NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Don’t remember the story at all but I think I liked that Ghostbusters game. Haven’t played it since it’s original launch so I might get the remastered version.

37 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Seriously looking forward to it. Didn't play this last generation, so mega excited.

I hear that this is basically the third film. Corrrreeeeecccttttt?

Correct.

• Like 1

I wonder if they'll remaster Bill Murray's phoned in performance.

Some of us might make a return to Destiny 2 after a long absence. 😶 Hopefully the Shadowkeep is good enough to keep us semi-active on it. 

Bought Stellaris: Console Edition today (the Deluxe version is currently on sale for 40 bucks). I was craving a 4X game and this was supposed to be very good (despite being miles behind the PC version).

Well...45 minutes in and there is so much to learn, but hey...that's 4X for you :D I can see myself spending a lot of time with this.

17 hours ago, drahkon said:

I can see myself spending a lot of time with this.

Already did...played this for 5 hours straight last night. 

Met one other civilization and they are not friendly. They immediately closed their borders and told me to watch what I do...alright. :blank: 
I'll try to establish a trade deal with them and not stir up any conflicts. I may, however, want to increase my military power...just in case.

There's so much to handle, it's crazy. I haven't even laid a finger on half of the mechanics. This is exactly what I wanted out of the game and I got it. :peace: 

Picked up a Mayflash Magic-S wireless adapter so I can use my Switch Pro Controller on the PS4.

Works a dream and makes my gaming experience on the PS4 much more enjoyable... I’m no longer cursing at the thumbsticks! :grin:

On a side-note, Mayflash gave excellent Customer Service on this:

Edited by Kav
  • Like 2

The beast has finally achieved it.

earn-platinum-trophies-for-your-psn-acco

Be the quickest home console to reach 100 million units sold. Platinum unlocked. :D 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Very impressive :) 

It won't hit PS2 numbers, I reckon because sales will slow down once the PS5 is announced/hits the shelves. Or maybe the PS4 will get another price cut and continues to sell like hot cakes. :D 

Don't be so sure, the people buying brand new PS5s within the first 6 months are probably not those that have the heaviest affect on figures. You can see on that graph most have shallow starts then plenty of jumps later on at holidays etc. When the PS5 comes out the PS4 will drop in price and become an option for many thousands of new households and young new gamers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The PS4 library is online/server dependent in a way the PS2's wasn't, so that might work against its longevity.

Wanna see something funny/sad?

There's a game on its way called Genshin Impact. It's apparently a game heavily inspired by BotW. Case in point:

Spoiler

Fpd1frJ.pngJM2JTni.png

Spoiler

Spoiler

Now then...here are some lovely people:

:laughing: People are weird. Anyway, this has given the devs/game quite a bit of publicity.

It made me find out about the game. And I have to say: It looks exactly like what I wanted BotW to be: BotW but with better fighting mechanics and a world that isn't boring, i.e. a world with cities and people. I'll definitely be keeping my eye on this. :) 

I genuinely laughed out loud when I opened that first screenshot. Utterly SHAMELESS. The reactions though are :blank: that's the gaming community I suppose.

Still, you want tons of publicity for your unknown game? Rip off one of the most beloved and critically aclaimed games ever made! Not for me though, the combat looks mindless and button-mashy.

That's pretty funny. Especially the foo who destroyed his PS4 in protest.

*Shrugs* Looks like every other vaguely decent budget anime game to me. Reminds me more of Ni No Kuni than anything, albeit with slightly more detailed anime style.

Any excuse for an outrage I suppose, especially when Nintendo and Sony are involved. You'd think it was the first time a game came out looking similar to a competitor.

22 minutes ago, Goafer said:

*Shrugs* Looks like every other vaguely decent budget anime game to me. Reminds me more of Ni No Kuni than anything, albeit with slightly more detailed anime style.

Any excuse for an outrage I suppose, especially when Nintendo and Sony are involved. You'd think it was the first time a game came out looking similar to a competitor.

Nah, a lot of that is almost a direct rip off of Breath of the Wild.

GF spilt water on my PS4 so the disk drive it broke D:

Considering replacing it with a pro but tbh I'm really struggling to actually see any palpable difference when I watch gameplay comparisons on youtube. Seems like the biggest case of emporer's new clothes ever. Or is it that you only can really tell the difference when it's on a TV? Has anyone here upgraded, and is it worth it? thanks?

3 hours ago, dan-likes-trees said:

Has anyone here upgraded, and is it worth it?

Yes. Noticable framerate improvements on optimized games. 

GF spilt water on my PS4 so the disk drive it broke D:  Considering replacing it with a pro but tbh I'm really struggling to actually see any palpable difference when I watch gameplay comparisons on youtube. Seems like the biggest case of emporer's new clothes ever. Or is it that you only can really tell the difference when it's on a TV? Has anyone here upgraded, and is it worth it? thanks?

A big upgrade, checkerboard rendering up to 4k resolution and up to 60 FPS in many games that were 1080p/30fps. This is coming from someone who spent thousands of hours on each system. PS4 Pros are also not particularly expensive either these days. Would need a decent 4k TV to see the full benefits though.

It's now Sony's turn to buy up a studio: they've bought Insomniac Games. A no brainer in all honesty. After the success of Marvel's Spider-man, there was no way Sony would let them slip through their fingers especially of they can continue to add to Spider-man with successive titles and have that be a strong first party pillar of their console line up going forward.

If rumours are true, this may only be the start as there is a recurring rumour that they're looking into buying Remedy but we'll have to see whether that happens or not and whether they'll pick up any other studios to bolster their line up against Microsoft's recent slew of purchases.

https://uk.ign.com/articles/2019/08/19/sony-acquires-spider-man-ps4-developer-insomniac-games

Edited by Ganepark32
  • Like 1

Easily the best news to come out of Gamescom yesterday, which wasnt hard seeing as both Inside Xbox and the opening show were awful.

Both Sony and Insomniac have had a very good relationship over the years and Insomniac has always found success on the PlayStation platform. It's no surprise that Sunset Overdrive bombed on the Xbox when most of Insomniacs fans were on another platform. I wonder if that IP will get another life on the PlayStation?

It feels great to finally have the holy trinity of Sucker Punch, Naughty Dog and Insomniac all now officially part of the PlayStation family.

Also, part of the news was that Spider-Man has sold over 13 million copies which is insane when you consider it's an exclusive and only been out a year. There's really only Nintendo that sees those kinds of numbers in such a short space of time.

• Thanks 1