NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

16 minutes ago, Goafer said:

Has Stardew Valley disappeared from the PSN Store for anyone else, or is it just me? I have the game downloaded and wanted to play it on the Vita, but it seems to have vanished from both the Vita and PS4 store.

Can't find it on the German PSN store. If I use google, I can get to the PSN store page, but it's not available to buy. I bought it quite some time ago, but it should say "already bought" or something. Only thing it says is: "Add to wishlist".

Something's not right.

I would assume it's the same for you in the UK (assuming you're based in the UK): PSN Store link for Stardew Valley

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Can't find it on the German PSN store. If I use google, I can get to the PSN store page, but it's not available to buy. I bought it quite some time ago, but it should say "already bought" or something. Only thing it says is: "Add to wishlist".

Something's not right.

I would assume it's the same for you in the UK (assuming you're based in the UK): PSN Store link for Stardew Valley

Yeah, I can find the webpage for it, but no buy button. It's not on the PS4 or Vita store, so I assume it's been taken down or temporarily unavailable. 

That's really annoying and a prime example of why I'll never fully trust digital only games.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Goafer said:

Yeah, I can find the webpage for it, but no buy button. It's not on the PS4 or Vita store, so I assume it's been taken down or temporarily unavailable. 

That's really annoying and a prime example of why I'll never fully trust digital only games.

Can you still find it through your library? You need to have already purchased it of course.

Edited by Tales

7 hours ago, Goafer said:

The creator has confirmed that it’s just an issue with the age rating on the store and he’s currently working with Sony to get it back up.

Edited by Happenstance
  • Like 1

Couple of good PS4 deals on Amazon today. Ace Combat 7 for £11 and Hitman 2 for £8.

I was sure I made a thread about Genshin Impact, but can't find it.
Anyways, here's a new trailer:

Still looks great. Love the combat.

This is apparently a F2P game, though. A bit disappointed, 'cause there will obviously be a myriad of monetization. Will still give it a go, if it comes to the west.

Goron mentioned it in the other thread, but thought it was worth sharing some more details and a bit more of the breakdown here. This is taken from this excellent OP over on ResetEra

Highlights :

• Over $5.63B Revenue and $1.152B Profit between April-June 2020 (Q1 FY20)
    • Biggest Revenue ever for PlayStation (and for any platform holder) during Q1
      • Top 3 biggest Q1 Revenue ever is :
        1. Sony Q1 FY20
        2. Sony Q1 FY18
        3. Sony Q1 FY19
      • To show how big Revenue are, Q1 FY20 Revenue are higher than any quarter of Xbox (even Oct-Dec quarters)
    • Biggest Revenue ever for PlayStation (and for any platform holder) during a non-Holiday quarter (non-Q3)
      • Top 5 biggest non-Q3 Revenue ever is :
        1. Sony Q1 FY20 (April-June 2020 - FF7R/TLOU Part II)
        2. Sony Q2 FY18 (July-Sept 2018 - Spider-Man)
        3. Sony Q4 FY18 (Jan-Mar 2019)
        4. Sony Q1 FY18 (April-June 2018 - God of War/Detroit)
        5. Sony Q1 FY19 (April-June 2019 - Days Gone)
    • 9th biggest Revenue ever for any platform holder during any quarter
      • The 8 quarters ahead are all Q3 (Oct-Dec) from Sony (4) and Nintendo (4)
    • Best Operating Profit ever for PlayStation during Q1
      • Best Operating Profit ever for any platform holder during Q1
    • Best Operating Profit ever for PlayStation during any quarter
      • 1st time, profits during a quarter exceed $1 Billion for PlayStation !
  • Hardware : 1.9m PS4 sold-in during Q1 FY20 (LTD: 112.3m)
    • 3rd biggest shipments for any console during its 7th Q1 (only behind PS1 and PS2)
  • Software : 91.0m games sold-in during Q1 FY20
    • Highest software sales during Q1 in video game history
      • During the past 3 Q1, PS4 set each time a new software sales record for the industry
      • More games have been sold during this Q1 compared to all Q3 (Oct-Dec) during PS4 era !!!
    • PS4 is the only console to have 3 Q1 with over 40m games sold
    • PS4 Software LTD almost reached 1.300B games sold (not including "download only software titles" before Q1 FY20)
  • Software digital ratio : 74% during Q1 FY20 (April-June 2020)
    • Highest digital ratio ever during a quarter
  • PlayStation Store had its biggest Revenue ever during Q1 with more than $3.67B
    • Biggest Revenue ever during any quarter
    • including Digital Software & Add-on content
  • PlayStation Software & Services saw their biggest Revenue ever during Q1 with more than $4.89B
    • Biggest Revenue ever during any quarter
    • including Physical / Digital Software & Add-on content / Services
  • New Informations given in financial results
    • 113M MAU (monthly active users)
    • 18.5M first-party games sold during Q1 FY20 (vs 11.7M in Q1 FY19)
      • 1 game out of 5 sold this quarter was a Sony first-party game
  • FY2020 Forecast :
    • $23.4B Revenue & $2.24B Profit... it would be:
      • Biggest Revenue for PlayStation (and for any platform holder) in video game history
      • 2nd best Operating Profit ever for PlayStation

Biggest takeaways for me:

- best quarter in PlayStation history

- best Q1 ever for PlayStation (or any platform holder)

- for the past three Q1's, PlayStation has broken 

- the PS4 is still tracking ahead of the PS2's lifetime sales

- 44 million PS+ subscribers (up from 36.2 million this time last year)

- PlayStation makes up a whopping 48% of Sony's profits

They are incredibly well positioned going into the next generation, no surprise that their best quarter was bookended by Final Fantasy VII Remake and The Last of Us Part II. Barring any disasters relating to price or any other potential barriers, I honestly don't know what Xbox could do to change things. Even with Game Pass, they would have to sell that to a lot more consumers to surpass Sony in any major way. If they can bring PlayStation Now up to snuff, I think they can effectively freeze them out of doing any real damage to them next gen. 

• Like 1

They really do know what they're doing and haven't been resting on their laurels for the past 7 years. Very impressive.

Still, they could botch up the immediate future significantly with a high PS5 price POINT. It's kind of exciting to see how Sony will handle it :D

15 minutes ago, Julius said:

I honestly don't know what Xbox could do to change things

Especially considering how bad their XBX showings have been so far. Bit of a shame as I would've liked MS and Sony to be in a constant state of eye-to-eye competition to push each other further.

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

Pretty amazing numbers and the stock price has had a nice bump off the back of it.

It totally makes sense that they’ve done well and where that revenue has come from. People have been locked down during the last quarter and generally governments have been propping up peoples income. It totally makes sense that some of that money is going on digital game purchases.

What’s a bit more worrying (not just for Sony) is what happens from here out. If we get more lockdown and less government support we have the potential for a recession of pretty massive proportions. There is the potential that this and all the other great results companies are posting are one final hurrah before we go into a pretty big dip on consumer spending. 

Lockdowns helping money in for video games atm! On which note I am completely unneccessarily getting angsty for something new to play and discard after an hour or two - cant make my mind up! Contemplating NiNoKuni 2 but worried I'll lose focus quick - anyone who's played give a quick rundown of major differences between 1 and 2?

3 hours ago, drahkon said:

They really do know what they're doing and haven't been resting on their laurels for the past 7 years. Very impressive.

Still, they could botch up the immediate future significantly with a high PS5 price POINT. It's kind of exciting to see how Sony will handle it :D

I think keeping hardware as low as possible whilst it doesn't bring immediate money to their own pockets but gets the system out and about is really what they need to do. I've always been curious about why more console makers don't attempt to make more of their own 'launch bundles' - pack a load of stuff together and share some of the margin losses but it means you could get publishers on boards and also give them sales directly tied to your own?

2 hours ago, will' said:

What’s a bit more worrying (not just for Sony) is what happens from here out. If we get more lockdown and less government support we have the potential for a recession of pretty massive proportions. There is the potential that this and all the other great results companies are posting are one final hurrah before we go into a pretty big dip on consumer spending. 

To counter this - you also have a lot of people who are better off in a post-lockdown world - both saving money on travel and having more free time due to not travelling. We also might expect to see a bigger push to digital and away from preowned games in shops - which means more money back to Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo.

As far as gaming goes, it's also very good value for money. I bought the game Overwatch for around 40 quid at launch and I've logged probably close to 1,500 hours from it. People might generally have less money across the board but I don't feel like gaming will bear the brunt of that. We might see slightly slower uptake of the new gaming consoles but part of me thinks that the opposite will be true (assuming the consoles are priced reasonably) - and we might see record new console uptake.

9 hours ago, Sheikah said:

To counter this - you also have a lot of people who are better off in a post-lockdown world - both saving money on travel and having more free time due to not travelling. We also might expect to see a bigger push to digital and away from preowned games in shops - which means more money back to Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo.

There’s a lot of people like this right now, whether that continues I wouldn’t be so sure. If the rest of this year is as bad as many think it will be spending on anything outside of essentials is going to be pretty small.

9 hours ago, Sheikah said:

As far as gaming goes, it's also very good value for money. I bought the game Overwatch for around 40 quid at launch and I've logged probably close to 1,500 hours from it. People might generally have less money across the board but I don't feel like gaming will bear the brunt of that. We might see slightly slower uptake of the new gaming consoles but part of me thinks that the opposite will be true (assuming the consoles are priced reasonably) - and we might see record new console uptake.

Totally agree with that, gaming is definitely great value for money. I also wouldn’t bet against record launches for the new consoles, there will be enough people who have money to get them straight away, we just may see a much deeper and longer lasting lull afterwards than we’re used to.

On 04/08/2020 at 3:35 PM, Sheikah said:

Ngl Overwatch has ofc as you know done very similar for me and its gonna be pretty big a factor to to help convince me to purchase a PS5 - I'm just wondering where is my limit? I have a Switch now but I didn't buy it and still not sure I could/would pay that retail price.

Then tho...£500 for a console+game I may alone get 1500+ hours out of? It sure is a nice way to break it down to convince oneself the purchase :p

Getting an urge to play Killzone again at the moment. Even though it wasn’t particularly good it feels like it might be a nice bookend to this gen.

Such a shame that the base digital version of Spider-Man rarely goes on sale on the PSN anymore. I have the disc and I have all the dlc but it's a game I've wanted to re-buy digitally for convenience sake. Problem is the goty version is the one that now goes on sale but I don't need that as I have all the dlc seperately :cry:

You don't need the GOTY edition because you have all the DLC already but you do need the base game which you have already?

3 minutes ago, Ashley said:

You don't need the GOTY edition because you have all the DLC already but you do need the base game which you have already?

Yes because I want it digitally.

6 hours ago, Happenstance said:

Such a shame that the base digital version of Spider-Man rarely goes on sale on the PSN anymore. I have the disc and I have all the dlc but it's a game I've wanted to re-buy digitally for convenience sake. Problem is the goty version is the one that now goes on sale but I don't need that as I have all the dlc seperately :cry:

Is there a huge price difference between the base version and DLC version when both are on sale? If it's only a couple of quid, it may be worth doing anyway. 

1 minute ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Is there a huge price difference between the base version and DLC version when both are on sale? If it's only a couple of quid, it may be worth doing anyway. 

Yeah about a tenner. Enough that that's why I'm moaning.

2 hours ago, Happenstance said:

Yeah about a tenner. Enough that that's why I'm moaning.

That's a pain. A big enough difference to make it worth waiting a bit longer for the base game in a deal. How annoying.