NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

6 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Never bought or played that game. Will it look a bit dated by now or will it hold up well?

The PS3 version looks amazing. This should be even better.

The game's also better than the Zelda games, so :p

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Tales said:

Congrats on your soon to be 200th platinum @Hero of Time ! What's the game you will be getting it with?

Probably some 90p slide puzzle game :p

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Tales said:

Congrats on your soon to be 200th platinum @Hero of Time ! What's the game you will be getting it with?

I'm not sure. Final Fantasy games have been big milestones for my platinums ( think FFX was 100 and FFXV was 150 ) but I'm not currently playing one so it will have to be another game. I could stick with the S-E theme and do Kingdom Hearts or Nier.

36 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Probably some 90p slide puzzle game :p

Nah, I think that was 190 or something. :D

• Haha 1

Final Fantasy IX on the way?

The Pan European Game Information board has rated Final Fantasy IX for PlayStation 4.

The rating would imply Square Enix is bringing the numbered Final Fantasy title, which was first released for PSone in 2000 and then ported to iOS, Android, and PC in 2016, to PlayStation 4. The PlayStation 4 version would likely be a port of the PC version.

This is great but where the hell is FFVIII?

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 1

USA announce:

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/10/03/gran-turismo-sport-free-limited-time-demo-launching-october-9/

All PS4 owners can play a beta style demo for Gran Turismo Sport for 4 days.

Progress carries over including cars unlocked, credit has a 1 million limit.

Demo will start you off in the campaign and you can progress to unlock a few more stuff. Sport, Scapes, Arcade and afew other stuff will be available.

Gran Turismo SportGran Turismo Sport

Edited by Choze

I'm selling my ps3 and games if a anyone is interested before I whack it on eBay. Think I remember @shorty saying he knew someone who may be interested...

10 minutes ago, dazzybee said:

I'm selling my ps3 and games if a anyone is interested before I whack it on eBay. Think I remember @shorty saying he knew someone who may be interested...

I remember saying that I'd be interested as well, I've been looking for a reasonably priced but good condition PS3 console for my brother as he keeps saying he'll get one but never does. :p

It's a top-loading super slim model with 500GB isn't it? Is it boxed? (not bothered if it isn't) What colour is it? and what games are you selling? Out of interest... and obviously I'd need to know what price you're after. :)

Anyway, it's your console and you're free to sell it to whoever you like of course but my offer is there. :peace:

Edited by S.C.G

This looks right up my alley.

It also looks a little creepy...which is not good for me :D

Out now, free to play.

From what I understand: You can "buy" the characters by paying with ingame currency which you by playing the game. And then there's cosmetics (skins, taunts, etc) which you can buy for real money.

Played it a bit (only training) and it's not bad. It's pretty fun, actually. There's the obvious Smash Bros comparison, but I have to say Brawlhalla feels a little different. It's kind of simpler (i.e. very few items, very limited moveset) but this makes it deeper, if that makes any sense? :laughing: 

• Thanks 1

Yooo rouge trooper redux. I didn’t realize this was a thing. Never got to experience the original (nor the apparent Wii version?) so snatching that up now. Not jumping for the switch version though. 

There are also currently some decent deals on various horror related titles. Loosely defined horror. DMC4 and DmC both made the cut as did Metal Slug. Regardless, Alien Isolation Collection is 75% off Dead Island remastered is 75% RE7 Deluxe is 50%. 

Of course I just realized I’m assuming EU has same or similar sales as the US. 

Yeah the sale is pretty good. Divinity: Original Sin is part of it. Can't stop playing...still in the first town trying to solve a murder case :D

I'll probably buy the two Wolfenstein games at the end of the month. 10€ for both seems like a nice deal.

On 06/10/2017 at 9:59 AM, S.C.G said:

I remember saying that I'd be interested as well, I've been looking for a reasonably priced but good condition PS3 console for my brother as he keeps saying he'll get one but never does. :p

It's a top-loading super slim model with 500GB isn't it? Is it boxed? (not bothered if it isn't) What colour is it? and what games are you selling? Out of interest... and obviously I'd need to know what price you're after. :)

Anyway, it's your console and you're free to sell it to whoever you like of course but my offer is there. :peace:

Sorry for the delayed respond, I didn't venture here too often and forgot :D

All in a great condition, and I'm certain I have box and such as I keep them for eveytthign and I have a box cupboard... It'll be in there.

It's black. I don't know what's reasonable to be honest, around £50?

Games I have are Last of us, orange box, portal 2, bio shock, fall out 3 (sealed) new began (sealed); I'm sure I have a batch of others in a box too like the uncharted games and batman games.... I'll fish all them out too.

10 hours ago, dazzybee said:

Sorry for the delayed respond, I didn't venture here too often and forgot :D

All in a great condition, and I'm certain I have box and such as I keep them for eveytthign and I have a box cupboard... It'll be in there.

It's black. I don't know what's reasonable to be honest, around £50?

Games I have are Last of us, orange box, portal 2, bio shock, fall out 3 (sealed) new began (sealed); I'm sure I have a batch of others in a box too like the uncharted games and batman games.... I'll fish all them out too.

No worries, I appreciate you getting back to me. :smile:

£50 sounds about right for it, I'd be happy to pay that... is that including postage? Happy to chuck in a few quid for posting if necessary. :)

Happy to buy the sealed PS3 games off you too, depending on how much you want for them. :D (plus I'll buy all the Uncharted titles off you to start off my brothers collection)

Let me know how much you'd like with those games and I'll PayPal you some money. :peace:

I've played Divinity: Original Sin for 10h since Wednesday. It's fucking amazing. Still in the first area/region.

Hit a wall, though, as there are two fights I need to win but I just can't...the enemies almost always wreck me in their first turn and there is no way for me to defeat them all even if I survive once...And as far as I'm aware (i.e. I've explored everything that I can access) there are no other fights available right now.

Edit: Managed to win one fight against 3 Undead Archers and 3 Undead Fighters. Decided to split this fight into two phases:

1. I used the environment to my advantage: created an oil surface on a narrow path where three of the Archers (those guys always are the most dangerous it seems) were standing on; set the oil on fire; Archers take burning damage; burning area forces the three melee enemies to walk a much longer way to my party; after I defeated the Archers I fled the area; commence phase 2
  2. go back and wreck the remaning Undead Fighters :D

It's my first RPG of this kind. I'm still kind of overwhelmed with everything there is to do. I've been spending most of my time exploring, fighting, talking to people, completing various quests, pickpocketing, stealing, inventory management (oh boy, I neglected this for a couple of hours and now I'm afraid to do it again :laughing:)...haven't even looked at crafting, blacksmithing, the absolute insane amount of skills I could buy...

There's one fight I have to win which will advance the main quest but there's no way I can do it right now. Have to think about it some more.

However, with the battle against the Undead I won just now I can explore some more, so that's what I will do.

This game...

Edited by drahkon

Really good sales debut for GT Sport. http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-10-23-solid-start-for-gran-turismo-sport-in-congested-week-for-uk-games-retail

Bigger debut than LOTR Middle Earth: Shadow of War on all formats. 

Unseats FIFA amazingly.

South Park did great too with a physical debut just slightly lower than the last game, but with digital sales I am sure its done much better.

On 20/10/2017 at 11:05 PM, S.C.G said:

No worries, I appreciate you getting back to me. :smile:

£50 sounds about right for it, I'd be happy to pay that... is that including postage? Happy to chuck in a few quid for posting if necessary. :)

Happy to buy the sealed PS3 games off you too, depending on how much you want for them. :D (plus I'll buy all the Uncharted titles off you to start off my brothers collection)

Let me know how much you'd like with those games and I'll PayPal you some money. :peace:

Are there any particular PS3 titles you might be after SCG? I got a dirty deal on a PS3 about 5 years back with a ton of games I thought I'd sell on or play but never did. If there's anything I've got your bro might want(unlikely to be anything rare/valuable or sealed) I can have a look if I've got it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rummy said:

Are there any particular PS3 titles you might be after SCG? I got a dirty deal on a PS3 about 5 years back with a ton of games I thought I'd sell on or play but never did. If there's anything I've got your bro might want(unlikely to be anything rare/valuable or sealed) I can have a look if I've got it.

There might be. :)

Thanks for the offer Rummy, do you happen to have a picture of the games or a list please? If you do then I could let you know from that if there's any titles I might be interested in to bolster my brothers collection (he's already got a few games in preparation) and we could maybe come to a deal if there are a few titles perhaps? :D

Off the top of my head though, he'd probably be interested in the inFamous titles at least, or in any case I'm going to try and get him into them because I think it's a fantastic series. :peace:

From PlayStation’s Paris Games Week blog:

But plan to tune in early at 8:00am [Pacific]! We’ll begin with an introductory livestream featuring 21 game updates, including seven all-new game announcements for PS4 and PS VR. You won’t want to miss it.

Then at 9:00am [Pacific], our Media Showcase will give you an exclusive new look at the next wave of huge PlayStation titles.

Man, I’m excited.

A new look at Dreams (if it’s still in development) perhaps? 7 new games being announced here makes me wonder about what they might be leaving for PSX, if anything (one of them probably rhymes with Hood-Horn Flu).

Roll on 15:00 GMT on Monday!

Edited by Julius Caesar

1 hour ago, Julius Caesar said:

From PlayStation’s Paris Games Week blog:

Man, I’m excited.

A new look at Dreams (if it’s still in development) perhaps? 7 new games being announced here makes me wonder about what they might be leaving for PSX, if anything (one of them probably rhymes with Hood-Horn Flu).

Roll on 15:00 GMT on Monday!

When is Paris Games Week? 

Looking forward to new stuff. Although, to be honest, Overwatch is taking up virtually every second of my gaming time. I have all of these games that I'm not playing because of it.