NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Bought this just now. Always been interested. Today is payday and it's only 6€...easy decision :D

Well...Vostoc Inc. is a weird game.

It's part clicker-game part twin-stick-shooter. The latter is a little wonky and not as precise as you come to expect from the likes of Super Stardust and Geometry Wars, but it works. The clicker-game aspect is basically just buying stuff that brings in more money to buy stuff that brings in more money to buy stuff...you get the idea.

It's a massive time sink but for the right target audience (i.e. me) it's perfect :D A little bit of mindless grinding never hurt anybody.

Really hope there's a sequel in the works. With refined twin-stick-shooting mechanics it could turn out to be an amazing game.

41 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

...and it's been pointless ever since :p

I was waiting for some comment like that. It was just a question of who on here was going to make it first.

Its a shame that the idea of them filtering across to each person's room in Playstation Home never came about. That would have been an interesting twist to the system.

Didn't Xbox achievements system come out several years before that too?

37 minutes ago, bob said:

Didn't Xbox achievements system come out several years before that too?

Indeed. 

Ten years, and I only have 33 platinum trophies to show for it. And three of those are Sound Shapes!

I think I've got three. And one of those is from a Telltale game.

In retrospect, I shouldn't have played so many Telltale games on PC. They're basically free platinums.

Picked up a Pro PS4 today. Been toying with the idea for a while so got it with Detroit to play through as it looks up my street. 

Pleasant surprise that you can redownload Plus games you've previously owned. Until Dawn here I come. Again! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aneres11 said:

Picked up a Pro PS4 today. Been toying with the idea for a while so got it with Detroit to play through as it looks up my street. 

Pleasant surprise that you can redownload Plus games you've previously owned. Until Dawn here I come. Again! 

You're in for a treat with Detroit. The story is fantastic and quite moving.

15 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

You're in for a treat with Detroit. The story is fantastic and quite moving.

Yeah I'm excited to play it. The sun is on the room my consoles are in at the moment so I booted it up and could hardly see anything so I'll wait til later and then have a good go. 

Upon loading it up I got a real Black Mirror vibe so I'm digging it already!

I’m thinking about picking up Detroit as I’ve got next week off work and I refuse to turn the PC on in this heat so I need a PS4 game to play.

Edit: Ordered it and got a free copy of the new Blade Runner as well so that’ll help pass the time.

Edited by Happenstance

It's a fantastic game to play through and experience yourself, but I've found it's as enjoyable watching others play - now I've already been through it once. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aneres11 said:

@Hero-of-Time you were not wrong when you said I was in for a treat with Detroit. 

Absolutely loving it. 

Happy to see you are enjoying it. Get in the Detroit thread and lets us know about what decisions you have been making.

• Like 1

So my PS4 set overheated and set on fire >.< Now im not sure wether to replace it or grab a Xbox.... Got an old PS4 anyway.....

• Sad 1

So my PS4 set overheated and set on fire >.
Your PS4...set on fire? I'd be drafting up an email right away to Sony for some compensatory monies...

• Thanks 1

On 08/07/2018 at 8:00 PM, Sheikah said:

Your PS4...set on fire? I'd be drafting up an email right away to Sony for some compensatory monies...

It was my own fault really, not really cleaned it over the last couple of years (other than running a hoover along the vents) and it ended up getting games piled either side of it..... So in this heat and no air flow.... :( Its fitting really, it was the Darth Vader one, and now his head is burnt and mishaped lmao

• Haha 2

So far we've gotten the first three Episodes for free. Four more to go :D 

Thinking about getting a headset for the PS4. Any recommendations? Cheaper the better but I'm open to paying more if it's worth it!