NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

13 hours ago, Animal said:

I might be getting (HOPEFULLY) a white PS4. There are a couple of games I want (God of War and Until Dawn) but what other games would you recommend that are exclusives?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 Remix
  • Kingdom Hearts 2.8
  • Dragon Quest XI
  • Detroit: Become Human
  • Beyond: Two Souls
  • Persona 5
  • Yakuza 0, Kiwami and Kiwami 2
  • Uncharted 1,2,3,4 and Lost Legacy
  • Bloodborne
  • Nioh
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Tearaway Unfolded
  • Dragon Quest Builders
  • Spider-Man
  • Digimon Cyber Sleuth
  • Gravity Rush Remastered
  • The Last of Us Remastered
  • Journey
  • Infamous Second Son and Last Light
Edited by Hero-of-Time

3 hours ago, Animal said:

I saw Bloodborne in my shop. It looks pretty cool. It looks like a cross between Devil May Cry and CastleVania or something

It's so much more than this ;) If you haven't played any similar games (ie, Dark Souls) be prepared to have your mind blown. It's a clever, raw, especially challenging and brutal experience that makes you really stretch your own skills. There's nothing else like these games really, and if you get it at first you'll be like "what the hell, this game is hard to play and so punishing and yet maybe I'll just try one more time..." and then it'll click... I think it's still the PS4's best exclusive.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Animal said:

I also want the Last of Us remastered. Is it any different on PS4?

It's the definitive version, it runs better, looks better and has the dlc as well. :)

Anyone know if it's possible for me to get another free trial of PS plus? I'm keen to try out Red Dead online but used a free trial of PS plus when I got my PS4 in December 2016, just wondering if after a certain length of time its possible to sign up for a free trial again?? If not I'll just buy a couple of months worth but money is tight for me because of Christmas so thought i'd check if I can get a couple of weeks free first. 

Not on your main account, but I think you could probably make a new account and do a free trial.

Since Red Dead Online doesn't use anything you've unlocked in the main game, might be an option?

• Thanks 1

It's the definitive version, it runs better, looks better and has the dlc as well.

I'll definitely give this one a go. I used this game to test a PS3 console and ended up playing it for half an hour accidentally. I bought it on PS3 to play but never got round to it. I'll definitely grab this!

It's so much more than this If you haven't played any similar games (ie, Dark Souls) be prepared to have your mind blown. It's a clever, raw, especially challenging and brutal experience that makes you really stretch your own skills. There's nothing else like these games really, and if you get it at first you'll be like "what the hell, this game is hard to play and so punishing and yet maybe I'll just try one more time..." and then it'll click... I think it's still the PS4's best exclusive.

So I've got the white PS4 slim along with Bloodborne and Infamous: Second Son, as extremely kindly paid for by my parents, which was unexpected. I've been meaning to play Dark Souls II and by that, I mean continue playing it without wanting to destroy the world, haha. Bloodborne looks fantastic! I'm going to be getting Until Dawn as well.

• Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 Remix
  • Kingdom Hearts 2.8
  • Dragon Quest XI
  • Detroit: Become Human
  • Beyond: Two Souls
  • Persona 5
  • Yakuza 0, Kiwami and Kiwami 2
  • Uncharted 1,2,3,4 and Lost Legacy
  • Bloodborne
  • Nioh
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Tearaway Unfolded
  • Dragon Quest Builders
  • Spider-Man
  • Digimon Cyber Sleuth
  • Gravity Rush Remastered
  • The Last of Us Remastered
  • Journey
  • Infamous Second Son and Last Light

An awesome list! OH MY GOD! KINGDOM HEARTS IS A MUST! I CAN FINALLY PLAY 2.8!

You need a PS+ subscription to play online (there are exceptions but you'd have to look up which games can be played online without PS+).
Party chat exists.

Edit: Fucking Christ, the irony :laughing: But it wasn't actually my fault. The browser fucked up and actually made two posts  

Ha! It's all good! I had to be re-educated on how to work Tapatalk. Now I know. I can teach you sometime, lmao.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Can you teach me how send from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I'm sure I can fit in a lesson or two somewhere

Also, I bought Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age. I'll give it another try. I played it on PS2 way back when and wasn't keen. Things may have changed though now that I'm older

Sent by the sexiest animal alive using a HTC One M8 with a broken screen protector

• Like 2

[mention=3591]Animal[/mention]
Witcher 3 is a must apart from the combat its a much better game than Horizon imo.
I've got that for the Xbox One. It's pretty good. I saw this game where you play as two women who are the same woman and one part of her flies in the air and the other fights on ground. No idea what it's called but it looks amazing.

All I remember is it's kind of cel-shaded graphics and has an anime style. I'd love to buy it!

Sent by the sexiest animal alive using a HTC One M8 with a broken screen protector

So I've got these at the moment. I'm really looking forward to playing Kingdom Hearts on the PS4. I've heard from multiple people that it looks fantastic on PS4.

All I want now is Final Fantasy X/X2 HD Remastered (I have it on PS3- is there a difference?), Spiderman and God of War.f57b823bd7d1f97c48e7afe87bf33546.jpg0a92c8d04a6fcade6db530241cda116e.jpg646235fcbdb59718b9be225558bb3f88.jpg930c7cb9643f2e9dab3d7cce82e696e4.jpgb903b39ee15199af4b6eed71ea96022e.jpg

• Like 5

You can get some of your PS4 stats right here.

• My first game: Don't Starve
  • 5878 hours spent with 282 games
  • my three most played games:
    • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 650 hours
    • Call of Duty: Black Ops III 568 hours
    • and...surprise: Call of Duty: WWII 448 hours
  • I've earned 4469 trophies since the PS4's launch
    • 56 Platinum
    • 347 Gold
    • 936 Silver
    • 3130 Bronze
  • apparently my rarest trophy is Dangerous Golf's Platinum; only 134 people earned it. Meh, it was an easy one :D 

Ok, thanks Sony. Now make those stats available on the PS4 without a video. :p 

My stats are a little less impressive, 

• First game was The Last Guardian
  • 557 hours across 33 games
  • Most played game is Dark Souls II (84 hours) then MGSV (75 hours) and Red Dead II (57 hours)
  • Rarest trophy was 'Appy Ending' from Planet of the Apes: Last Frontier which 5963 players have earned, but thats down to not many people having played that game rather than it being a difficult trophy to get

My first game was Towerfall Ascension. I didn't actually buy any games when I bought the console, just checked out the plus games I had collected and this was the first one I tried appearently.

I've got 7174 hours across 265 games.

1069 hours on the Gwent, 391 hours on Star Wars Battlefront and 344 hours on Witcher 3. I think the last one includes both the original and the GOTY.

6978 trophies earned on PS4(got around 9500 altogether) and the hardest trophy is Valor, the platinum from Earthlock: Festival of Magic, same as killthenet, I don't think many played that game. Only 90 people got the platinum.

Edited by Tales
  • Like 1

My first game was Star Wars Battlefront.

I've spent 527 hours on 22 games

My 3 must played games were:

78 hours on Just Cause 3
69 hours on Assassin's Creed Syndicate
57 hours on Horizon: Zero Dawn

My rarest trophy was one from LA Noire, but 12800 people earned it, so I don't feel that special...

Nothing that surprising there.

My first game was Infamous Second Son.

4851 hours spent playing 250 games.

Most played games were:

• Monster Hunter World - 350 hours
  • Destiny - 168 hours
  • Metal Gear Solid V - 135 hours

Rarest Platinum Trophy was Poi, with 359 people earning it.

9261 trophies earned. Here's breakdown:

• 220 platinum
  • 1134 gold
  • 2411 silver
  • 5476 bronze

• My first game: Stick it to the Man
  • 7548 hours spent with 29 games
  • my three most played games:
    • Destiny - 2879 hours
    • Overwatch - 1325 hours
    • Yugioh Legacy of the Duelist - 876 hours
  • I've earned 589 trophies since the PS4's launch
    • 1 Platinum (Destiny)
    • 42 Gold
    • 89Silver
    • 457 Bronze
  • apparently my rarest trophy is Elite Dangerous Elitist Platinum; only 6872 people earned it.

My first game: Rayman Legends

3209 Hours across 348 games

Most played games are:

Destiny - 282 Hours

No Man's Sky - 137 Hours

The Witcher 3 - 131 Hours

I've earned 4902 trophies since I got my PS4, with 5259 trophies total so far.

49 Platinum

461 Gold

1016 Silver

3733 Bronze

My rarest trophy is Rooster from Soft Body, which only 17 people have unlocked. I can imagine it's not a game many have bought or heard of and it is a tricky game with its controls.

Quite shocked at how much time I put into the first Destiny, and that's with stopping after a few months after the Taken King expansion. As for No Man's Sky, I've played more with each update and I just find it good to chill out to. And The Witcher 3 is just superb and I could so easily play more of it as there still so much to see even though I've finished the story and both expansions.

Edited by Ganepark32

My first game was Star Wars Battlefront.

I’ve played for 1969 hours [insert joke about landing on the moon here] across 53 games.

And now the interesting part where my younger brother completely skews my statistics...

Most played games:

Fortnite — 449 hours 

Star Wars Battlefront — 235 hours

FIFA 18 — 187 hours

I myself have literally only played two hours, at most, of Fortnite, so... :laughing: I’d imagine that the next few games in that list would be FIFA 17 and Dragon Quest XI; for the latter, I know from the in-game data I put over 100 hours into it :D 

I’ve earned 796 trophies since I got a PS4 in December 2015, with the breakdown being:

Platinum: 7

Gold: 44

Silver: 157

Bronze: 588

My rarest trophy is the Platinum for Shenmue II, Now I Can Sleep, which 4287 players have unlocked. 

Man, I really love when we get to see our statistics broken down like this — if only Sony would let us view our complete stats breakdown whenever we wanted to :p 

• Like 1

Sony have put out a general stats video for the PS4.

It certainly has been an incredible 5 years for the console and I think the 6th year is looking stupidly good as well. Devil May Cry V, Sekiro, Onimusha, Metro:Exodus, Tales of Vesperia, Days Gone, Resident Evil 2, Kingdom Hearts III...and that's just in the first few months. :eek:

• Like 1

My first game was Knack

4289 hours spent playing 164 games.

Most played games were:

• Fifa 18 - 559 hours
  • Fifa 16 - 536 hours
  • Fifa 17 - 426 hours

Rarest Trophy was Campaign Legend on Wipeout Omega Collection, with 5225 people earning it.

2248 trophies earned. Here's breakdown:

• 8 platinum
  • 94 gold
  • 413 silver
  • 1733 bronze

Definitely got my money worth out of the yearly editions of FIFA with Ultimate Team and Pro Clubs.

No surprise really with the top 3 with those games being games played for 12 months and not just 2-3 months.

Destiny and Monster Hunter World can't be far behind Fifa 17.

• Haha 1