NEurope
Retro_Link

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Looks there there wont be a big press conference at PSX this year. :(

unbenannty4u4x.png

I suppose this is understandable. Their content for Paris Games Week was fantastic and there's only so much new stuff they can show during the course of the year. It's still a shame, though. If I knew it was going to be like this I would have preferred them to ditch the PGW presentation and just keep everything for PSX.

Their PGW one was probably only to combat the Xbox One X launch and to remind people these big games are still coming.

I thought it was a good showing but waaay overhyped, by Sony themselves. In no way was it E3 part 2. It was just E3... with more footage of those games, and no release dates.

On 11/7/2017 at 10:13 AM, Jimbob said:

That's understandable, Paris Games Week was jam packed with content. 

Not sure their fans who bought tickets well in advance would find it understandable. Sony could have given a bit more notice.

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Not sure their fans who bought tickets well in advance would find it understandable. Sony could have given a bit more notice.

But it's like shows like EGX and Gamescom.  Tickets go on sale before anyone knows what will be on show.  Kind of a pot-luck scenario.

41 minutes ago, Jimbob said:

But it's like shows like EGX and Gamescom.  Tickets go on sale before anyone knows what will be on show.  Kind of a pot-luck scenario.

I could be wrong but I think they always do a conference at PSX, since it started a few years ago. This year is the first time without one.

So, haven't played my psvr for AGES, put it on at the weekend because my nephews wanted to play the amazing headmaster. But my camera appears to be fucked... It's all fuzzy, white noise... It detects it's connected, but it's fucked. Anyone hear of this and is it possible to fix it? Be really annoying to pay yet another £50 for a device I've barely used.

33 minutes ago, dazzybee said:

So, haven't played my psvr for AGES, put it on at the weekend because my nephews wanted to play the amazing headmaster. But my camera appears to be fucked... It's all fuzzy, white noise... It detects it's connected, but it's fucked. Anyone hear of this and is it possible to fix it? Be really annoying to pay yet another £50 for a device I've barely used.

Have you tried turning it off and on again? :p

In all seriousness, you should contact Sony. I've had good experiences with their support so far. Results may vary, though :D

20 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Have you tried turning it off and on again? :p

In all seriousness, you should contact Sony. I've had good experiences with their support so far. Results may vary, though :D

Haha, yep! Good call, here's hoping!!

The Demon's Souls servers are being shut down worldwide at the end of February 2018. This has to mean a PS4 port is imminent, right? It'd be nice to know before the servers shut down...

The Demon's Souls servers are being shut down worldwide at the end of February 2018. This has to mean a PS4 port is imminent, right? It'd be nice to know before the servers shut down...

Why? What would you do differently?

1 hour ago, bob said:

Why? What would you do differently?

If there's no port coming, I would replay the game before the servers are shut down. I couldn't beat these games without summoning if my life depended on it.

The best part about this news is it means the servers stayed up for nearly a full 6 years after they were originally going to be shut down. 

I’m doubtful of a port honestly. They don’t really seem to do that instead preferring to keep creating new products. Plus the fact that I think they’re essentially done for now with the souls series as a whole. 

For anyone interested, Gears for Breakfast have finally announced a release date for A Hat in Time on PS4 (and Xbox One) and it'll be out next week on 6th December. No idea what the price will be, though no doubt the PS4 version will be priced higher as seems to be the course for digital titles being released on both consoles these days. Still, it looks good and finally great to see the game get it's final release beyond the PC one a month ago.

• Like 2

I see the appear offline function on the PS4 is borked. I just noticed I was signed in and tried appearing offline but had no luck. A quick google has shown this is a widespread problem that's been going on for a few days now. People and websites have tried reaching out to Sony as to why it's happening but they've been less than helpful and offered no real solution. Nice to see the increase in price for my PS+ subscription is going to good use. :D 

• Haha 2

Some more indie goodness for next year in the form of 80's inspired Crossing Souls which is out in February. Looking forward to this myself as I remember it from a couple of E3s ago and glad to see it's finally got a release date (it's also out the same day on PC).

• Thanks 1

Just “bought” PSVR. Got an email to try it at home. Comes with the new headset, camera, move controllers, Skyrim VR blu-ray and a Demo disc of VR. 

2 week trial with 10 days to ship back before being charged. Near as I can tell it’s a good deal though. I can’t find the headset with camera and controllers anywhere near as cheap as $299. 

Now I just wonder how it’ll work with my poor eyesight. I’m sure I can’t wear my glasses but I really don’t feel like having to wear my contacts if I want to play. 

3 hours ago, Nolan said:

Now I just wonder how it’ll work with my poor eyesight. I’m sure I can’t wear my glasses but I really don’t feel like having to wear my contacts if I want to play. 

There is enough room in the headset to wear glasses. Just be careful they don't slip onto the VR lenses. 

• Thanks 1

It's cool but I only have frustrating memories of the PS2 start-up menu. If you made it to that screen with the hovering dots it usually meant the game had failed to load, and you'd have to keep resetting until it worked. (Or hope the golden disc icon would magically appear)

S'all about the PS1 boot-up.

Not a bad piece of nostalgia.  Wait a year or two, then we'll probably have a PS3 load screen for PS4.

Got a cryptic as fuck email that prizelogic was shipping a package to me. Apparently that’s the PSVR, should arrive Friday.....while I’m still in New Hampshire so I guess it won’t get signed for yet haha. 

Anybody watching the PlayStation Experience live? It's on at 5am for us German suckers. Not sure if I can pull an all-nighter. :D

6 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Anybody watching the PlayStation Experience live? It's on at 5am for us German suckers. Not sure if I can pull an all-nighter. :D

Yeah, I'll be watching.

5 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yeah, I'll be watching.

You waking up for that or staying awake?

I might drink a shit load of coffee and play Skyrim or CoD all night.