• Sonic Mania
  • Matterfall
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Undertale
  • Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
  • Everybody's Golf
  • Yakuza: Kiwami
  • Pillars of Eternity

Only a few of the games that are coming in August...holy smokes.

• Like 3

I'm interested to see how Cities: Skylines is going to play on the PS4. It runs on @Eenuh's MacBook, but it reaaaaaaally works it hard. I want to play more of it, but she obviously needs the MacBook for work and I doubt it'll run on my laptop.

There's a ton of expansion packs that got released for it that I want to play, too.

• Patapon Remastered
  • Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
  • Sonic Mania
  • Matterfall
  • Undertale
  • Everybody's Golf
  • Pillars of Eternity

I forgot Undertale is coming to PS4. Very much looking forward to that.

Edit: and Vita. Wonder if it'll be cross buy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, drahkon said:
  • Patapon Remastered
  • Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
  • Sonic Mania
  • Matterfall
  • Undertale
  • Everybody's Golf
  • Pillars of Eternity

More games to the backlog.

I'm really interested in Cities:Skylines. I loved Sim City as a kid.

I'm only interested in Cities, but I'm very excited about it. I do own it on steam, and I have since got a laptop that can run it well I suppose, but I simply prefer console gaming. Pre ordered it yesterday.

Not a lot in August then:cry:Poor wallet

Out of that list, got Sonic Mania and Uncharted: The Lost Legacy ordered.

On 31/07/2017 at 8:38 AM, Shorty said:

Why do people keep breaking the price down as if that proves a point?

It's only 13.6 pence a day guys! That's a really small amount!

The fact is, it used to be free, it's not particularly fast or reliable, the quality of free games has plummeted instead of going up with the price, and a huge majority of games use P2P connections and only use servers for matchmaking etc. It doesn't really matter if it's not much per week because the price you're quoting is only true when paying for a year lump sum, and it's that amount that matters. And whether or not you in your cushy job can afford it isn't always the issue, what's the 13 year old budding gamer like yourself from [redacted] years ago gonna do when that annual sub rolls around?

Fuck anything else. Even at 40 quid a year that's what..£3.33 a month? Even considering the free games(admittedly mixed but you get a few) that's pretty good. Consider the online functionality of the system, gaming and servers(honestly rarely have issues, the most common seem p2p NAT based if anything) and really - as I think you even mentioned otherwise here or elsewhere - with inflation it's still a pretty good service for what it offers.

Plus+ I just renewed a year during summer days sale for 30 quid. £2.50 a month. I've played alienation maybe 6-8 hours this past week(free ps+ game) alone in addition to overwatching for probably 10-15.

Call that 20 and it's what....12.5p per hours gaming? Probably even less for folks other than me or when I go even harder on a a ps+ title. EDIT: did I fuck my maths and not seperate monthly and weekly? In that event it's actually quarter of the above and closer at about 3-4p an hour.

I must admit I've no idea what ms offer these days but the ps+ service does good enough for me. Like almost anyone, all the time, I want things cheaper but really this isn't one to complain about.

Ever buy a 40-50quid N64 game as a kid and realise but it's too late? Compare that to PS+ and you're really bloody laughing - especially as a working grown up with money coming in!

3 hours ago, Rummy said:

Ever buy a 40-50quid N64 game as a kid and realise but it's too late?

N64 games were mostly bought for birthdays or second hand, without a box. I remember buying WWF No Mercy second hand for about £30+ quite a while after release. We've got it much better now in that department.

Still, I can see why people are aggrieved by it. It is more money when it comes down to it. Obviously, not as much as the British Gas hike announced today, but it's still money. I hope that the money does get used wisely or we get better games for PS+, etc.

On 8/1/2017 at 6:27 PM, Fierce_LiNk said:

N64 games were mostly bought for birthdays or second hand, without a box. I remember buying WWF No Mercy second hand for about £30+ quite a while after release. We've got it much better now in that department.

Still, I can see why people are aggrieved by it. It is more money when it comes down to it. Obviously, not as much as the British Gas hike announced today, but it's still money. I hope that the money does get used wisely or we get better games for PS+, etc.

What i'd like (and i'm not sure if many would agree on this) is if the PS3 part of PS+ ended, which it's likely to seeing as their can't be that many games left to provide for a console that has recently stopped being produced.  What i'd like to see is possibly 1 or 2 PS Now games included for PS+ subs per month and/or a big PS4 title and a smaller indie game (i don't complain about the PS4 indie game offerings on PS+, it gave me a chance to play games i'd never have thought about playing before).

If the service remains the same, then i can fully understand why people are upset over the increase.

I simply want to know what i'm getting for the extra money they are asking for. I can afford the increase but I would like it to be justified. The speculation is that we may see why the price has been increased once the 5.0 update hits.

@Jimbob The problem with PS Now service being added to PS+ is that it's a stream service. Some people may not be able to take advantage of these games because they don't have a strong internet connection. I agree though that the PS3 and the even Vita have pretty much run their course as part of the service. 

PS Now isn't even available in all countries, so I don't think they will be added to plus before that changes.

They could justify the increase by doing what they did with Rocket League, which was to release it on PS+ for free on release. That was an awesome deal for us and the game turned out to be a hit. I got dozens of hours out of that game, if not hundreds. So, releasing the higher quality indie games on there at release.

Increasing the quality of the PS4 releases would help. We've just got Until Dawn and we will be having Just Cause 3, so that's both a step in the right direction.

Personally, I'd be in favour of integrating PSNow with PS+ and would count that as a huge bonus for me. I know I'm one of the lucky ones where there are tons of games that I haven't played on Now and my connection is good enough to do so.

@Hero-of-Time Maybe Sony might allow PS Now games to be downloaded to the PS4, for those whose internet isn't speedy or reliable enough to run the service.  I'd have jumped on PS Now if downloads were available of the titles.

5 minutes ago, Jimbob said:

@Hero-of-Time Maybe Sony might allow PS Now games to be downloaded to the PS4, for those whose internet isn't speedy or reliable enough to run the service.  I'd have jumped on PS Now if downloads were available of the titles.

I don't even think that's possible. The whole purpose of PSNow was because it was too much hassle for Sony to rework the older games to be compatible with the PS4 hardware, hence why there have been older PS2 and PS3 games released as download titles in drips and drabs. PSNow eliminates that as you're just streaming the game for elsewhere, so it doesn't necessarily matter about the hardware that you're using.

If you haven't enabled the 2FA on your PS account, please do it right now. Stork almost lost his! 

Edited by DriftKaiser

6 hours ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

I don't even think that's possible. The whole purpose of PSNow was because it was too much hassle for Sony to rework the older games to be compatible with the PS4 hardware, hence why there have been older PS2 and PS3 games released as download titles in drips and drabs. PSNow eliminates that as you're just streaming the game for elsewhere, so it doesn't necessarily matter about the hardware that you're using.

If Microsoft can do it with the Xbox One (even though at one point they themselves said it wasn't possible), i'm sure it's possible for Sony to do it with the PS4.

Who knows really.

On 8/3/2017 at 4:47 PM, Jimbob said:

If Microsoft can do it with the Xbox One (even though at one point they themselves said it wasn't possible), i'm sure it's possible for Sony to do it with the PS4.

Who knows really.

I'm sure it would be possible, but 360/One are much closer to each other in architecture than PS3/4. It likely is a lot more work to get a PS3 game emulating on the 4. 

According to two independent sources, both verified by Kotaku UK, Capcom is porting Okami to PS4 and Xbox One and it will see release this December.

The evidence we've seen shows that two different European retail chains have recently added Okami HD to their internal upcoming physical releases calendar. Both retail chains are in different parts of the EU, and both list the game as releasing on 12th December 2017. The detail of the physical release is especially interesting, as the 2012 HD release on PS3 was only available as a download in the west (despite the Japanese boxed release featuring multi-region language support).

Capcom may as well be a porting company at this point.

16 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yeah, I don't think they're doing very well at the moment.

Yay, another version of Okami for me to buy and never play. :heh:

• Like 1

On 8/14/2017 at 7:48 AM, Hero-of-Time said:

Fuck it, as long as God Hand gets an HD version I think I'm okay with the ports

See you are playing the Late Shift @ Hero-of-Time . Played and platinumed it a few weeks ago myself. It has to be the least interactive game I have ever played but I really enjoyed the "game" and the story.

Edited by Tales

19 minutes ago, Tales said:

See you are playing the Late Shift @ Hero-of-Time . Played and platinumed it a few weeks ago myself. It has to be the least interactive game I have ever played but I really enjoyed the "game" and the story.

Yeah, i'm on a bit of a platinum hunt at the moment. I quite enjoyed the story and while some of the acting was a bit rough, I thought the main guy done a good job, overall. I even got a good chuckle at a couple of scenes.

Spoiler

I had a good laugh at the little old lady at the auction. Her face when Matt kicked off about how much was being spent was great. :D 

• Like 1