NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Well It had to happen, now some bad news about the PS4.

46a732bfb2dc3010441ff61bb8723ceb65added1_jpg__576x480_q85.jpg

ae96b454d92446ee0334d106ec546b606d8f7cd7_jpg__576x480_q85.jpg

e7b911d69127023707c79989774b6c432c6a2efb_jpg__576x480_q85.jpg

I better sneak off now.............................

800JesusLookingDown.jpg

The Cerny speaketh.

Love this man. Someone should give him a TV show.

Edited by Daft

Looks like Liv Tyler after a severe allergic reaction

Steven-Tyler1.jpg

?

http://www.gamefreaks.co.nz/2013/07/12/sony-digital-library-accessible-playstation-4/

Sony Digital Libarary Accessible from any PS4

Sony has announced that gamers will be able to access their entire digital game library from any PlayStation 4 console.

“You can visit your friend’s house you can log into your account and play any PlayStation 4 game from your digital library,” said Sony R&D senior team leader Neil Brown. “This makes a digital library a practical option in the real world,” he added.

Microsoft was offering a similar service on the Xbox One, but this feature has remained unconfirmed since they reversed their online policies.

PlayStation 4 and Xbox One games will be released digitally alongside retail store copies, so all digital game libraries will become much more common in this next generation.

Brown also detailed Sony’s “Play As You Download” feature, which allows you to start a new game, even as its downloading. “You get much quicker access to at least the first section of the game so you can start playing quicker”, he added.

Don't know if Cerny talked about this stuff, will watch those videos now.

Probably nothing new to anyone here, but this is quite a nice little round up of PS4...features/things.

I didn't know about a few of the smaller details.

And....500GB hard drive. YES. Exactly. It is precisely this that makes me furious about the ridiculous Wii U.

I didn't know about a few of the smaller details.

And....500GB hard drive. YES. Exactly. It is precisely this that makes me furious about the ridiculous Wii U.

The Wii U wouldn't need a 500gig HDD as standard because installs are not required. Waste of resources. For those few who want large digital collections you just buy a 500gig USB drive for around the £30 mark.

Edited by madeinbeats

The Wii U wouldn't need a 500gig HDD as standard because installs are not required. Waste of resources. For those few who want large digital collections you just buy a 500gig USB drive for around the £30.

I'm not saying it needs 500GB, (heck, I'm not even saying it needs 16GB at this rate....haaiyyy-ohhhh) but 8GB/16GB is cluelessly and insultingly low.

And in an effort to not turn this into a Wii U thread and get it closed;

PS4 IS HAX.

I r guna get wotchdogs on lanch

The Wii U wouldn't need a 500gig HDD as standard because installs are not required. Waste of resources. For those few who want large digital collections you just buy a 500gig USB drive for around the £30.

Installs are required? That's rather shit.

I'm not saying it needs 500GB, (heck, I'm not even saying it needs 16GB at this rate....haaiyyy-ohhhh) but 8GB/16GB is cluelessly and insultingly low.

And in an effort to not turn this into a Wii U thread and get it closed;

PS4 IS HAX.

I r guna get wotchdogs on lanch

It's not just a Nintendo thing though. MS and Sony did/do sell PS3/360s with NO HDD whatsoever. No? If you need it, you upgrade it. PS4 / Xbone ab!solutely require a large HDD. Wii U absolutely does not. So it's more clued-up than clueless. SSD storage is more expensive per Gb than the old drives and much more safe when knocked or dropped.

Installs are required? That's rather shit.

Aye, but it installs games on-the-fly doesn't it? So you don't have to wait to play. Why, what were you planning on doing with your 500 free gigs lol.

Aye, but it installs games on-the-fly doesn't it? So you don't have to wait to play. Why, what were you planning on doing with your 500 free gigs lol.

When PS+ goes into full swing, 500GB won't last long.

It supports USB drives - USB3 I assume - and you can upgrade the internal. Can't upgrade the Xbone internal drive, only plug externals in. Regular HDDs are dirt cheap these days.

Edited by madeinbeats

I've existed through the entire past/current generation on a 60GB PS3, trust me... I'll find a way to make that 500GB on the PS4 last even with PS+ and mandatory game installs. ;)

I've existed through the entire past/current generation on a 60GB PS3, trust me... I'll find a way to make that 500GB on the PS4 last even with PS+ and mandatory game installs. ;)

Unless the eShop sees crazy Steam-like sales in the future, I may just scrape through on my 32Gb U. I've got 13Gb spare right now, and that's with around 10Gbs of demos that need deleting.

Start deleting stuff. You can always redownload them later and start playing them while doing so.

It's not the file sizes that I have an issue with. It's waiting for x% of the game to be installed. I have little patience.

The hard drive can be replaced, so what's the problem? You can get 1TB for £50 right now, by the end of the year I wouldn't be surprised if 1.5TB was around the £60-70 mark. By the time you fill that 500GB, there'll be 2TB for the same amount.

I'm not bothered about file size. I'm bothered about getting a new game and having to wait for it. Not a major issue, just an annoyance.

yeah game installs/downloads really don't bother me, otherwise this steam sale would be torture on both my nerves and wallet.

when i get more WiiU games digitally, i'll connect my portable hard drive

When my ps4 gets full i'll replace the hard drive if i i have to just like i had to with my 60gb ps3, which has a 320gb 7200 HDD in it i bought for £30 quite some time ago, hell by the time i fill a ps4 HDD 1TB will be that

A Vita like controller with an improved for factor, gutted of processor. I can see something like that happening, yeah. Also, if the Vita is £180 at the moment there is no chance in hell the Wii U pad is £100+.

What, a pointless comparison between Sony once trying to just change the form (but everyone maoned and they chickened out) and now a generation later - in which the technologicaly landscape is pretty much unrecognisable, post-iPad, post-Wii, post-iOS, post-Kinect - where Sony are looking to change the inate functionality of the controller?

No, no, you definitely do not have to.

I know you said no way is Wii U gamepad £100+ and yes as a value proposition yes your right but I think like component add up does come at something close to that for them to make money off it!

Looking at these two, here and here, I can't believe that.

The screen is a relatively crap one in the Wii U, too.

The screen is a relatively crap one in the Wii U, too.

Not as crap as the ones in your examples it seems.

The screen itself is just as you'd expect from a bargain basement product like this; colours are washed out, brightness is lacking and viewing angles are poor.

Sounds nothing like the GamePad screen.

I don't see why people are pretending like GamePads are available in shops and its offical RRP is £100.

Seeing as no one should really need to buy a GP until November arrives at the earliest should people just not wait until then to see how much the charge.

Personally, I don't see how any PS3/360/Wiimote+ cost as much as the do at the moment... I think they're all a complete rip-off.

The GamePad has a lot going on inside it though with gyros, NFC, BT, accelerometers, speakers IR blaster, camera, battery etc, etc... BoM of £30-£50 perhaps, then there's factory labour costs, logistics, licences etc, etc.

Edited by madeinbeats