NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Sold my PS4 at GAME after attempt number 3. I took it to one branch yesterday and they told me it had the wrong power cable. Found a 'correct' power cable and took it to my local store earlier, they refused to accept it because the controllers bar code was slightly worn off. Went back to the original store after and they had no issues with the controller. 

Kinda hard to part with the console, it's been one of the best I've ever owned but the PS5 has made it obsolete. Also traded in a pile of games and an extra controller, so I have plenty of credit for PS5 and Switch game pre orders for the foreseeable future.

My right stick is drifting quite a bit these days… I’m glad I’ve bought a new pad, but gutted I’ll have to wait a while before it gets here.

On 05/07/2021 at 3:06 PM, Kav said:

My right stick is drifting quite a bit these days… I’m glad I’ve bought a new pad, but gutted I’ll have to wait a while before it gets here.

Just for my own curiousity(I've had so much varying stick drift issues lol) is this just a freely drifting stick all the time or does anything either trigger it absolutely or even conditionally? I know my maddest issue was I had stick drift but for whatever the hell reason it would ONLY trigger when I actually pressed....well, my right trigger. OFc in shooter's it's goddamn bastard annoying as you aim you aims then hit your fire but the aim drifts off...

9 hours ago, Rummy said:

Just for my own curiousity(I've had so much varying stick drift issues lol) is this just a freely drifting stick all the time or does anything either trigger it absolutely or even conditionally? I know my maddest issue was I had stick drift but for whatever the hell reason it would ONLY trigger when I actually pressed....well, my right trigger. OFc in shooter's it's goddamn bastard annoying as you aim you aims then hit your fire but the aim drifts off...

It drifts most of the time but when you move it sharply it tends to settle until you make a small adjustment and it goes off again.

Cant wait for my new controller to get here… it’s a long wait though.

• Like 1

On 15/07/2021 at 8:55 PM, Kav said:

It drifts most of the time but when you move it sharply it tends to settle until you make a small adjustment and it goes off again.

Cant wait for my new controller to get here… it’s a long wait though.

ah fair enough. ive had mild constant drift(can usually fix) but the actual trigger triggered drift was basically having off sights in every single shooter and id have to adjust a bit if it happened - luckily i dont play many precision shooters 😅

also this is one remedy i havent tried but came across today apparently you can add a 3rd stick in certain cases? im sure this at least alleviates some of the frustration at the problem whilst asmittedly not completely fixing it;

• Haha 1

Dishonored 2 is currently £2.39 on the PS Store in the current sale. If you've not played the game then I wholeheartedly recommend picking it up at that price as its a steal for such a fantastic game.

There's plenty other games on sale, like Scarlet Nexus for £29.99 (40% off) but consider this a PSA for Dishonored 2. Buy it as its superb.

• Like 2

Thanks, but I'll wait for a price reduction. I'm not made of money.

A Short Hike is out today for PS4 with a 4k mode that reduces the pixelated look if playing on PS4 Pro or through BC on PS5. If you've not had a chance to play on either PC or Switch up to this point, its definitely worth a play if you want a short relaxed experience.