NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Damnit, I literally just bought Yakuza Zero for £25.

43 minutes ago, bob said:

Physically? For the sake of £5 I think you've dodged a bullet or rather a "banner" due to the boxart alteration. :p

Digitally? You've still dodged a bullet... well in one way, I don't know... I still like to buy physical games where possible, I'm going to assume you bought the boxed copy though.

If not then... I agree, that is frustrating if you've bought it digitally and the digital price has just changed as well.

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

There are a couple of games on the list that I will need to pick up before the boxes change. Can't be having those kinds of things in my gaming collection. :shakehead

Yep, this... heck I got rid of steelbooks because they didn't fit in my collection, the only ones I'll keep (seperately) are the Yakuza ones... maybe.

But yeah, no Playstation Hits banners for me. :cool:

Fortunately, I either have all of those games already or just don't care for the other titles in that list, so we're all good. :D

Edited by S.C.G
  • Like 1

I feel like I’ve walked into the gaming collection equivalent of a racist conversation...

• Haha 5

Physically? For the sake of £5 I think you've dodged a bullet or rather a "banner" due to the boxart alteration.
Digitally? You've still dodged a bullet... well in one way, I don't know... I still like to buy physical games where possible, I'm going to assume you bought the boxed copy though.

Actually it is only theoretically, since it hadn't arrived yet through the post. But since I don't really care about boxart, I wouldn't have minded that extra £5.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I feel like I’ve walked into the gaming collection equivalent of a racist conversation...

Is it really only @Hero-of-Time and I who have such a vehement dislike of budget game release boxart and a strong preference for physical games over digital where possible? :blank:

This might require a thread rip but, I still really like to collect physcial games and this kind of stuff... just matters. :p

I understand the point from the other side of the conversation, but I can always think of counter-points...

• Digital is convenient (well yes but is it really that much of a hardship to change a disc?)
  • Digital is cheaper (true... but then it doesn't have the cost of the box or the disc
  • Digital is the future (not for me, while physical games are still an option, I'll buy them)

Anyway, budget ranges are all well and good as they let new audiences experience these excellent titles but I'll always hate those altered boxarts with a passion. ::shrug:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bob said:

Actually it is only theoretically, since it hadn't arrived yet through the post. But since I don't really care about boxart, I wouldn't have minded that extra £5.

I can understand that, I'd still be a bit annoyed as well, £5 difference is still money which you could have potentially saved.

I'll send you the extra £5 if you like? You've helped me out before afterall, selling me game stuff for a good price, so I'd be happy to in this instance. :peace:

Either way, I hope you enjoy Yakuza Zero, which reminds me... I need to get back to playing it again soon. :D

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

I'll send you the extra £5 if you like?

Damnit, bought a car for 150.000€. Now it's discounted at 100.000€.

You can use PayPal to send me the extra 50.000€. :)

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Damnit, bought a car for 150.000€. Now it's discounted at 100.000€.

You can use PayPal to send me the extra 50.000€. :)

Well, it was worth a try. ;)

1 minute ago, S.C.G said:

Well, it was worth a try. ;)

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - Wayne Gretzky
           - Michael Scott"
                      - drahkon

• Like 2

I can understand that, I'd still be a bit annoyed as well, £5 difference is still money which you could have potentially saved.
I'll send you the extra £5 if you like? You've helped me out before afterall, selling me game stuff for a good price, so I'd be happy to in this instance. :peace:
Either way, I hope you enjoy Yakuza Zero, which reminds me... I need to get back to playing it again soon.
Nah, you're all right. It's just the timing that's annoying!

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

Is it really only @Hero-of-Time and I who have such a vehement dislike of budget game release boxart and a strong preference for physical games over digital where possible? :blank:

Nope, I’m with you guys too. There are actually some games that I’ve purchased digitally that I plan on purchasing physically for the sake of my physical collection.

I only really purchase games digitally if it:

a) gives me an opportunity to try out a game I’m interested in prior to the physical price being just as low (i.e. I got MGSV Definitive Edition for ~£8 digitally, when it was ~£20 physically), to figure out if I really do want it to be part of my collection.

b) is a game only available digitally/had an extremely limited physical run (these are typically indie titles), meaning that physical copies are either extremely rare or considerably pricey.

c) is a game that I’ll play mindlessly (and normally on sale), where I don’t really mind that it’s not part of my physical collection, and the convenience of having it already on my console outweighs the space that it might take up on a shelf, as I only play the game sporadically/when in a mood for some aimless gaming. E.g. FIFA

I’m the exact same way with books, and my film collection, actually. Beyond the physical v. digital debate there, I also have to consider the format (i.e. paperback v. hardcover; DVD v. Blu-Ray — and soon to probably be v. 4K UHD, too) and my preferred appearance in my collection (cover art, box set v. individual copies, etc.). 

• Thanks 1

I remember when Rise of the Tomb Raider came out. I refused to have that collectors cardboard box on my shelf and it took me ages to hunt down a copy that just had a standard box.

I refused to buy a copy of Rise of the Tomb Raider brand new because of the year long exclusivity Microsoft got with it.  Got it pre-owned a few days later, never gave Square a penny.

Some great games on that list.

Being a PC gamer I kind of just got over the digital purchase hang ups a long time ago.

I prefer non-Greatest Hits covers, but there are like five games I've been putting off buying on that list. It's been so nice not having to worry about this this generation. :sad:

You're going to hate me but Yakuza Zero is on sale on PSN for £12. You could have bought two!

You're going to hate me but Yakuza Zero is on sale on PSN for £12. You could have bought two! 
Yeah but that's digital, which as we know, is literally trash.
  • Haha 2

Slightly worried about my PS4. Watching some blu rays this morning and I’ve had multiple skips with different discs.

4 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Hasn't

Hasn't PS4 had folders for a couple of years now?

I dunno, has it?! :wtf:

I’ve never noticed... ::shrug:

If I knew I’d have sorted them ages ago, I don’t like the UI of the PS4.

I believe the PS4 has had folders for a while now, if they are indeed implying that you can move the individual folders to wherever you want them, then that's a worthwhile update.

So many times I would put games into a new folder and then not be able to move that folder, it's a small thing but it will make a difference. :)

Just need some folders on the Switch now. ;)

1 minute ago, Kav said:

I dunno, has it?! :wtf:

I’ve never noticed... ::shrug:

If I knew I’d have sorted them ages ago, I don’t like the UI of the PS4.

Definitely has for a while now, they brought it in a year or two after release. But yeah not a fan of the UI either, even with folders, just so bloated and busy

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Definitely has for a while now, they brought it in a year or two after release. But yeah not a fan of the UI either, even with folders, just so bloated and busy

I had no idea! :grin:

Just under 2 years.

#tbt

(I enjoy the Inceptionesque shrinking double avatar I get when I quote my own posts, might do it more)

• Thanks 1