NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

I wonder if you will be able to "buy" PS4 PS+ Instant Game Collection titles before you get a PS4.

I'm 99% sure you'll be able to do it though the web store.

Cancelled my pre-order of the regular PS4. Money is a bit tight at the moment.

Still have that PS4-Killzone-Bundle pre-ordered. Hope this arrives just in time for Christmas.

I am actually debating if I should keep my pre-order. May just wait till I get my bonus in december as there isnt any game I see a must have for Day 1 and just looking at what I am buying over the next few weeks I think I should probably wait a few weeks for PS4.

Daigassou! Band Brothers P

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai 2

Super Mario 3D World

Bravely Default

They forgot Injustice (which should count, as they're counting the non-exclusive Zumba game).

Seems a bit unfair as well as a lot of those digital titles are day one console exclusives for PS4

I'm sure people can hardly wait for Zumba fitness, Zoo Tycoon and Fighter Within.

I would say it's unrepresentative to show retail games as large images and digital games in low contrast lettering. But that's just me.

Didn't you hear? Digital games aren't real apparently. So says some people.

Haha I just put this up in both threads to see how people reacted....If you look at the sheer retail products shipping numbers then Xbox One does win. However like many have noted you can challenge the worth of titles like Zumba...

I think the most interesting part is the shift we have seen in the platform people want to release on digitially rewind to the beginning of this gen and it was all about XBL now things couldn't be further from there. Also though we do have counter act that with the fact that a few of those PS4 titles are PS3 re-releases.

Also how do you compare the worthwhile exclusives? Are KIllzone Shadow Fall and Knack better than Dead Rising, Forza and Ryse?

Which is more enticing for the future Infamous or Titanfall?

Edited by flameboy

Also how do you compare the worthwhile exclusives? Are KIllzone Shadow Fall and Knack better than Dead Rising, Forza and Ryse?

Which is more enticing for the future Infamous or Titanfall?

Personally: Killzone and Knack look interesting (but not enough for a console purchase), Ryse looks generic and utterly boring while I have no interest in Dear Rising 3 as I thought the second was utterly terrible. As for for Forza, I don't like racing simulator games.

And inFamous vs Titanfall - they're so immensely different. One is a massive single-player open-world game, while the other is focused entirely on multiplayer.

As I'm not much of a multiplayer gamer (and I have zero interest in multiplayer with bots), inFamous is easily my preference.

Personally: Killzone and Knack look interesting (but not enough for a console purchase), Ryse looks generic and utterly boring while I have no interest in Dear Rising 3 as I thought the second was utterly terrible. As for for Forza, I don't like racing simulator games.

And inFamous vs Titanfall - they're so immensely different. One is a massive single-player open-world game, while the other is focused entirely on multiplayer.

As I'm not much of a multiplayer gamer (and I have zero interest in multiplayer with bots), inFamous is easily my preference.

I wasn't trying to compare inFamous and TItanfall that's why I said which is more enticing for the future. 3 months down the line after the hype and you are in the cycle of owning a current gen console.

It's more about the worth of these games as part of a collection. By the end of the launch window which line up would people be most happy to own. Ryse doesn't interest me at all and I also hated Dead Rising 2 but 3 actually looks decent (there is a video of 25 minutes of footage doing the rounds) not sure if I would make the jump though. Forza doesn't interest me as like you not in to driving sims.

Killzone to me looks amazing. Knack looks like launch fodder, I think as personally I am going to be picking up the console after it's been out for 1 year in all likely hood I don't think I'd rush out to buy it however good it is. I'd compare it to Kameo people speak fondly about it as a game but you don't see new 360 owners rushing out to get it.

GAME in Cardiff (and maybe a few more across the country) are doing a lock-in on the 16th November for people wishing to sample the PS4 in action for themselves.

And i just finished paying off my console (i say paid off, more like put the money on a card). Got Killzone, Assassins Creed and NBA 2K14 all paid for. Bring on 3 weeks.

Got a £200 ish bonus this month, which helps. In 2014 my pay should be getting a bit more manageable as I won't have been paying off a ring/console/overdrawn. So I can pay towards holiday/wedding.

You don't need to know this, but basically, I think I'm going to pay for my PS4 tomorrow.

Got a £200 ish bonus this month, which helps. In 2014 my pay should be getting a bit more manageable as I won't have been paying off a ring/console/overdrawn. So I can pay towards holiday/wedding.

You don't need to know this, but basically, I think I'm going to pay for my PS4 tomorrow.

Nice one mate - you know it makes sense.

I've only bought a PS4 so I can play as Rocket Racoon in Lego Marvel Superheroes in da best graphics. Everything else is a bonus.

I hope you haven't pre-ordered at Blockbuster :P

I'm getting the PS4 day 1 but man I am really struggling to pick 1 game to buy let alone 2. The launch lineup really does nothing for me and I'm not buying games just for the sake of it.

BF4 is an option but single player is crap as usual. Hopefully NFS is good and resembles Need For Speed Hot Pursuit as since then they havent been very good.

Edited by liger05

I'm getting the PS4 day 1 but man I am really struggling to pick 1 game to buy let alone 2. The launch lineup really does nothing for me and I'm not buying games just for the sake of it.

Why not cancel your pre-order, save some money and get it when there are actually some games you want and the console is likely to be cheaper? No point paying more money just to have one at launch if there's nothing you want to play on it.

Why not cancel your pre-order, save some money and get it when there are actually some games you want and the console is likely to be cheaper? No point paying more money just to have one at launch if there's nothing you want to play on it.

I'm not expecting a PS4 price drop for a while. £349 will see it sell very well with no need to drop the price and I'm worried about the shortages and having difficulty getting one early next year.