NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

48 minutes ago, killthenet said:

Somehow Sakurai managed to play 242 PS4 games in 2019. Does the man have a hyperbolic time chamber or something? He works himself to the point of exhaustion on Smash but still finds time to play more games than @Hero-of-Time

Yeah, but how many did he actually finish and platinum? :p

What's his PSN name and we can go check. :D 

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yeah, but how many did he actually finish and platinum? :p

What's his PSN name and we can go check. :D 

Have you tried BringKratosToSmash?

Or PleaseDon't@Me?

Or how about SakuraiTheBinaryGuy? :laughing:

Edited by Julius

4 minutes ago, Julius said:

Have you tried BringKratosToSmash?

Or PleaseDon't@Me?

Or how about SakuraiTheBinaryGuy? :laughing:

And here's me trying Fetish4FireEmblem.

• Haha 1

Somehow Sakurai managed to play 242 PS4 games in 2019. Does the man have a hyperbolic time chamber or something? He works himself to the point of exhaustion on Smash but still finds time to play more games than [mention=342]Hero-of-Time[/mention]
Is it actually a fact that he works himself to exhaustion, or is it just assumed? Maybe he clocks off at 3.30pm and goes home to game?

2 hours ago, bob said:
5 hours ago, killthenet said:
Somehow Sakurai managed to play 242 PS4 games in 2019. Does the man have a hyperbolic time chamber or something? He works himself to the point of exhaustion on Smash but still finds time to play more games than [mention=342]Hero-of-Time[/mention]

Is it actually a fact that he works himself to exhaustion, or is it just assumed? Maybe he clocks off at 3.30pm and goes home to game?

Even when he was sick he would turn up for work, going as far to have an IV drip in his arm. 

The Game Freak developed game Little Town Hero is heading to the PS4 this year.

Rainy Frog will release a PlayStation 4 version of Game Freak-developed RPG Little Town Hero on April 23 in Japan, the publisher announced. It will be available at retail for 3,500 yen and digitally for 2,500 yen. The digital version will be published by Game Freak.

A physical edition of the October 2019-released Switch version will launch alongside the release of the PlayStation 4 version.

This game came and went without any kind of fanfare. Same goes for Giga Wrecker as well.

A physical release was also announced for the Switch version of the game just the other day.

little-town-hero-01-0118.jpg

What a weird coincidence! I just started playing the original game HD remaster just last week. Sony be spying on me...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

jpg

Sony's been surveying gamers on remote play.

Interesting. I've always loved PS4 remote play on my Vita. Not over the internet, but rather the direct connection. Now, I don't think the survey is indicative of Sony actually wanting to making it available on the Switch or other non-Sony devices (it would be awesome, though). Pretty sure they just wanna figure out whether it'll be worth it to pursue some avenues in that direction.

• Thanks 1

The Sony financials have hit and once again it's good news for the company. The PS4 is actually tracking ahead of the PS2 (no way will it beat it) and apparently it was the 2nd best year for the PlayStation, despite it being at the end of the generation. Crazy. 

MOe8eSK.png

1580479760-capture-d-ecran-2020-01-31-a-

Software sales were also stupidly high and once again the number of digital sales has gone up, cutting into the physical market.

Iw2mTAO.png

jagTb0J.png

PSN continues to rake in a stupid amount of money, with the subscriber user base now nearing the 40 million mark.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Thanks 1

What's mindblowing about those sales is the fact that the RRP is still $299 over in the states. $199 sales only happen around Black Friday. For comparison's sake, Wii and PS2 were both $149 at this point.

• Thanks 1

What's mindblowing about those sales is the fact that the RRP is still $299 over in the states. $199 sales only happen around Black Friday. For comparison's sake, Wii and PS2 were both $149 at this point.
149 dollars in 2006 is closer to 190 with inflation, but your point still stands.

13 hours ago, Happenstance said:

Apparently Sony are no longer going to Pax East this year due to Coronavirus concerns.

Makes sense. They had a lot of people coming over from different parts of the world for the convention. Good to see them thinking about trying to stop the spread of the virus. Of course a lot of the gaming community are up in arms over it because, you know, to hell with trying to look after people just as long as they get to play/see new games. Muppets.

It will be interesting to see if the virus continues how it will effect both Sony and Microsoft's plans for their next consoles. Nintendo has stated that Switch stock is being effected so I have to imagine the other companies are taking a hit as well. Maybe we could see a delay for the next gen consoles? Not that it would bother me in the slightest as I wasn't looking to pick one up straight away anyway. I have too much other stuff to play but for those who are eagerly awaiting next gen goods it would be a bitter pill to swallow and imagine toys will be flung out of the pram. 

An absolutely brilliant bit of kit, well worth it at £26!

I’ve used mine for a few hours now and after the initial change in feel as you hold the pad it becomes second nature, and still comfy, very quickly.

Edited by Kav
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

It will be interesting to see if the virus continues how it will effect both Sony and Microsoft's plans for their next consoles. Nintendo has stated that Switch stock is being effected so I have to imagine the other companies are taking a hit as well. Maybe we could see a delay for the next gen consoles? Not that it would bother me in the slightest as I wasn't looking to pick one up straight away anyway. I have too much other stuff to play but for those who are eagerly awaiting next gen goods it would be a bitter pill to swallow and imagine toys will be flung out of the pram. 

A delay to at least one of the next gen consoles is something I've been thinking might slowly be becoming a reality. I suspect it would be Sony given how cagey they're being with regards to it and not feeling ready to unveil things. That and the recent talk that they're struggling to procure enough components and keep the cost of manufacturing down could play into them delaying it to early next year.

Microsoft will definitely hit its launch this holiday, be that late October or early November. Even if they've got limited supply on launch, they'll still go for it. I could see Sony being a bit more level headed and thinking that if the cost is going to be too high and that they can't meet demand, amongst other things, they may delay until next February/March. That might even play into Sony's hands a bit. If they're struggling with cost, let Microsoft hit the market with the Series X at what will presumably be somewhere in the region of £449.99-£499.99 and see how that fairs. The extra months will help beef up production to give more units which will be a boon if Microsoft have limited stock for the first couple of months. They can then price accordingly.

Likewise, we know Microsoft will have some bigger first party titles out of the gate. Halo, Forza (sadly Motorsport as I much prefer the Horizon games) and at least another game or two (possibly new IPs for these) and if Sony is worried they won't have that big game out of the gate from their first party teams and have a launch similar to the PS4, but they could have say Marvel's Spiderman ready for early 2021 as well as Horizon 2, then I could see them taking the delay on the chin as a lineup bolstered by titles like that would minimise any losses felt.

It could happen and could be done to work in their favour, especially if they do a big PSX event in December this year to give everyone hands on before the holidays which might be enough of an impetus to stop people picking up a Series X, but I get a feeling they'll want to it the market at it around the same time as Microsoft. Itll be interesting to see nonetheless.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kav said:

An absolutely brilliant bit of kit, well worth it at £26!

I’ve used mine for a few hours now and after the initial change in feel as you hold the pad it becomes second nature, and still comfy, very quickly.

With you loving your first person shooters I figured you would give this a go. I've heard it can be quite a game changer. I have no interest in it but it's a nice to have a cheap alternative to Microsoft's Elite pad which costs an absolute fortune. I wonder if we see back paddles are the like as standard on the PS5 controller?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ganepark32 said:

Likewise, we know Microsoft will have some bigger first party titles out of the gate. Halo, Forza (sadly Motorsport as I much prefer the Horizon games) and at least another game or two (possibly new IPs for these) and if Sony is worried they won't have that big game out of the gate from their first party teams and have a launch similar to the PS4, but they could have say Marvel's Spiderman ready for early 2021 as well as Horizon 2, then I could see them taking the delay on the chin as a lineup bolstered by titles like that would minimise any losses felt.

Thing is about software, Microsoft have stated that their games will be cross gen for the first year or so, meaning that there will be no real exclusives for a while. I think it was Jason Schreier who said that Sony will have PS5 exclusives at launch. Whether they will be up to snuff is another matter altogether. Historically Sony have always had a weak launch line up.

• Like 1

I don't think I've ever sold a console before but I just sold my PS4 for £130. I haven't touched it since Spider Man a year and a half ago and I realised I'm not going to play anything on Playstation till PS5 comes out. It's helping fund my new Animal Crossing Switch :)

Overall I'm pleased I bought it. There were some great games on it, God of War being the major one, but in the end having got an Xbox One X I was really only keeping it for the Sony exclusives that come out once every 6 months, and there haven't been any I'm keen on for a while.

I didn't mention when selling it that it sounds like an A380 every time you play a game on it, but I'm hoping that's a common enough issue that I didn't have to. :blank:

Edited by Ronnie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

I don't think I've ever sold a console before but I just sold my PS4 for £130. I haven't touched it since Spider Man a year and a half ago and I realised I'm not going to play anything on Playstation till PS5 comes out. It's helping fund my new Animal Crossing Switch :)

Overall I'm pleased I bought it. There were some great games on it, God of War being the major one, but in the end having got an Xbox One X I was really only keeping it for the Sony exclusives that come out once every 6 months, and there haven't been any I'm keen on for a while.

I didn't mention when selling it that it sounds like an A380 every time you play a game on it, but I'm hoping that's a common enough issue that I didn't have to. :blank:

Definitely for the best if you weren't getting use out of it, especially if the money is being used for something more suited to you.

As for the noise of the fans, you should have just thrown in some earplugs with the sale of the console. :D 

On 11/03/2020 at 12:03 PM, Ronnie said:

Oh nice. It's a really nice colour scheme.