NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Sorry if this has been posted, i've not gone through the whole thread...

BLA5KJfCcAECUv0.jpg:large

So I do wonder if there could be a PS4 teaser at halftime of CL Final this Saturday?

So I do wonder if there could be a PS4 teaser at halftime of CL Final this Saturday?

Yup, there's a trailer at the Champion's League final.

I also really like the tone of that advert. It gives me a lot of confidence that even in a newspaper their advert is "gamers, gamers, gamers" and not mainstream/casual stuff.

Well it's FIFA gamers, so not exactly OMG hardocree 1337!!!111one gamers.

Saw this on the way to work today, made me unhealthily excited.

But guys...you're missing the big news...right in front of you...

The PS4 is will be out this year in Europe.

tumblr_mn55lpXKVn1qa3zmpo1_500.gif

The PS4 is will be out this year in Europe.

That was obvious when they mentioned the advert about a month ago.

Don't forget the rumoured Champions League final ad tomorrow :) Could that be a better oppertunity than E3 to show the console?

That was obvious when they mentioned the advert about a month ago.

You use the word 'obvious' like you've never lived through a console launch.

If I wasn't still paying rent for my room up in Manchester I'd be loaded right now. I'd be getting a PS4 without a doubt.

To get one at launch I'd probably have to sell my new super-slim console and all my games. Definitely not going to do that, what with The Last of Us, Beyond, and a slew of PS+ stuff to look forward to.

I am getting faint tingles for the PS4 though.

So worldwide launch? I hope they keep many aspects of the PS3 in like Removable HDD, region free, batteries built into controllers etc.

So worldwide launch? I hope they keep many aspects of the PS3 in like Removable HDD, region free, batteries built into controllers etc.

They could go one stop further and make the Blu-Ray region free. I can't get stuff like Futurama because of the region locking.

Still don't really understand what this game is, the puzzles shown look ridiculously easy, so that can't be it.

I like the idea of a puzzle across a whole island though!

So they have no clue themselves how the game finishes? :p

Bring on the Polar Bears!

I think it's the autobiography of that man and how he sought spiritual guidance atop an isolated mountain before puzzling his way back off the island.

His revelation was to make a game about it.

It will turn out that the island isn't the puzzle: you are.

Reminds me of the PS2 start-up sequence, probably intentional.

Best start-up:

I would buy a PS4 at launch if it had a slightly altered version of that.

Displays in supermarkets? Doesn't that mean the console has already been out for a couple of months?

I think maybe they did it pre-emptively for the MS announcement, but as it turns out it wasn't really needed.

I reckon it's an August release date. Big push in the papers today, in-store displays starting to appear, massive advert during the Chapions League final - it wouldn't be an insane idea that this is the beginning of a three month lead up to release (so six months after being announced in February).

Edited by Daft

Will there be games for August though?... All the multiplatform third party stuff is later isn't it?

Yeah, most the multiplatform stuff hits in November, a couple are late October. I'm sure Sony could cover for two months with their first parties if they chose to - Knack, Drive Club and Killzone followed by Infamous a month later maybe. It's a good point, though. Who knows?

FIFA hits September. Diablo III would probably be ready to fit in somewhere.

Edited by Daft

They could go one stop further and make the Blu-Ray region free. I can't get stuff like Futurama because of the region locking.

Hmm so the PS3's Blu-Ray players isn't region free? Or perhaps not any more...

I have an original model NTSC PS3 and I have played Blu-Ray's on it that are Region A and Region B, however I only actually found out recently that it could play region B discs when I bought Skyfall.

Surely for the PS4 they could in theory just make the blu-ray region free? That would surely be a - minor - selling point if they could get around it.