NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Exactly what I suspected. The launch games are average at best. Kind of pleased as now I'm not even remotely tempted.

And is it before, I detest Microsoft, but Xbox one has a lot more to offer at launch and The immediate future.

Wiiu offers a lot more than them both put together :)

Exactly what I suspected. The launch games are average at best. Kind of pleased as now I'm not even remotely tempted.

7/10 and 8/10 ain't exactly average.

And is it before, I detest Microsoft, but Xbox one has a lot more to offer at launch and The immediate future.

Everything out/almost out for the next gen consoles is fairly unimpressive. But that's more damning a statement for the Wii U to be honest... it's been out a while now.

The difference is, the great Sony franchises....we know they are coming, even if unannounced. E.g. Infamous, Uncharted, God Of War...they are definitely coming.

Nintendo.....we would love F-Zero. We would love Starfox. Will they come?

The exception being a future, right?

Haha. Maybe. But for now, and rightly so after a year out, it has a better line up.

7/10 and 8/10 ain't exactly average.

I don't doubt resogun, that's the one. Game I really really want to play, and luckily I'll already own when I do get one. But I'm going on other reviews and hands on of kill zone, okay, but not the killer app Sony wanted it to be. There isn't a killer game yet. Bit of a worry.

Everything out/almost out for the next gen consoles is fairly unimpressive. But that's more damning a statement for the Wii U to be honest... it's been out a while now.

Really? That's a bit harsh. Pikmkn 3, wind waker, w101 (though maybe discount this as highly acquired taste), rayman, and the upcoming mario are all (and seemingly re: mario) fantastic games.

The difference is, the great Sony franchises....we know they are coming, even if unannounced. E.g. Infamous, Uncharted, God Of War...they are definitely coming.

Nintendo.....we would love F-Zero. We would love Starfox. Will they come?

Who knows. I'm pretty confident star fox, but fear fzero is no no (GX HD with online would be or e than enough for me). I have no doubt in the long run Sony will have the games I can't ignore, but I also think Nintendo will be backed into a corner and go apeshit releasing all their franchises too. But next year already confirmed smash, mario kart, x, yoshi, fire emblem x game, maybe a new Zelda. That's some of. Their big games.

I'm getting killzone coz it's part of the bundle I'm getting but the reviews look half decent so pretty pleased about that.

64 player battlefield is all I care about, and it's going to happen in a few weeks! Fuck yeah!

To be fair to the Wii U, it doesn't wobble.

To be fair neither does the PS4 unless you poke it on the top.

To be fair neither does the PS4 unless you poke it on the top.

It's still a very strange oversight, how on earth did it go unnoticed?

It's still a very strange oversight, how on earth did it go unnoticed?

Maybe they just didn't see it as an issue because its stable when not being poked on the one side. You can buy those rubber things to stick on the one side if it's a big issue to people.

What the hell are they called? The rubber thingies.

Anyone know why N-Europe is a banned word on neogaf? Just tried typing it into a post and it was censored.

Anyone know why N-Europe is a banned word on neogaf? Just tried typing it into a post and it was censored.

Because it's Neogaf, possibly one of the biggest cesspools on the internet behind 4chan.

Don't they see other forums as "competition" or some bullshit?

Neogaf is a good place with good people and yeah with arseholes as well just like every forum. N-Europe is the first banned forum I've come across on there, I was just wondering why?

After listening to last weeks Weekend Confirmed about how sleek and well oiled the Xbox One's multi layered OS was it was a bit disappointing that the PS4 demo units I tried today ran like turds. Both running differing versions one with only FIFA and Knack another with a whole ton of demos both ran really sluggish can only hope it's just demo kiosk OS that's not optimised at all and not indicative in any way of the actual OS. Granted it is is completely different.7

One nice thing I learnt today is FIFA 14 throws your straight into a Barca-Real Madrid game before any menu's or anything....this is to mask the initial install of the game! Very nice and elegant work around!

Neogaf is a good place with good people and yeah with arseholes as well just like every forum. N-Europe is the first banned forum I've come across on there, I was just wondering why?

I think it was quite a few years back, a news story that N-E posted turned out to be inaccurate, so since then neogaf does what nowhere else on the internet does and censors out our name.

Bit of a weird policy. Even ShopTo are banned.

Hmmmm tempting.

SSD might give you some nice load speeds but you're going to fill up the space way too fast. Apparently after the OS you're only left with about 400GB on the standard drive. Even a 1TB is probably going to fill up within a year, quicker for a serious gamer with money to spend. 1.5TB and 2TB 2.5" drives are few and far between at the moment and expensive... :blank:

The biggest SSD you can get is, afaik, 960GB and clocks in at over £400

I think it was quite a few years back, a news story that N-E posted turned out to be inaccurate, so since then neogaf does what nowhere else on the internet does and censors out our name.

Bit of a weird policy. Even ShopTo are banned.

Yeah, it was when the site reported that THQ were in trouble and shutting down. A few years later and it actually happened. N-E predicted the future!

Yeah, it was when the site reported that THQ were in trouble and shutting down. A few years later and it actually happened. N-E predicted the future!

We did that too with Beyond Good and Evil 2!

Neogaf is useful, but in many regards run by very codfish childish people on a power trip.

So, why isn't every site band? I'd be impressed if a site hasn't made a mistake.

So, why isn't every site band? I'd be impressed if a site hasn't made a mistake.

Who knows? They band various sites for little things yet let others roam free. The fact that things like Shopto is still banned is crazy.

isn't Shopto banned because a few members had a bad time with them? a few transactions out of thousands of perfect ones.....

isn't Shopto banned because a few members had a bad time with them? a few transactions out of thousands of perfect ones.....

It was banned ages ago when the credit card leak/hack thing happened.

SSD might give you some nice load speeds but you're going to fill up the space way too fast. Apparently after the OS you're only left with about 400GB on the standard drive. Even a 1TB is probably going to fill up within a year, quicker for a serious gamer with money to spend. 1.5TB and 2TB 2.5" drives are few and far between at the moment and expensive... :blank:

The biggest SSD you can get is, afaik, 960GB and clocks in at over £400

Oh I wouldn't get an SSD one but perhaps a hybrid Sata drive - far cheaper. I agree though I suspect a 500gb drive won't cut it so I'm just as well getting a bigger drive at launch. Decisions, decisions.