NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Yup. At 5pm onwards. Just in time for when everyone gets in from work.:indeed:

It's a joke isn't it.

Also I agree that it's a piss take the online doesn't function properly.

Others may have a different opinion I guess as they'll play online more but for just surface level online stuff I think these problems are pretty rare.

I'd say that it's rare, but it's been particularly bad for the past month. I wonder if the new update will fix a few things...I fucking hope so! Although, for the most part, I've not had much affecting me. Except for Drive Club not accessing being able to access the server.

does anybody know of any websites where you can customize a bundle?

there are a couple of bundles on ShopTo that are close to what I want, but before I commit wondered if i could tailor my own specific requirements

I tried the PS4 for the first time at the PlayExpo Yesterday. Controller is damn nice, super solid and satisfying to hold. It took me a while to recover from the lack of a pause button. I always thought that button would be a stable source of support in my life, but apparently not.

Minced a couple of races on Drive Club - graphically amazing and I was surprised by the sense of speed - they definitely let you tear it down some of the straights, and there is a solid degree of difficulty. A corner penalty pissed me off when I had no option but to take the inside line. Surely if I can corner better than the AI by shaving the corner a little, that's a problem with the track design/AI capability, not me. Also felt the game was a bit flat and lacking verve, but that could've been due to the pitiful booth volume. Maybe the online aspects help to invigorate the game with life, but I feel like they could've added to the general excitement with crazy announcers and heavier music rather than make do with a slick, functional aesthetic.

That was the only new game on show. Got to try out MGS GZ and was taken aback at the bump in animation and lighting quality in the cutscenes. Metro seemed underwhelming. OctoDad was incredible and made me laugh out loud several times. They also had Castlevania (II ?) running on PS4, which was shite and much in need of canning. Had as much fun on the PC indie titles as anything else, tried an Oculus Rift demo of TxK which was pretty rad, and had a good laugh on the mile-long line of arcade machines and pinball tables. Had a go on the Virtual Boy as well, was very surprised at how impressive the 3D effect was. Obviously everything was in red and the actual game (Mario Tennis) was awful, but I thought the graphics would be blindingly bad.

Alsov ripped myself off for a Boo cap which I'll probably wear twice in my life.

does anybody know of any websites where you can customize a bundle?

there are a couple of bundles on ShopTo that are close to what I want, but before I commit wondered if i could tailor my own specific requirements

My local GAME have been great and allowed me to swap out FIFA and Watchdogs for Alien and Destiny.

Wait you tried an Oculus and the only demo they had running was fucking TxK? That's like stepping onto the holodeck and having it simulate pong.

My local GAME have been great and allowed me to swap out FIFA and Watchdogs for Alien and Destiny.

cheers for the info, will pop in tomorrow.

Wait you tried an Oculus and the only demo they had running was fucking TxK? That's like stepping onto the holodeck and having it simulate pong.

Dewd, I know. They had 3 Oculus headsets there and there weren't any first-person games on show. The Virtual Boy wasn't that far behind technically.

I'd get all four, personally. ;)

LOOK AT ALL OF YOUR MONEY THAT I AM SPENDING.

I'd get all four, personally. ;)

LOOK AT ALL OF YOUR MONEY THAT I AM SPENDING.

Thanks for that!

Is anyone able to shed any light on this? It's in the hands of customer support but I've not heard from them since I reported this on Monday where they say they're looking into it...

The bundle I got included a download code for 12-months PS+. Upon setting up the PS4 I logged in with my PSNID and I was - at the time - the only user on the console. I later input the PS+ download code, I'm sure everything went through correctly... However, my PSN account hasn't upgraded to PS+ and attempted to input the code again but I end up with an error. Customer support seemed as flummoxed as everyone else is.

Are you set up as the primary account holder?

By activating your PlayStation 4 as primary you can enjoy numerous benefits and actions

•Anyone who uses your Primary PS4™ system can enjoy applications you purchase from PlayStation®Store.

•You can automatically download to the PS4 system content you pre-ordered, or content purchased on PlayStation®App.

•You can connect to the PS4 system from a PS Vita system via the Internet using Remote Play.

Does anyone know how to update the gamertag in my signature? I'm looking at the playstation site, but I can't find the option anywhere.

PSN has been pretty hit and miss since the attack by the lizard squad was it?

Sony do need to pull their fingers out though especially now that people pay for PSN on the PS4.

Just got an email through from Curve Studios saying I set one of the high scores on their game at the Play Expo event (Iron Fisticle). They said I can have a free code for one of the following, are any of these good? Which should I choose?

PC:

Iron Fisticle

Qora

Velocity Ultra

Wii U:

Stealth Inc 2

Lone Survivor

PS4:

Lone Survivor

Stealth Inc: Ultimate Edition

Mousecraft

Titan Attacks

Thomas Was Alone

PS3:

Stealth Inc

Mousecraft

Titan Attacks

Thomas Was Alone

Velocity Ultra

Proteus

Lone Survivor

I'm thinking of plonking for Iron Fisticle because it was a solid little arcade affair. Similar to Boxheads: More Rooms if you've ever played that flash game.

Edited by dwarf

Anyone know of any bargain deals for a pS4 ideally with Fifa, ideally with FIFA and Minecraft.

Anyone know of any bargain deals for a pS4 ideally with Fifa, ideally with FIFA and Minecraft.

shopto have by far the best deals at present, plus I'm sure they have a FIFA/Minecraft bundle as this is the same one I'm looking for.

The best bundle seems to be FIFA & Alien + 3 months PSN for £369.

I'm getting one but holding it back as Christmas present for Ferret Jnr so guess I'll have missed all the FIFA team action by then.

Edited by Clownferret

PS4 system software 2.00 preview

You may already know that PS4‘s upcoming system software 2.00, codenamed Masamune, adds some big features including, Share Play, YouTube support, and Themes, but that’s just the start. Let’s take a look at some of the other items that you can expect from this major update coming this Autumn:

USB Music Player: PS4 owners will be able to play their own music in the background while playing a game using USB Music Player*. After inserting a USB stick loaded with music into the system, a new option for USB Music Player will appear. Supported filename extensions include MP3, MP4, M4A, and 3GP.

Change colours: PS4 owners can change the background of the home screen from light blue to one of seven new colors: gold, blue, red, green, purple, pink, and grey.

Enhancements to live broadcasting: Masamune brings a variety of improvements to live broadcasting on PS4. In the Live From PlayStation app, PS4 owners can now select a Featured channel, which includes official broadcasts from PlayStation, broadcasts from people on a players friend list, and any game channel that the player has followed. Additionally, Live From PlayStation now has filters for searching broadcasts on a specific game, as well as support for archived broadcasts.

Friend finder: PS4 will now suggest players you may know, recommending close friends of your close friends.

Content Area and Library: PS4′s Content Area, which shows the latest games and apps a PS4 owner has used, has been redesigned to help make it easier to quickly find and access content. It now shows 15 of a player’s most used apps or games, and additional items will be added to a player’s Library. The Library on PS4 has improved filter and sort functions to help organise contented by type (game / app / TV & video), name (a – z or z – a), recently used, or install date.

Enhanced voice commands: The ability to control PS4 using voice has been improved. Players can now say ‘PlayStation’ to begin commands, and ‘All Commands,’ to see a list of all voice command options available. New voice commands were added for live broadcasting, including “Start broadcast,” “End broadcast,” and “Find face.”

Add to library: The monthly free PlayStation Plus games will have an ‘Add to Library’ button in the PlayStation Store. This button will add a game to a PS4 owner’s library without downloading it – saving space on their hard drive.

Back-up data: Data on PS4 can be backed up and resorted using USB storage. This will back up all data for the console, including settings, save data, screenshots, video clips, download data, and more.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/10/16/expect-ps4-system-software-2-00/?adbid=522833238637563905&adbpl=tw&adbpr=36969785&emcid=social_20141016_33846457

Nice, update must be just around the corner then!

Hopefully YouTube sharing and app are included.

USB Music Player?? That's stupid. You should be able to copy your music to the system or stream from your network. The system only has a piddly two ports, which means if you're using the gold headset and charging your controller, you're already out of ports.

Cmon, the original Xbox could copy songs to the HDD and play them alongside your game. I don't understand why this generation's OS took so many steps backwards.

I honestly don't understand why things that are there on one console aren't automatically there on the next. Just seems pretty weird.