NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

GF spilt water on my PS4 so the disk drive it broke D:

Considering replacing it with a pro.

I'd give your gf one more chance if I were you. Pros tend to be very expensive, and there's no emotional connection there at all.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Great deal in Argos for a PS4 Slim currently. 

Console, plus Crash Team Racing, plus Kingdom Hearts 3, for £219.99. 

Bit of a bargain! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Some of the new artwork is stunning. :eek:

Nice artwork, not for me though because sleeves... but for people who want them, they are missing a trick if they aren't selling those sleeves seperately. ;)

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Some of the new artwork is stunning. :eek:

Saw those in Game earlier and wondered what the deal with them was. Thought they might be Game exclusives or something, I was half tempted to steal The Last Guardian one. I've still yet to buy Bloodborne or Shadow of the Colossus so will try and pick up these versions when I do.

PlayStation Now is the first and only console game subscription service that uses cloud technology to deliver an unprecedented breadth of games through streaming and downloading. Today, I am truly pleased to announce new updates to the service that take our subscription gaming efforts to the next level.

Starting today, PS Now will be offered at a more compelling price that is comparable to other entertainment streaming services on the market. Current customers will see this new pricing reflected in their next billing cycle. The new prices will be:

• US: $9.99 – monthly / $24.99 – quarterly / $59.99 – yearly (from $19.99/ $44.99/ $99.99)
  • CAN: $12.99 – monthly / $34.99 – quarterly / $79.99 – yearly (from $19.99/ $44.99/ $99.99)
  • EU: €9.99 – monthly / €24.99 – quarterly / €59.99 – yearly (from €14.99/ (N/A)/ €99.99)
  • UK: £8.99 – monthly / £22.99 – quarterly / £49.99 – yearly (from £12.99 / (N/A) / £84.99)
  • JP: ¥1,180 – monthly / ¥2,980 – quarterly / ¥6,980 yearly (from ¥2,500 / ¥5,900/ (N/A))

We currently have the largest game library of any console game subscription service, with more than 800* games available. Starting today, we’re adding more blockbuster content that includes some of the most highly played and critically acclaimed PS4 games ever.

thumbs-up-gif.gif

Check out the first wave of new content below, which is available for three months.

• God of War
  • Grand Theft Auto V**
  • inFAMOUS Second Son
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End

These games will be available from October 1, 2019 until January 2, 2020. Each month, the service will add a new selection of marquee games that will be available for a limited period.

Veronica-Mars-Lipstick.gif

• Haha 1

Nope, nice try Sony but you're only getting PS Plus yearly subscriptions out of me for the small handful of Plus titles I actually play and so I can play Monster Hunter World online. ::shrug:

I have no use for PS Now because I have all the games that I want to play on the system in physical form, I just need to find the time to play them. :peace:

I might sign up now. Better price and more games sounds good to me. I try to be a bit more careful with the games I buy this year so it'd be nice to have another way to try the games that look interesting but I don't necessarily want to buy.

I have no issue with them cycling games on and off the service. I'm not buying the games so I don't expect to always have access to them.

I got an email off Sony with my trophy stats for September. I don't recall them ever doing that before for a single month.

Spoiler

EGS9Xk0X0AEnCQL.jpg

Anyone else get one off them?

5 minutes ago, bob said:

You got a trophy in 1995?

Time travel. It's how I get through most of my games so quickly. :laughing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I got an email off Sony with my trophy stats for September. I don't recall them ever doing that before for a single month.

Stats (Reveal hidden contents)

EGS9Xk0X0AEnCQL.jpg

Anyone else get one off them?

Nope, but it's OK because I know exactly what it would have said if I had...

"Never mind, there's always next month!" :p

• Haha 1

Outer Wilds, by Mobius Games and published by Annapurna and not to be confused with Obsidian's The Outer Worlds, is coming to PS4 next week, October 15th.

It came to Xbox One and PC back in June and I played through it on Game pass back then and absolutely loved the game. It's such a great mystery game, in a similar vain to things like Myst or even The Witness (though with a less heavy emphasis on puzzles compared to that game) and it's easily one of my favourite games this year. I'll admit it won't be for everyone as if you don't like games that require you to slowly piece together information to progress then it won't be for you. But if that sounds interesting then give it a go because what Mobius created is fantastic. It's a game that'll undoubtedly get forgotten come GOTY time but it should definitely be up there.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/playstation-eu-put-dozens-up-for-redundancy-on-day-of-ps5-announce/

Seems like the rumours of a power struggle between SCEA and SCEE might be real after all...

Starting to get some nasty flashbacks to what happened to SEGA when the Japanese and US divisions tore each other apart and killed the company...

Pretty nasty business. I'm baffled as to why this is happening. The PlayStation brand is super strong in Europe and always has been. The guys at SCEE were clearly making all the right moves for this to be the case. Why change that?

As you mentioned, Sega went through this kind of thing and it destroyed the company from within. It will be interesting to see what happens in the future with the new setup that they've got going. I can't say that i'm encouraged by what i've read in that article though.

• Thanks 2

Indeed.  One of Sony's greatest strengths was the autonomy of each regional division and their ability to cater specifically to each individual market... This restructuring is actively taking away that strength...

SCEA has been growing progressively more powerful during this last gen though, as they pushed the Japanese division into irrelevence.  It seems like all that power is getting to their heads though and now they want to push SCEE about...

It's just baffling why gaming companies never seem to learn from past mistakes!  It's like bloody clockwork! No bloody wonder why the Third Console Curse is a thing :p 

Edited by Dcubed
  • Haha 1

Was just browsing through the PS4 games on the Argos site and noticed that there have been some new additions to the PlayStation Hits range. The new God of War and Uncharted: Lost Legacy are some great additions, I didn't realise they had so many recent games for so cheap. 

I finally got around to playing the MediEvil demo this morning. I never played the original on the PlayStation so I have no nostalgia for it. I've always wanted to play it though.

The demo was super short but it gave an idea of what to expect in the full game. It seems to be a nice little hack & slash type game, with a little bit of platforming action scattered around the place. I finished the demo but forgot about collecting Sir Daniel's helmet for the full game so I had to go back for it. No idea how I missed the thing. It was right at the start of the demo. :D 

It looks to be quite a chill game and I look forward to the main release next week. I'm well happy with the budget price the game is launching at. I think I've got it preordered for just under £19 on Shopto.

Sony's financial numbers have been released for the last quarter and PS4 is now officially the 2nd best selling home console of all time. A person on Era made some graphs showing the numbers.

1572416123-capture-d-ecran-2019-10-30-a-

1572416125-capture-d-ecran-2019-10-30-a-

There was a conversation in the PS5 thread about Sony being lucky this generation and being gifted the win but these 2 images shows it's not as simple as that. It shows that Sony has a very loyal fan base and a very wide appeal. You wouldn't get these numbers if that wasn't the case. Taking 4 of the top 5 spots is even more impressive when you think that the original PlayStation was the new kid on the block and the PS3 had a disastrous start.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Absolutely mental consistency. I think the PS2 is a bit of anomaly in that it's ridiculously high, but to be selling consoles at pretty much 100 million every version shows its not luck at all, they always manage to tap into the magic something that gamers want, even a "failure" like the PS3! 

They still can't design a decent controller, though...🕵️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1