NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Sony aiming at ~$400 for PlayStation 4 - report...Rumour

I'd happily throw £400 at Sony for a new console. Not sure how many other people would, though. I suspect they'll hit the £350 mark.

I'd pay up to £350 - with a game - maybe... but I don't really want to upgrade yet as I still have plenty to play on my PS3...

... however if they implement the 'one owner game code' thing that the next Xbox might employ as well then they won't be getting a penny out of me on principle. :heh:

Sony aiming at ~$400 for PlayStation 4 - report...Rumour

I'd happily throw £400 at Sony for a new console. Not sure how many other people would, though. I suspect they'll hit the £350 mark.

I think I would be happy with something like £325. The PS3 was £425 when it came out and I sunk money on that, but at the time Blu Ray drives were really expensive and that sorta justified the cost.

The specs being hinted at I don't think justify £400 (assuming they just switch $ to £). £400 would build you a fairly decent PC.

I'd pay up to £350 - with a game - maybe... but I don't really want to upgrade yet as I still have plenty to play on my PS3...

... however if they implement the 'one owner game code' thing that the next Xbox might employ as well then they won't be getting a penny out of me on principle. :heh:

Whoever does this will be absolutely raped by piracy. And will have no sympathy.

Yeah, and they don't have to recoup costs from spending untold amounts on custom CELL rubbish. I think it'll be £350. Based on how much the PS3 cost when it came out and how much tell R&D and tech-unknowns were in it compared to the PS4.

I'd imagine Sony would love it if Microsoft restricted second-hand sales. They'd have no incentive to sell an Xbox, whereas a PS4 would keep second-hand alive.

I'd imagine Sony would love it if Microsoft restricted second-hand sales. They'd have no incentive to sell an Xbox, whereas a PS4 would keep second-hand alive.

I wonder if their parent was a elaborate ploy - Microsoft copy the idea and Sony don't go through it it, making Sony look like the better company.

I don't think Sony are that smart. They probably just try and copyright everything they possibly can like every other stupid large company in the world.

original.gif

original.gif

original.gif

original.gif

original.gif

original.gif

Last one is my favourite.

Edit:

MOOOOAR

original.gif

Edited by Daft

Think an updated Eyetoy was to be expected...

Rumour: Sony dual camera detailed

Yet more rumours have emerged surrounding the next PlayStation, this time in respect of its dual camera.

According to VGLeaks, the 'dual camera' appears to be an evolutioned HD Eyetoy instead of a Kinect device.

According to the information posts it contains a pair of wide-angle cameras with each offering a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels (720p). Sound is processed by a 4 microphone array working at 48 Khz.

The main features of the new camera are said to be that it can recognise the user and log into the system based on this information and that it can also be used for video chat.

As far as gaming goes, VGLeaks suggests that it supports head and hand tracking as new game inputs. There is no indication as to whether it will support full body tracking like its rival Kinect at this time.

It's expected that the dual camera will be bundled with the next PlayStation.

Edited by Retro_Link

The current PS Eye already has a microphone array (and you can already video-chat with it...not that I know anyone that used it). That kind of resolution would be pretty impressive - I reckon 3D Skype calls might be an option. Bitches (read: Sony) love 3D.

Yeah, totally wouldn't be surprised if they ignore, for the most part, full body tracking. Gabe Newel said it, but head (preferably eye tracking but I don't think that resolution could track the eye...dunno) tracking, is an area of real interest. I'm going to keep having this sneaking suspicion that Steam and Playstation are going to get jiggy with each other.

It won't be 'new playing options', it will just be the one - butt ball!

tumblr_lxpr1mSeP81r6cr4mo1_500.gif

There better be backwards compatibility or there will be hell to pay.

Sony could make downloadable titles backwards compatible but not discs as a way of pushing customers towards digital distribution.

Speaking of digital distribution, is there any chance we might see 3rd parties selling download codes for titles off Playstation store? In an ideal world I should be able to walk into GAME/HMV or browse on Amazon and see the download code the same price or slightly cheaper than their disc counter part - including sales. Especially for the high street, this could be one of their very few options for remaining relevant, particularly if the no second hand games rumour is true.

More Kaz gifs from Gaf. I love the first one. :D

i97P4bk7nDuQ9.gif

Haha! This one, at the end, where he rips off the mask and Kaz has long flowing Tom Cruise hair is amazing.

---

LittleBigPlanet devs tease 'mysterious' new game

Media Molecule appears to be teasing a new unannounced game on its official website.

The LittleBigPlanet and Tearaway studio has included an unnamed title in its 'games' list. Listed as a question mark, the page links to a film clip for Toyah's 'It's a Mystery', and provides no other information.

The studio is currently working on Tearaway, a PS Vita exclusive scheduled to release some time in 2013.

I'm really interested to see what MM do with their first non-LBP game (excluding Tearaway).

LittleBigPlanet dev teases a new game ahead of Sony's PlayStation 4 event

MotorStorm RC game director Paul Rustchynsky also teased the PlayStation event by beginning a countdown on his Twitter account over the weekend.

Evolution Studios produced five MotorStorm games since 2006. The latest, downloadable spin-off MotorStorm: RC, launched last year. But the LinkedIn profile of design director Simon Barlow mentioned a larger "AAA first-party exclusive" title. This project has been in development since 2011, when the series' last major release MotorStorm: Apocalypse launched.

Shit is getting exciting. Paul Rustchynsky tweeted Evolution have 120 people at their studio at the moment, which is huge. I'm excited.

NINE DAYS TO GO.

Another rumour that fits nicely with a previous rumour: that ex-Bizarre staff are working for Evolution Studios (who now have a healthy amount of staff) and working on a "AAA" racer.

Another rumour that fits nicely with a previous rumour: that ex-Bizarre staff are working for Evolution Studios (who now have a healthy amount of staff) and working on a "AAA" racer.

I wonder if that rumour is referring to Lucid Games, or if this is a different fringe of ex Bizzare folk?

Sony's got a bit of a history with just swapping currency symbols around for Europe, but £350 would be incredibly reasonable for a next gen console launch price.

Sony's got a bit of a history with just swapping currency symbols around for Europe, but £350 would be incredibly reasonable for a next gen console launch price.

£350 would be! and off the shelf parts would certainly be cheaper than the £450 ps3..... who knows, maybe temptation will get the better of me and i'll get a launch model....maybe

The Vita would be a good indication. How much was that in the US when it launched? It was £230 here...I think.

Edit:

playstation-vita-price-release-window-announced.jpg

If it's $400 we might be able to creep in at £350. I got my Vita for £220 with a game and a memory card, so fingers crossed. I suspect Europe will just get shafted, though.

Edited by Daft

I am so FUCKING ready for the future. One week and two days. Are we all still fucking orgy bro-mancing in chat room?