NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

2 minutes ago, drahkon said:

You waking up for that or staying awake?

I might drink a shit load of coffee and play Skyrim or CoD all night.

I'll just set my alarm, just like I done with the Game Awards.

9 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I'll just set my alarm, just like I done with the Game Awards.

Wish I could do that. Whenever I wake up that early I'm too delirious to pay attention to anything for at least half an hour :laughing:

By the way, what do you think we'll see? Anything major? Some crazy big announcement or just more trailers for stuff we've already seen? I haven't followed the news about the event so I have no idea what to expect.

9 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Wish I could do that. Whenever I wake up that early I'm too delirious to pay attention to anything for at least half an hour :laughing:

By the way, what do you think we'll see? Anything major? Some crazy big announcement or just more trailers for stuff we've already seen? I haven't followed the news about the event so I have no idea what to expect.

Probably a better look at Dreams and maybe longer trailer from the new From Software game. Other than that I can't think of anything else. Maybe a few cheeky shadow drops? I'm not really expecting any big reveals.

• Thanks 1

I think I'll just try and avoid any news and watch the EZA stream when I wake up. I'm not expecting any major reveals but do expect a more in-depth look at the new From Software game, there'll probably be a new trailer for Days Gone aswell seeing as that skipped Paris and Tokyo.

I know Sony said the event would be low key but even I didnt anticipate just how low key this ended up being. It felt like it was  show that they were forced to put on rather than one they wanted to put on. There were a few awkward moments and showing the same 8 minute Death Stranding trailer people had seen the previous day was just bad form. 

I feel sorry for those who forked out money to go and see the show but at least they get to play the games on offer.

I gotta say, is Sony not happy with Days Gone or something? There are no panels for it and there was no new trailer, despite it being on the show floor. When it didn't show up at PGW I figured it would at least make an apperance here.

I haven’t watched it yet myself but I haven’t seen too much disappointment on my twitter feed. Only complaint I’ve seen is that the Detroit stuff seemed to glorify gun violence and it was weird having people cheer it.

I watched it live and I found it really entertaining. Detroit Become Human was particularly awesome I thought, really made me want to buy the game!

3 hours ago, Happenstance said:

I haven’t watched it yet myself but I haven’t seen too much disappointment on my twitter feed. Only complaint I’ve seen is that the Detroit stuff seemed to glorify gun violence and it was weird having people cheer it.

The demo was played so that the audience had control over the choices. They chose to shoot Daniel and then they all cheered for it. America in a nutshell. :D 

Just watched it. It was very entertaining and insightful. Would love to see something like this every year.

The Death Stranding talk with Kojima, House and Cerny was pretty cool :D "So how did Death Stranding come together?" :laughing: 

Couple of trailers:

Spoiler

Roguelike platformer? I don't need to tell you that I'm all over this :D

Spoiler

Beautiful and interesting.

Spoiler

Pretty neat concept.

Spoiler

Love the vibe :D

Spoiler

Looks fun.

8 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The demo was played so that the audience had control over the choices. They chose to shoot Daniel and then they all cheered for it. America in a nutshell. :D 

I found that bit pretty uncomfortable tbh. Whooping and hollering over a guy getting shot. I know, video games, robots etc, but still...

The fact they used the same demo as three years ago doesn't fill me with confidence about how much is in the game tbh, that said still very excited for it.

19 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I found that bit pretty uncomfortable tbh. Whooping and hollering over a guy getting shot. I know, video games, robots etc, but still...

The fact they used the same demo as three years ago doesn't fill me with confidence about how much is in the game tbh, that said still very excited for it.

They can't show too much gameplay due to the genre. If they kept showing different scenarios then people would complain that certain story aspects would be spoilt. 

• Like 2

I now have in my possession a PSVR. (With a nicely fitting headset more comfy than expected.) now if only I had the ambition to set it up tonight. 

Honestly they put some thought into the try it at home program. Instructions on how to pack it back up and a return shipping label is provided right away. Also I was mistaken when I read the original email, it straight up comes with Skyrim VR (I originally thought it was a demo).

For $300 I don’t think there exists a better bundle. Maybe they’re making up to PS+ subscribers for the previous months of poor games. :heh: This is my first time holding move controllers though and, they seem fine other than the trigger is very squishy ala DS3 instead of DS4. 

I’ll actually set the damn thing up Wednesday. 

On 12/9/2017 at 12:43 PM, drahkon said:

Couple of trailers:

20XX (Reveal hidden contents)

Roguelike platformer? I don't need to tell you that I'm all over this :D

Moonlighter (Reveal hidden contents)

Beautiful and interesting.

Children of Morta (Reveal hidden contents)

Pretty neat concept.

Tower 57 (Reveal hidden contents)

Love the vibe :D

Hover (Reveal hidden contents)

Looks fun.

Moonlighter looks pretty dope.

That indie list reminded me of a game that @Ashley alerted @The Bard to on Facebook. It's been kicking around on Kickstarter since February but they recently released a new trailer, so I'm delighted to see it's still on track. Coming to PS4 as well. Fucking mint.

Original Trailer: 

New trailer:

Edited by dwarf

Played a bit of Superhot today.

It's awesome. This is how you innovate and reinvent the FPS genre.

On 12/22/2017 at 8:23 PM, drahkon said:

Played a bit of Superhot today.

It's awesome. This is how you innovate and reinvent the FPS genre.

You played it in VR? I know I harp on about it a lot but it was an amazing experience in VR. Grabbing, throwing and firing weapons whilst ducking bullets is the closest to being in The Matrix I've ever been. 

Really hope they make a fleshed out sequel. 

2 hours ago, somme said:

You played it in VR? I know I harp on about it a lot but it was an amazing experience in VR. Grabbing, throwing and firing weapons whilst ducking bullets is the closest to being in The Matrix I've ever been. 

Really hope they make a fleshed out sequel. 

I played Superhot years back on PC (I think it was still a free proof of concept then) and it will definitely be my first PSVR purchase. It’s hugely original in its premise and quite fun.

I finally set all that up and played a few demos and a bit of REVII. Holy fuck that game is intense normally but in VR mode, wow. 

Ads on the dash, hmm haven’t seen that yet myself. Taking a page from Microsoft now are we Sony?

3 hours ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

This is nothing new and can be turned off very easily.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/7m726b/ps4_screenshot_heres_a_new_evil_way_of/

"turn off ads (featured content) in the ps4 settings and you won't get stuff randomly added to your dashboard in the future

[Settings] > [System] > [Automatic Downloads]"

Seems a pretty new thing to me and plenty of others?

And being able to switch it off doesn't make it OK to put ads on our home screen of an already bloated and slow OS.

And being able to switch it off makes it worlds better than the Xbox equivalent. I believe people were blocking specific IP addresses at the router in order to shit off those ads. 

But no, ads for a paid service are fucking abhorrent. What the fuck am I paying you for if you’re still going to try and make ad revenue, and raise the price of subscriptions. 

42 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The PS4 OS is slow and bloated? You're clearly running a different version to me. 

It's a mess. Lots of layers, functions everywhere. The store is a chore to navigate. I hate it. Just my personal opinion though.