NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

22 hours ago, Happenstance said:

Such a shame that the base digital version of Spider-Man rarely goes on sale on the PSN anymore. I have the disc and I have all the dlc but it's a game I've wanted to re-buy digitally for convenience sake. Problem is the goty version is the one that now goes on sale but I don't need that as I have all the dlc seperately :cry:

Really?? I bought it like a few months ago for....well I can't remember what was off. Maybe it was in the Summer Sale? I didn't get the DLC at the time(and tbh I haven't fully finished the Game but I probs slowly will over time before I touch DLC just cos its Spidey and Lore but I can see how lesser fans tire of it). I was sure I saw something else related to cut on store quite recently but I imagine it would have been DLC - strange if they wouldn't cut base with DLC again tho.

Does anybody know how the PS+ Rewards work?

I haven't bought a magazine in years but I was going to take advantage of the 3 Issues for £1 deal on PlayStation Official Magazine as it might be a good time for that coming up to the launch of the PS5.. but I don't really know how to use the code.

If I click to redeem the code on the PlayStation site, it takes me to magazinesdirect.com but I don't see how I can use the code or where the discount is applied. I definitely don't want to subscibe for £15 for 3 months :blank:

Soooo...I totally forgot about Spelunky 2. And that it will be released tomorrow.

Thanks to reviews hitting my go-to gaming news sites I got reminded.

And looking at those reviews...it seems to be perfection.

SHIT. Didn't want to spend more money on games this month, given that I've already pre-ordered Super Mario 3D All-Stars, but I think there's no way around it :D

• Haha 1

I now have to wait a few weeks for the PC version to come out. I've got around 2000 hours of muscle memory built up with the Xbox pads when playing the original so using any other controller diminishes my reaction time quite a bit.

20 hours ago, drahkon said:

Didn't want to spend more money on games this month

Well...there really was no way around it. :laughing:
I think this is a nice game to play in between sessions of Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII and whatever comes after that.

Gonna start my first run soon :D

• Haha 1

Ghostrunner finally has a release date: October 27th. It's a game I've been following for a while and having tried the demo they released on Steam through GeForce Now, I can safely say its awesome. It plays extremely well and looks fantastic. It could end up being a game that has a short run time but the mix of Mirror's Edge's parkour and Katana Zero's combat will certainly make it worth a playthrough, and maybe more to perfect routes through the levels.

Can't wait to play it. At the very least if I'm not able to grab a PS5 at launch or this year in general, there'll be plenty of games to play on PS4 till then.

Played Genshin Impact for a while and I really want to dive in more, but the controls are atrocious.

Circle to attack?
R1 to dodge?
Menus can't decide whether to use the analogue stick or d-pad to control?

Urgh. Seems like it was made by someone who's never played a console game in their life.
Unless customizable controls get patched in, it'll be a game I want to play more but simply can't ::shrug:

Our latest system software update for PlayStation 4, version 8.00, is launching today globally. This update includes changes to the existing Party and Messages features, new avatars, updated parental controls and more.

Here are some of the key features in this update:

Updates to Party and Messages

Following this update, Party and Messages will be more tightly linked together and you will see changes to the UI. Both apps will now use the same ‘Groups’ of players for Party voice chats and message exchanges, instead of having different groups setup across the two apps. So now you can start a Party chat or send a message to the group you’ve previously chatted with across PS4, as well as PS5 when it launches.

New Avatars

We’re expanding the collection of pre-set avatars for players to showcase on their Profile. An array of new avatars from your favorite games will be available, including Bloodborne, Journey, Ghost of Tsushima, God of War, The Last of Us Part II, The Last of Us Remastered, Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End and many more.

Mute all Mics from Quick Menu

We’ve added an option to “Mute all Microphones” in the Quick Menu, so you can easily mute your mics while gaming.

Simplified and more flexible Parental Controls

Under Parental Controls, we’re combining the ‘Communicating with Other Players’ and ‘Viewing Content Created by other Players’ into one setting – ‘Communication and User Generated Content’-  to cover both areas of communication and UGC sharing. This offers a simpler setting that’s easier for parents to understand and apply to their children.

In addition, children can send a request to their parents to use communications features in specific games. When a child sends this request, the parent will receive an email notification and can choose to make an exception for that game and allow the child to use its communications and UGC features. This will provide more flexibility to both parents and children.

Enhanced 2-Step Verification

The 2-Step Verification (2SV) feature on PS4 will be enhanced to support third party authenticator apps as an option during the activation flow and 2SV sign-in across PS4, mobile and web.

Removal of Event Creation and Private Community Creation

After 8.00, you will no longer be able to create Events or access existing Events created by other users.

We’re also removing the ability to create private Communities under the Community app on PS4. If you already have existing private Communities, you can continue to access them.

Updates to Remote Play App on Mobile and PC

At the same time as 8.00, the existing PS4 Remote Play app on mobile (iOS/Android), Windows PC and Mac, will change its name to PS Remote Play, and the option to connect to PS5 will be added. You’ll need to sign in to PSN from your PS5 to be able to access the feature, so sit tight until PS5 launches this November!

Source

Finally, 2FA done right. It's not live, yet, but will definitely change from 2FA using SMS (lol) to using an app.

Does the 2FA thing mean basically owning/accessing your device is what iy uses as the key to unlock? obvs frustrating for me once but credit due where it is - I was in NYC once and with both text verification for PSN on my phone AND my emails too I actually couldn't access my own PSN account lol. Very frustrating but bugger me I gotta say that was a secure experience!

Released on console today.

What a year this has been for roguelites.

But please...devs...can you not throw all of these at me in the span of a few weeks...THERE'S ONLY SO MUCH TIME.

• Like 1

What a generation! My face hurts from smiling just thinking back to them, so many great games this gen :bowdown: hopefully they just keep coming with the PS5! 

Edited by Julius

It's Kula World. I played this on my PS1 for ages. :D 
Will I buy The Gravity Trickster then? FUCK YEAH!

Anyone else got problems logging in to the PSN web store?

I get an error message every time and I've tried all my browers ::shrug: 

Just now, drahkon said:

Anyone else got problems logging in to the PSN web store?

I get an error message every time and I've tried all my browers ::shrug: 

I logged in about 15 minutes ago to get the PS+ games and it worked fine.

Weird, Firefox apparently change the cookies settings. After allowing cookies on the PSN store web page I was able to log in.

On Brave, it doesn't work at all, even though cookies are allowed.

Meh.

There's a massive sale of mostly new indie titles that's started today on the PS Store and running to November 21st. PSPrices has it all listed, with 800+ games up on sale. Some highlights:

- Celeste £6.39 (This hasn't been on sale since November 2018 apparently so if you've been waiting, definitely worth picking up)

- Creaks £11.19

- Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition £12.59

- Manifold Garden £11.99

- Outer Wilds £12.34

- Return of the Obra Dinn £11.39

- Soma £2.63

- Spelunky 2 £12.79

- The Talos Principle: Deluxe Edition £2.99

There's obvious a ton more than that on sale but just some picks that are worth picking up even with the advent of next gen looming. Definitely recommend picking up Soma at that price. Was happy to dee it getting a lot of talk over Halloween other places, has one of the best endings to a game this gen, much like how Outer Wilds also has one of the best endings (and is one of my favourite games just generally this generation).

Edited by Ganepark32
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ganepark32 said:

There's a massive sale

*fingers crossed for Castle Crashers Remastered*
*fingers crossed for Castle Crashers Remastered*

Edit: FUCK

Edited by drahkon
  • Haha 1

Outer Wilds (also on sale) is one of the games of the generation for me - I recommend everyone check it out if they haven't already.

• Like 1

Get Outer Wilds, can't recommend it enough.

Return of the Obra Dinn is also very good.

May just pick up Celeste at that price.

1 hour ago, Sheikah said:

Outer Wilds (also on sale) is one of the games of the generation for me - I recommend everyone check it out if they haven't already.

Is it actually a good game in terms of gameplay? I've been burned far too many times when people have said an indie game is amazing, only for it to turn out to be more of an artsy experience rather than an actual game.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Is it actually a good game in terms of gameplay? I've been burned far too many times when people have said an indie game is amazing, only for it to turn out to be more of an artsy experience rather than an actual game.

I don't want to spoil too much but put simply, there is no combat whatsoever. Your goal is to learn and to explore and there is no game quite like it. It is an amazing game that I can't recommend enough - and a surprisingly large and open game given the small studio who made it. It was also Eurogamer's game of the year and won a bunch of awards - this isn't your average indie game.

Also the studio is headed by Masi Oka (Hiro Nakamura from Heores). So that's also very cool.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1