NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

3 minutes ago, Goafer said:

Huh, so this is what it looks like when someone tries to paint Microsoft in a pro-consumer light. Don't think I've ever seen it before.

Backwards compatibility? Game Pass? Xbox has done a great job correcting their mistakes at the start of the gen.

3 hours ago, drahkon said:

Are we really going down this road again?

Who's watching the conference live tonight/tomorrow morning, then? 

With DMC 5 being shown at the Xbox presser, I'm hoping that we get to see a Resident Evil 2 remake trailer and the Onimusha trademark renewal leads to something to be shown here. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Who's watching the conference live tonight/tomorrow morning, then?

I will.

Here's the only thing I expect: Death Stranding gameplay. If this doesn't show up I'll be pissed.

• Thanks 1

I don't think there's anything that could annoy me about Sony's conference. Honestly, my PS4 backlog is so big that they could skip E3 and I probably still would not have caught up by this time next year. :D 

For me, they can show anything tonight and everything will be gravy. Besides, Microsoft already showed me a bunch of games I'll be playing on my PS4. :p 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There will always be games coming out for the PS4, so nothing will actually happen if not much gets shown later. It'll just mean that those games get shown another time, or the third parties will fill in the gap. I'm just watching (tomorrow, not live) because it's E3 and it's the thing to do, I suppose. There's not much riding on this conference, imo.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Backwards compatibility? Game Pass? Xbox has done a great job correcting their mistakes at the start of the gen.

They are very much living up the past. Clearly gaming itself isnt a big priority.

Their acquisitions werent big at all. The games were the same old and mostly showcasing lots of PS4 3rd party games does not paint them in a strong position.

With their acqusition of github they are focused on relationships with businesses(their strength kind of). They have never been a great consumer company. This conference fully cements that we wont see major change but they are willing to put up as many smoke and mirrors as possible. You can keep waiting though.

They are going to have a crushing transition to next gen with the way they are going.

Edited by Choze

8 minutes ago, Choze said:

Clearly gaming itself isnt a big priority.

"50 New Games. 18 Exclusive Titles. 15 World Premieres"

Their entire conference was about games, literally nothing else in it. They even talked about game streaming in the future (not the first publisher to do so), not to mention teasing their next generation games console.

They made some big mistakes at the start of the generation but Phil Spencer coming on board has absolutely steadied the ship. Backwards compatibility is a big thing for Xbox fans and Game Pass seems a pretty great deal. At a time when I personally couldn't care less about my PS+ expiring. I know it's fashionable to hate on things in gaming, eg. Microsoft, but I think credit where credit's due. Reading up on E3, most seem to agree they had a great showing for the position they're in.

Their acquisitions werent big at all. The games were the same old and mostly showcasing lots of PS4 3rd party games does not paint them in a strong position.

With their acqusition of github they are focused on relationships with businesses(their strength). They have never been a great consumer company. This conference fully cements that we wont see major change but they are willing to put up as many smoke and mirrors as possible. You can keep waiting though.

They are going to have a crushing transition to next gen with the way they are going.

A minor nitpick, they didn't show PS4 3rd party games, they showed 3rd party games. I'm also not sure how you can say their acquisitions weren't big. The proof will be in the pudding, the point is it's a step in the right direction.

Edited by Ronnie

15 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

A minor nitpick, they didn't show PS4 3rd party games, they showed 3rd party games. I'm also not sure how you can say their acquisitions weren't big. The proof will be in the pudding, the point is it's a step in the right direction.

Its year 5 of this cycle. Please show some indication that you are grounded on this.

From the man who says they're going to crash into next gen, having just acquired/created 5 new studios? Or that gaming itself wasn't a priority for their showing, after announcing 50 games and talking about nothing else but games?

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

From the man who says they're going to crash into next gen, having just acquired/created 5 new studios? Or that gaming itself wasn't a priority for their showing, after announcing 50 games and talking about nothing else but games?

Ok. MS are perfect.

Last of us 2 probably stole the show. Spiderman looked great too.

3rd party wise: Nioh 2 was a surprise.

Black Ops 3 free for Plus users for 2 days?

Edited by Choze

That was a super weird conference. Last Of Us was a really strong start and looks great but that transition where they just sat at a desk outside for 15 mins while the audience switched locations was a huge lull. Never seen anything quite so bizarre in a press conference.

The second half definitely made up for it though, the deep dives were really interesting for Ghost Of Tsushima, Death Stranding and even Spider-Man looked good to me and I have no love for that character at all so that's quite an achievement.

I would have liked some more third party stuff but the two big reveals we had were great, very excited to finally play RE2 in January.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, killthenet said:

That was a super weird conference. Last Of Us was a really strong start and looks great but that transition where they just sat at a desk outside for 15 mins while the audience switched locations was a huge lull. Never seen anything quite so bizarre in a press conference.

The second half definitely made up for it though, the deep dives were really interesting for Ghost Of Tsushima, Death Stranding and even Spider-Man looked good to me and I have no love for that character at all so that's quite an achievement.

I would have liked some more third party stuff but the two big reveals we had were great, very excited to finally play RE2 in January.

The format was odd. But people will remember the games. Especially if they end up great.

My twitch feed crashed with Destiny 2.

Edited by Choze

Question:

If I log in on my mate's PS4 as a guest via the PS App, could I download games from my account to his console and play them as long as I'm logged in?

On 15/06/2018 at 6:56 PM, drahkon said:

Question:

If I log in on my mate's PS4 as a guest via the PS App, could I download games from my account to his console and play them as long as I'm logged in?

Think you need to make your PS4 as primary PS4 first before you can log on your mate's ps4 as guest but you should able to download your games on it. 

Sony have announced a Greatest Hits range for the PS4.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018/06/19/introducing-playstation-hits-acclaimed-ps4-games-for-only-19-99/

• Bloodborne
  • Driveclub
  • inFAMOUS Second Son
  • Killzone Shadow Fall
  • The Last of Us Remastered
  • LittleBigPlanet 3
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
  • Need For Speed
  • Need For Speed Rivals
  • EA Sports UFC 2
  • Yakuza Zero
  • Earth Defense 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair
  • Project CARS
  • Dragon Ball Xenoverse
  • Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends Complete Edition
  • Watch_Dogs
  • Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag
  • Rayman Legends
  • Mortal Kombat X
  • Batman Arkham Knight
  • Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
  • Street Fighter V

Most of these can be bought for less digitally or as a physical copy with a little search or during a PSN sale...

18 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Most of these can be bought for less digitally or as a physical copy with a little search or during a PSN sale...

Indeed but I imagine this range, much like past platinum ranges, are for the less savvy gamer or parents looking to buy a cheap game for their kids.

There are a couple of games on the list that I will need to pick up before the boxes change. Can't be having those kinds of things in my gaming collection. :shakehead

• Like 2
  • Haha 1