again earlier this year. The Verge understands that Crytek, along with Microsoft Studios, has been rewriting the game to take advantage of its next-generation console, due later this year.

We're told Ryse is designed to be Microsoft's new Gears of War / Halo mega launch title. It's set in the roman empire period and uses deep Kinect integration to allow players to slash and kick at enemies. We understand that Ryse will take advantage of the new body tracking improvements in the next Kinect sensor. Ryse is part of four major launch titles for the next-generation Xbox. Sources tell us that a new Forza title with "super life-like" graphics will also be made available at launch, alongside a zombie game and a family game set on an island with Pixar movie-style graphics. We're told that the family game will utilize Kinect to scan a body and generate a virtual character in the game.

We understand that these four titles are a small selection of the launch titles for the next-generation Xbox. Third-party support is said to be strong in the first-person-shooter genre. Microsoft is also working on some improvements to Xbox Live, including a switch to currency over the Microsoft Points system. Microsoft is expected to hold a special Xbox event in May, ahead of a full unveiling at E3 in June.

Not one of these rumoured titles has me excited for the console. If the family game is some shoddy title they have had Rare working on then I won't be a happy chappy.

Ryse sounds terrible, wave your arms to slash people, woop de fooking do! thats what star wars did with kinect and look how that did...

I actually like the idea of a game set in Roman times, especially if it was based on Up Pompeii. You'd play as Lurcio and get caught up in all his tasks.

Although it is far 2 early for me to be making decisions but even as a mainly 360 gamer, hearing the rumours so far makes me think that the PS4 is looking a lot more appealing!

Only time will tell.

Lots of podcasts now discussing the possibility that the always on could be via cable box tech and the console replacing it. I'm not sure where that sits with me sits with me in the shift of focus.

Kinect-only launch title, no thanks. Kinect is a gimmick and one that i don't really want to be apart of to be honest. These rumours are fueling a reason for me to get a PS4 even more at present.

I wouldnt trust any of the rumours. Go with the cross checked stuff as many developers are working on the 720.

The always online stuff was never going to happen.

What's interesting lately is how you have analysts saying the 720 will be the most mainstream friendly priced console in generations.

Edited by Choze

I predict the PS4 and 720 will launch at exactly the same price.

I Predict the 720 will launch with a packaged ball in a cup game for when the console gets its version of RROD, you know something to do while you can't use it :p

What's interesting lately is how you have analysts saying the 720 will be the most mainstream friendly priced console in generations.

Assuming they go for the subscription model which really does seem to fit inline with all the rumours regarding MS's direction for their machine.

No doubt there will still be the option to buy it out right. I think that $500 price point is too high for what's being offered here. By PC standard it's lower middling spec and the if the man on the street can buy hardware of similar performance at retail for the same cost, you have to bet that MS can put it in a box and generate a profit. Kinect is $99 with a game thown in. I suspect that's a pretty tasty makup in terms of build costs and the none motor variety that is Kinect 2.0 should be easier and cheaper to build.

The processor is going to be similar to the one used in every entry level notebook/laptop and tablet from AMD for the next 2 years so they will be knocking them out in huge quantities at low prices and DDR3 is super cheap now everyone is using it - whereas GDDR3 in the 360 will rise in price as supply and demand drop off thanks to smaller batches being produced. And the GPU even customized won't be that expensive either.

I can see $400 all in on this one (box and Kinect) and MS are possibly taking a small hit depending on negotiations - $450 at an absolute push if they wanted to be profitable from day one guaranteed.

I think Sony will go $400 at a slight loss but hardware will be profitable within 12 months. They could bundle in their own camera for $450 and that would be more beneficial for them as their cameras aren't expensive to make really.

I Predict the 720 will launch with a packaged ball in a cup game for when the console gets its version of RROD, you know something to do while you can't use it :p

Or when Xbox Live or your internet is down.

I predict the PS4 and 720 will launch at exactly the same price.

Why would they be same price? One is mid level, one is high end. One is more accessible, one is less accessible. They will be priced and positioned as such.

Granted Nintendo have pumped up prices badly for now but I would ignore them and their greed.

On Tuesday May 21st, we’ll mark the beginning of a new generation of games, TV and entertainment. On that day, we’ll be holding a special press event on the Xbox campus and we invite you to join us via the live global stream that will be available on Xbox.com, Xbox LIVE and broadcast on Spike TV if you are in the US or Canada.

On that day, we’ll share our vision for Xbox, and give you a real taste of the future. Then, 19-days later at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles, we’ll continue the conversation and showcase our full lineup of blockbuster games.

We are thrilled to pull back the curtain and reveal what we’ve been working on.

5pm GMT

http://majornelson.com/2013/04/24/xboxreveal/

Edited by Happenstance

It's either going to be full of surprises, or disappointment :/

I don't think I've heard a single rumour that I want to be true. Either Microsoft are extremely good at keeping secrets, or there will be plenty drawing me away from it.

Im going to be watching it mostly out of interest in the gaming industry. I cant see myself buying whatever Microsoft put out for the next gen.

I think they just reposted the information Thurrott said nearly a month ago.

Well there is a rumour going around at the moment concerning a 360 SoC which could be included into Durango and give it full backward compatibility without compromise as well as be used in conjunction with the all new hardware for better performance. It will also be the thing that powers the Set Top box style 360 device.

Well there is a rumour going around at the moment concerning a 360 SoC which could be included into Durango and give it full backward compatibility without compromise as well as be used in conjunction with the all new hardware for better performance. It will also be the thing that powers the Set Top box style 360 device.

I seriously hope that's true as I refuse to buy a 720/Durango plus a Set-top box just to play my old 360 games, heck I'm not even sure if I even want the next Xbox at the moment though I suppose it's too early to say for sure until later next month.

I just refuse to buy an Xbox as long as Microsoft keep pursuing and Xbox LIVE subscription; I'm not paying to get access to my subscription of Netflix.