NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

18 hours ago, Julius Caesar said:

Horizon Zero Dawn has sold over 7.6 million units in its first year on sale (it’s the game’s 1 year anniversary today), according to the PlayStation Blog, which makes it the best-selling new first-party franchise launch title on PS4. 

Incredible game. Still need to play the DLC. Hope we see a follow-up to it at some point, as there definitely is room for a sequel (the ending alluded to it a little with Sylas). 

1 minute ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Incredible game. Still need to play the DLC. Hope we see a follow-up to it at some point, as there definitely is room for a sequel (the ending alluded to it a little with Sylas). 

Still haven’t completed it myself, but I can’t wait to get back to it. First game I’ll be returning to this summer.

I definitely think that there’s room for a sequel, if not two; I’d love to see how other different areas and cultures of the world turned out, like Eastern Asia or Western Europe (iirc, the land in Zero Dawn is based on Denver/Colorado). 

I’m very happy for Guerrilla. They took a huge risk in fundamentally changing the types of games that they made with HZD, which has paid off massively for them. 

1 minute ago, Julius Caesar said:

Still haven’t completed it myself, but I can’t wait to get back to it. First game I’ll be returning to this summer.

I definitely think that there’s room for a sequel, if not two; I’d love to see how other different areas and cultures of the world turned out, like Eastern Asia or Western Europe (iirc, the land in Zero Dawn is based on Denver/Colorado). 

I’m very happy for Guerrilla. They took a huge risk in fundamentally changing the types of games that they made with HZD, which has paid off massively for them. 

I'm really not sure if there is a "rest of the world". Finish the rest of the game so that we can talk about it/that! :D

If anything, I hope we get to see another game using that engine. The combat is top class and played really well, and the game stood out visually. Insane looking game. 

I need to restart Horizon at some point, I only got about an hour in the first time I started it. Unfortunately I'm in one of my gaming ruts at the moment so haven't really touched much other than easy to play games while watching tv like Spelunky or FTL.

3 hours ago, Happenstance said:

Unfortunately I'm in one of my gaming ruts at the moment so haven't really touched much other than easy to play games while watching tv like Spelunky or FTL.

You should get Into the Breach. It's in the same vein as FTL (which is no surprise, as it's from the same dev). I absolutely love it.

SONY INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCES ORGANIZATIONAL TRANSFORMATION

SIE’s mission to create and develop the most attractive and powerful first party titles has become more important than ever. To fulfill this purpose, also effective April 1, Shawn Layden, current Chairman of Worldwide Studios (WWS) and SIEA President, will concentrate his focus on WWS continuing to provide platform-defining content that helps drive the growth of SIE.

This gen has been incredible with regards to first-party titles so far. Looks like it will continue, hopefully into next gen (i.e. PS5).

34 minutes ago, drahkon said:

This gen has been incredible with regards to first-party titles so far. Looks like it will continue, hopefully into next gen (i.e. PS5).

It was the strong lineup of exclusives that tempted me to jump from Xbox 360 to PS4. Looks like Sony will probably be keeping my patronage for another console generation.

1 hour ago, drahkon said:

Such a smart move for them to consolidate on this. They saw a massive gap in the market for release dates in H1, used their initiative in filling it up with a bunch of great exclusives, and are reaping the rewards.

I’m actually very surprised that we haven’t heard of a similar reorganisation over at Xbox. The more PlayStation supports console exclusives in H1, the more difficult it’s going to be for Xbox to effectively break into that window with their own exclusives (likely targeted at a  similar demongraphic) in the future. 

Edited by Julius Caesar

Sorry Detroit: Become Human, this is the choice-driven game of the year...heck, maybe ever.

Yeah, no one's gonna buy this except streamers...Really hope Game Grumps will play this.

Edited by drahkon
  • Haha 1

I...don't even know what to say to that! :D:o

Who thought that this was a good idea?!

I don’t have the data to watch right now, but boy do I look forward to it

That looks truly awful. What's more horrifying is that he suggests you shouldn't grab a woman's breasts because, "security might get involved" or "you'll get chucked out," or even have "all kinds of problems." It doesn't suggest that perhaps you shouldn't grab woman's breasts unless they want you to? Ugh. 

• Like 2

Funnily enough, your good ol' pal Jim Sterling did a little video on that guy and his "game" just a few days ago...

Needless to say, the "Dating Guru" doesn't come across very well ;) 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Dcubed said:

Needless to say, the "Dating Guru" doesn't come across very well ;) 

It's a shame that this game will make him a not insignificant amount of money, though.

Neverwinter and Skyforge weren't for me. I'll give Tera a go over the weekend with the open beta. It's supposed to be pretty good (at least on PC).

I'm in the mood for an MMORPG and if this is up my alley I can see myself playing this for a couple of hours every week.

Super Seducer, the controversial "pick-up artist" game from Richard La Ruina, will no longer be coming to PlayStation, according to a report from Motherboard.

The game was scheduled to launch on both PlayStation Store and Steam yesterday, and while the release did go ahead on PC, the title has yet to appear on Sony's platform in any region. Motherboard claims to have heard from PlayStation, which claims it will not sell the game on PS4.

PushSquare.com

:( Guess I'll stay single for the rest of my life.

Edited by drahkon
  • Haha 2

I think they would be silly to release their next console before 2020. PS4 is still firing on all cylinders. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I think they would be silly to release their next console before 2020. PS4 is still firing on all cylinders. 

Indeed. I think we'll see an announcement next year with a release in 2020.

Dev kits this early is great, though. Gives developers lots of time to get used to it. (if the report is true)

• Like 2

Well if they are just now getting dev kits out there then that would seem about right to me, couple of years to get to grips with the new hardware.

End of 2019 would be fine with me, that would be six years after the original PS4 release and three years after the Pro.