NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Thanks for the shout on Stardew Valley @Tales - gonna pick it up this evening methinks! Might use it as an excuse to spur me back into playing BotW which I haven't touched for about a month. Damn PS4 just keeps taking all my gaming attention with Overwatch and now Alienation!

Damn PS4 just keeps taking all my gaming attention with Overwatch and now Alienation!

You enjoying Alienation? I played it last year and loved it to bits. It's a fantastic game and i'm surprised i'm not seeing more people on my FL playing it, especially as it's a great co-op experience.

Thanks for the shout on Stardew Valley @Tales - gonna pick it up this evening methinks! Might use it as an excuse to spur me back into playing BotW which I haven't touched for about a month. Damn PS4 just keeps taking all my gaming attention with Overwatch and now Alienation!

I keep saying that I'll start Overwatch, but then something else just takes my interest. The Last Guardian, Horizon, etc. Think I might need to just bite the bullet and start it up as soon as these reports are written.

Do do it flink. It's a trick, play Nier Automata or Persona 5 instead.

You enjoying Alienation? I played it last year and loved it to bits. It's a fantastic game and i'm surprised i'm not seeing more people on my FL playing it, especially as it's a great co-op experience.

I weirdly have and similar to yourself rather surprised I'm not seeing more folks playing it from the ps+ offerings! It's a strange game, in some ways feels basic/old but in others feels quite on point(online stuff etc). I played mostly solo first but now I'm jumping in with randoms on the missions(again, excellent online features even if not aruably low level). Played a bit with my ex's bro and a little with Marcamillian too. The weird thing is me and Marc get issues all over PSN and it refuses to let us 'see' each other - so we've done co-op with BrokeGod as host and him seeing both me and Marc but me and Marc only seeing him and not each other.

Yet, given the rather good design of the online in the game, it isn't really to great detriment. I'm not sure we're getting all the XP we each should, and abilities that can go on whole squad don't work for us on each other, but again with the design it hasn't been of terrible detriment when we're all in party chat etc.

I feel it's a game with an unusual but really good balance. Even mission lengths at 20-30 on occasion but with so much action and shit you don't notice(i tell people this is like an isometric shooter equivalent of a hack'n'slash) but even the fact you can drop early without penalty etc is great. The random events and stuff are also great and i also feel it has a great design in its progression so far. Really loving it tbh, tho not playing as much as i might because no one else is, but i can definitely see it being something I keep dipping into. It's one of those excellent games for when you're not sure what to play and you kinda feel like you can't be arsed with too much mentally demanding - yet really great despite that description's implication of it being entirely mindless, because it's really not! /Alienation

I keep saying that I'll start Overwatch, but then something else just takes my interest. The Last Guardian, Horizon, etc. Think I might need to just bite the bullet and start it up as soon as these reports are written.

The thing is, and i know it's easy to say this, there's something about Overwatch that i think you'll really grow to love if you have the time to put in. You've got the game already - just give it a little go! Maybe team up with Eenuh for a bit(wouldn't recommend playing with more than one experienced person to start with) and see how you get on.

Plus it's also one of the best excuses for top N-Europe bants, both on and off console!

Edited by Rummy

Couldn't be bothered to find the Dark Souls thread to put this in.

Always cracks me up :D

In other news:

[tweet]866964643243327493[/tweet]

Bought it originally for my PS3 but never actually played it...looks like I'll get the PS4 version and give it a proper shot!

One for @Ike.

Haha, cheers. EU release is 15th September. My Japanese copy shipped yesterday.

Unfortunately not one my favourite Ys openings.

Edited by Ike

Sony may be teaming up with EA Sports for FIFA 18

If this is true then Sony is in a huge position.

FIFA 18

Destiny 2

Call of Duty: WWII

Star Wars Battlefront II

Far Cry 5 (there's a rumour PlayStation platforms might get exclusive DLC)

Red Dead Redemption 2

They got some big marketing going for them with these games. Microsoft has to step up their game with the Scorpio.

Push Square have wrote a nice little article highlighting the trilogy of classic PlayStation games that arrive in June.

Tekken, WipEout and Crash Bandicoot.

I've already got Tekken and Crash Bandicoot preordered. I was never huge on WipEout but I may pick that up just to complete the set. :D

Sony may be teaming up with EA Sports for FIFA 18

If this is true then Sony is in a huge position.

FIFA 18

Destiny 2

Call of Duty: WWII

Star Wars Battlefront II

Far Cry 5 (there's a rumour PlayStation platforms might get exclusive DLC)

Red Dead Redemption 2

They got some big marketing going for them with these games. Microsoft has to step up their game with the Scorpio.

Yup. They've been very clever with their marketing deals this generation. Getting all the biggest 3rd party games on your console and advertsing in the run up to Christmas has worked wonders for them. The 3rd parties push the console at the end of the year and then Sony can take their time with their own exclusives and fill in any gaps with those.

The 3rd parties push the console at the end of the year and then Sony can take their time with their own exclusives and fill in any gaps with those.

They are in an awesome position. Even if all their exclusives are pushed to late 2018 it doesn't matter. They have so much coming out in between on their console.

Speaking of exclusives: There's a rumour that From Software and Sony are planning a new game with an Aztec setting and hand-to-hand combat. No indications whether this is legit, but it would be nice.

Speaking of exclusives: There's a rumour that From Software and Sony are planning a new game with an Aztec setting and hand-to-hand combat. No indications whether this is legit, but it would be nice.

Now this is something I could get behind, would love to see a sprawling open world game with an interesting setting that hasn't really been touched much in the medium with a narrative rich world and really good quality combat. Having played For Honor this year, I was disappointed that they didn't take that combat system further and give a better campaign (even though I really enjoyed the game) but that style of combat is right for the picking and incorporating into something much bigger would give an amazing game. A game that takes an Aztec setting, uses the style of combat of Nioh or For Honor, the open world, history and attention to detail of Horizon and The Witcher 3 and you'd have the next big thing.

With having finished Horizon recently, I've struggled to get into quite a few games recently, especially some of the bigger ones released at the start of this year, but I've got that itch for some on that scale (to the point I'm currently re-installing The Witcher 3 and probably away to pick up the DLC seeing as I haven't yet had the chance to play it) so I'm kind of hoping that there's some truth to the rumour. Though my only issue would be that I've never been a fan of the From Software games (just couldn't get into either the Souls games or Bloodborne) so I'd worry they'd go down that road with it.

PSN speeds seem worse again lately. I was downloading 8 gigs overnight and when I got up it had only done 5 (I can usually get about 10 gigs done in a night on my connection) and again now ive got about 8 gigs left on a Street Fighter V patch and its estimating 17 hours.

I bought a new Sony TV this week and have just registered it on their website, but I had to deactivate two-step verification in order to use the same Sony account as my PS account. I figured that I'd just be able to re-enable two-step verification when I had registered the TV but I just tried to and it wouldn't let me. Has anyone else had the same problem? I'd like to ensure my account is secure.

I bought a new Sony TV this week and have just registered it on their website, but I had to deactivate two-step verification in order to use the same Sony account as my PS account. I figured that I'd just be able to re-enable two-step verification when I had registered the TV but I just tried to and it wouldn't let me. Has anyone else had the same problem? I'd like to ensure my account is secure.

I remember we tried to register our Sony tv as well when we got it, but it wouldn't let us because of the two step verification, and I don't think we figured out how to get around it. :/

@Daft may know as he has a PS4 (shocking I know) and a Sony TV. Doubt he'll see this before Tuesday though.

Basically had the opposite problem to you then Eenuh. I didn't feel like there were any benefits to registering the TV so just closed that particular account and can now re-activate two step verification.

Yeah, we tried and tried to register the tv and it just didn't work. Gave up in the end as it just didn't seem to be worth the hassle. Can't say I've lost any sleepness nights over it. (please don't break)

I never even entertained the idea of registration. Signed into my gmail account and called it good and started playing with settings.

So I pre ordered Gravity Rush 2 so I could get it for release day back in January. It arrived today, almost 5 months later :p

It's weird though, if it arrived on Friday, my landlord surely would have left it at my door, and there's no postal service on Saturday and today(public holiday). There was no note on it or anything and the invoice says it was shipped January 16th.

Already got my money back from the shop though and I ended up buying it digitally, so not sure what I should do with this one....

FIFA 18 confirmed to be ditching the Xbox-exclusive Legends in favour of a multi-platform Icons format, as well as having teamed up with PlayStation, more or less leaves Scorpio in a brutally awful position just ahead of E3.

Smart move by EA and Sony to confirm this before E3. If Scorpio doesn't have anything in the way of extremely refined exclusive AAA games (i.e. Haha joke's on you Scalebound is really dropping with the Scorpio) and any sign of marketing partnerships, Xbox could be left in a real ol' State Of Decay [2] heading into 2018.