NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

ALL ABOARD THE FREAKING HYPE TRAIN!!!

Yeah, I'll be there, waiting for Sony to potentially shatter my dreams.

Another stop on the hype train.

Fumito Ueda issues The Last Guardian statement ahead of Sony's PlayStation 4 event

The creator of delayed PlayStation 3-exclusive The Last Guardian has issued an update on the game's development just days before Sony's big PlayStation (4) pow-wow in New York.

Fumito Ueda explained that work on The Last Guardian was still in-progress (as it has been since 2007) and that he remained in charge.

Cryptically, Ueda added that the release of new information surrounding the project was Sony's job, not his.

"While it's been a long time coming, The Last Guardian remains under my creative supervision and is still in development by an incredibly talented team," Ueda wrote on his personal site.

"I should also mention that details regarding The Last Guardian's release is [sic] solely decided by Sony Computer Entertainment, not myself. Please keep an eye out for their official announcement."

Ueda went on to mention that he was planning new projects to be undertaken "with a fresh perspective" - on a new console?

"Moving forward, it is my intent to continue my involvement with The Last Guardian project, as well as pursue new creative projects with a fresh perspective. As I rekindle my passions as a creator, I look forward to seeing where it will take me, and I deeply appreciate your support during this transition."

Ueda's statement comes exactly one week before Sony's much-hyped news conference. It's the first we've heard of The Last Guardian in months.

Sony Worldwide Studios chief Shuhei Yoshida told Eurogamer last year that the game was still being developed "on PlayStation 3".

Would The Last Guardian continue to be developed for PlayStation 3 after the announcement of its successor?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-13-fumito-ueda-issues-the-last-guardian-statement-ahead-of-sonys-playstation-4-event

If this was a PS4 launch game, I'd die from joy.

Edit:

More PS4 controller rumours emerge

'Remodelled shoulder buttons, front touchpad, Start and Select moved'

Fresh rumours concerning the form of the PlayStation 4 controller have been published online.

According to a VG247 source, the controller is "more or less" the same shape as PS3's DualShock, but the Start and Select buttons have been have been moved to accommodate a front touchpad.

The report also claims that the L2 and R2 shoulder buttons have been remodelled, and that the previously rumoured 'Share' button doesn't exist.

Edge recently reported: "A new Share button on the controller will, when pressed, launch a new feature that will allow screenshots and video to be distributed online. The PS4 hardware will continually record the most recent 15 minutes of onscreen action (with no processing penalty, claims our source), which users will then be able to edit and broadcast via the Internet."

If the latest rumour turns out to be accurate, the removal of the Share button wouldn't necessarily result in Sony dropping support for the above-mentioned feature.

In January, a senior games studio source working on an upcoming Sony game told CVG that the new system's controller has undergone numerous iterations, few of which resemble the DualShock build that has become synonymous with PlayStation. Versions of the new PS4 pad include biometric sensors on the grips and an LCD touch screen, they said.

Edge has also claimed that the next generation console will launch in Japan and the US by the end of 2013 but will not be released in Europe until "early 2014".

Sony is expected to reveal PlayStation 4 at an event taking place in New York on February 20.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/390977/more-ps4-controller-rumours-emerge/

Remodelled trigger buttons, hell yes. I like the idea of a share button, I hope that feature is true and doesn't get dropped.

EDIT:

tumblr_mhynusKFFD1s5o3aso1_400.gif

Edited by Daft

If this was a PS4 launch game, I'd die from joy.

I'm expecting both this and FFVersus to show their faces come he PS4 launch. It would be glorious!

At what time will this conference be held? I probably don't have to work that day.

Might join the N-E chat if you can handle ze amazing German.

Oh wait, just realised it's the day I quit work. Going to be a fun day!

Haha! They're some pretty good pointers, too.

Sony Books Huge Venue for PlayStation Meeting

Unlike an ordinary press event, which only has 20 or so journalists in attendance, this is going to be a huge event akin to an E3 press conference – The Hammerstein Ballroom’s website states that the venue can accommodate 2,800 people Reception Style or 2,200 people Theater Style.

It's like having TWO E3s this year.

@Hero\-of\-Time that was brilliant! :laughing:

lol at NintendoE3 "OMG What Reggie... what are you gonna show us..."

It is funny that this hasn't actually been confirmed by Sony as a PS4 event! :p

But now they had damn better make it one! ;)

Hope Kaz stomps out to announce the Megaton like this!

YbvRFj8.gif

Got to love Neogaf!

kaz-1.gif

Edited by Cookyman

I saw that GT thing as well, where have they been keeping that guy? He has buckets more personality than anybody else working there.

I saw that GT thing as well, where have they been keeping that guy? He has buckets more personality than anybody else working there.

Totally agree. I was an easy watch, unlike a lot of the stuff from them.

Hope Kaz stomps out to announce the Megaton like this!

YbvRFj8.gif

This is one of my favorites, purely because Vinnie Macs walk is legendary. :D

That guy talks a lot of sense.. maybe we need to get him in charge of Nintendo's 2013 E3 conference :eek:

He needs to be in charge of all the big 3 pressers.

Got to love Neogaf!

kaz-1.gif

I want to hate this but I think it's hysterical.

I'd love to know what Kaz's reactions are to these GIFs.

Someone needs to do an Avengers Assemble one with all of Sony's studios teaming up.

I don't quite understand what it means by '3D space'...sounds like a Wii U pad.

We would love to have you. Its lateish I think....11pm our time.

Ah fuck, real life might intervene. We'll see.

That GameTrailers video was great. Sony has to see it.