NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Yeah, I am. Hoping for some actually interesting Japanese games, but I'm not holding my breath...

Some of the Vita stuff looked cool but I doubt any of it will make it out of Japan. Phantasy Star Nova....:(

The fact that they are leading with Western developers for the PS4 stuff is very telling.

Some of the Vita stuff looked cool but I doubt any of it will make it out of Japan. Phantasy Star Nova....:(

The fact that they are leading with Western developers for the PS4 stuff is very telling.

Yeah, it's not looking good so far... Mind you though, supposedly Bluepoint are working on a remaster of a portable game for PS4, so we should be seeing something new here... (unless it's actually Type 0 HD they're working on of course...)

Oh! Senren Kagura Estival, Ys and Persona 5 getting PS4 ports is a surprise!

Mind you though, I'm only really interested in Ys, but I imagine that many folks here will be happy to hear about P5! :)

Oh shit! Dragon Quest Musou!? now THAT is a legitimate surprise! :o

Ahh, DQH is cross gen...

Edited by Dcubed
Automerged Doublepost

Wasn't that great of a conference. Apart from the DQ announcement there was nothing really note worthy for me.

No FFXV, KH3 or TLG makes me sad. :(

What is this madness? Dragon Quest?

The youtube video @Dcubed posted doesn't work. I need information :p

Edit: Alright, I've seen it. So it's basically Dragon Quest Warriors :blank:

FUCK MAN, I WANT A NEW DQ RPG.

Edited by drahkon

Wasn't that great of a conference. Apart from the DQ announcement there was nothing really note worthy for me.

No FFXV, KH3 or TLG makes me sad. :(

Yeah same here. Everybody's Golf 7 will no doubt be nice, but god only knows when it'll get released (could very easily be 2016, considering that there is no in-game footage) and it might end up being cross gen or cross platform with Vita.

And everything else I'm interested in (namely the new Ys game, Resident Evil Revelations 2 and DQHeroes) will also be available on platforms that I already own ::shrug:

Still waiting for a reason to get a PS4...

And everything else I'm interested in (namely the new Ys game, Resident Evil Revelations 2 and DQHeroes) will also be available on platforms that I already own ::shrug:

Well, that makes it easy for you to not buy a PS4 then ;)

Edit: Ninja'd :blank:

I didn't expect anything from the conference and Sony delivered :laughing:

Yeah same here. Everybody's Golf 7 will no doubt be nice, but god only knows when it'll get released (could very easily be 2016, considering that there is no in-game footage) and it might end up being cross gen or cross platform with Vita.

Still waiting for a reason to get a PS4...

Everybody's Golf 7
Everybody's Golf 7
Sweeeeeeet! :yay:

Was there no footage/info at all though? :(

Sweeeeeeet! :yay:

Was there no footage/info at all though? :(

Nada, zilch, nothing. Just a NEWMINGOLFPROJECT logo and that's it.

Don't expect to see this one for a good long while...

Edited by Dcubed

Sounds like update 2.0 is going to be a biggie!

PS4 themes coming in next software update

PS4-theme-1.jpg

Sony has confirmed dynamic PS4 themes will arrive in the next major software update for the PS4.

Arriving with the software update 2.0 at an undisclosed time in the autumn, the dynamic themes will let you customise your PS4 experience.

Customisable, dynamic dashboard themes will allow you to change the current vivid blue colour scheme via the PlayStation Store.

The new feature was reveal during Sony’s pre-Tokyo Games Show press conference, but the Japanese gaming giant didn’t disclose how much the themes would cost. Or which themes will be offered when the update goes live later this year.

There was one theme teased during the press conference, featuring the famous PlayStation Japan characters Kuro and Toro. It was an animated theme that showed them hanging out in a kitchen playing the PS4.

Scrolling up and down the sections of the PS4 dashboard also changed the background image and took Kuro and Toro to a different area of the house.

It looks like the PS4 software update 2.0 will be quite a major system update for Sony’s latest console. Along with the dynamic themes, you’ll get access to the new PS4 Share Play feature, which lets you give your friends free access to your game, even if they don’t have their own copy.

Sony also revealed that a new software update for the PS Vita will also introduce customisable themes for the Sony handheld.

Software update 3.30, which is supposedly arriving in October, will allow you to modify the wallpaper, icons and sounds on the PS Vita dashboard.

During the press conference, it was only seen that you could use Sony’s own theme packs, so it’s not clear how customisable the themes will be.

PS4-theme-2.jpg

Music playback and being able to pause/resume downloads should be there. Should've been there from the beginning.

Would rather have them release these features than themes...

Beyond Two Souls PS4 trophy list has appeared.

HERE

They should just announce it at this point. It's getting a bit stupid now.

Saw on Twitter, just wanting to say that themes for the PS4 is going to be a great improvement. I for one am starting to get sick of seeing the blue background upon start-up.

Everbody's Golf for PS4, yet to play it on the Vita (it's part of my PS+ games collection). Once i've played it, i'll see whats what and either be excited for it or not.

I really like changing the background on my PS3/Vita, I hope that's an option in the future for PS4.

That's good, the current ps4 background is so painfully soulless. Can you change the way the most recent things work? I want to be able to move things around; MY LIBRARY being the last icon on that list hurts the logic bit of my brain!

I'm curious too, are we finally getting some organisation options that will finally sort out the clusterfuck that is the home screen? :blank:

It's really not helping my OCD as I just want to sort out all the icons but I can't. :(

Otherwise I love my PS4! : peace:

Also I hope this update won't cause any bricking to anyone's console just as previous ones have I believe.

Oh yeah, my headset has been posted so I'll be joining the 'Master Race' soon.

Unless I have missed something there is no notification when a friend appears online is there?

Unless I have missed something there is no notification when a friend appears online is there?

No, I think its because friend lists are now up to 1000 or something, you'd just get notification after notification.

No, I think its because friend lists are now up to 1000 or something, you'd just get notification after notification.

Would be good if given the option haha.

I'm curious too, are we finally getting some organisation options that will finally sort out the clusterfuck that is the home screen? :blank:

It's really not helping my OCD as I just want to sort out all the icons but I can't. :(

Otherwise I love my PS4! : peace:

Also I hope this update won't cause any bricking to anyone's console just as previous ones have I believe.

Oh yeah, my headset has been posted so I'll be joining the 'Master Race' soon.

Words cannot express how good the headset is, but it's fantastic. You will love it.

I've never noticed it, but i do have notifications for everything else (from Updates to when a friend joins a party)

It's one of my pet peeves about the system. Luckily you can send a message or start a party to let others know you're online.

I'm hoping it gets fixed with an update. The One was like this at launch but has now sorted it. It lets you select which people you want to see when they come online.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

I would like it so that you can set specific friends to get notifications about when they login.

Haha those cat sounds were great. Would probably annoy me after a while though.