NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

It's a PlayStation branded PC! :p

Yup. Looks like a mini PC tower. Surprising that it's quite angular as Sony's recent console designs are generally rounded off.

When is the Xbox conference, tomorrow?

Yup. Expert timing on Sony's part!

It's a PlayStation branded PC! :p

It almost literally is.

The Xbox thing is at 6pm tomorrow.

Untitled_4.jpg

Edit:

Screen_shot_2013_05_20_at_16_50_26.png

Screen_shot_2013_05_20_at_16_57_07.png

Love it.

EDIT 2:

MI3-Kazification.gif

Edited by Daft

EDIT: Oh Euro's...

so £349.99?

Euros or Dollars doesn't really matter. We generally see an unfair 1:1 conversion into Euro then it gets turned into Pounds.

So £299.99?... would be happy with that! :)

EDIT: Oh Euro's...

so £349.99?

£350 is about what I was expecting BUT €399 comes to about £399 when you factor in VAT.

Im just gonna ignore it until we get an official announcement. We still have enough time left that any prices could change anyway. Who knows, this could all just be a ploy to get MS to announce their prices first so Sony can get undercut them.

£350 to £399 hmmm guess i will definately be waiting six months or more

Edited by Agent Gibbs

Im just gonna ignore it until we get an official announcement. We still have enough time left that any prices could change anyway. Who knows, this could all just be a ploy to get MS to announce their prices first so Sony can get undercut them.

This conjecture does amuse.

With number of times Sony have trolled Microsoft recently that actually wouldn't surprise me.

Given that the leaked specs were spot on. No chance of that happening. PS4 is the expensive hardcore box. Xbox One is the every persons box and the WiiU is for Nintendo fans.

Thats surely a good thing, we have a playstation boot up sound produced by daft punk? new sony 3D headsets stylised on Daft Punk helmets.....

i've got daft punk on the brain today

Two and a half week until E3.

iTxQ7Y4ExeNe1.gif

Anyone got any predictions?

I'm just going to get it out the way and jinx it now, The Last Guardian will be shown.

This was just an excuse to post that gif.

I've always wondered how people make those gifs. Do they just go in and photoshop the faces in frame by frame, or is there a less time-consuming way of doing it?

HOUSEMARQUE DEVELOPING A “SPIRITUAL SUCCESSOR” TO THE SUPER STARDUST FRANCHISE ON PLAYSTATION 4

http://www.housemarqueblog.com/housemarque/housemarque-developing-a-spiritual-successor-to-the-super-stardust-franchise-on-playstation-4/2013/05/23/

Helsinki, Finland, May 23 – Housemarque, the award winning developer of downloadable hit titles such as Dead Nation, Outland and Super Stardust HD, announced they are hard at work on a (still unnamed) “spiritual successor” to the Super Stardust franchise. The game will be released as a PlayStation®4 (PS4) exclusive.

That's literally it as far as details go but I'm glad they're reverting back to a more Stardust styled game, despite Dead Nation being good in local co-op.

Edit: they've actually got two PS4 games in the pipeline apparently

//

Also - It's funny how often reviewers bring up the competitive nature of high scores in games and how we build rivalries with friends because of them. That doesn't happen. The only time I remember taking note of high scores was when we compared them on the forum for SS:HD, which was kinda fun for a bit. Nobody really cares though.

Btw I was on Motorstorm Apocalypse the other day and after finishing one of the courses I noticed that I'd beaten everyone on the forum by a full 40 seconds, and it was my first attempt at it too. Imagine what I could've done with more practice.

Just something to think about.

Edited by dwarf

Btw I was on Motorstorm Apocalypse the other day and after finishing one of the courses I noticed that I'd beaten Cookyman by a full 40 seconds, and it was my first attempt at it too. Imagine what I could've done with more practice.

Just something to think about.

Fixed for you.